ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jan 31, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #13,426 of 16,326
haha , sorry dont mean to offend , im sure you take my comments in good humour / faith -  i like classical music too,  john cage satie , feldman etc t i was using liberace to make a point ,

the onkyo is liberace

the fiio is debussy

i am fluent in psychedelic , private press, jap noise , electronic , minimal drone stuff , obscure prog , italian prog etc , industrial , jazz, don cherry , ornette , coltrane etc , folk outsider folk, improv amm, frith zorn zappa beefheart etc etc.. the necks

currently enjoy electronic beats like autechre aphex twin , echospace opal tapes etc..

Jan 31, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #13,427 of 16,326
Maybe another sony Z7 experience can help. I saw one Z7 after re-cable to 2.5 balance got driven by dpx1. With two times the power on balance the result is barely acceptable. The user actually went back to a desktop amplifier for his sony Z7 earphones.

To make it short, it is quite impossible to drive a sony Z7 on 3.5 single-ended dpx1.

I think that can save your time.

Jan 31, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #13,428 of 16,326
ps ,

ill sell my mint condition onkyo and a onkyo leather case , absolutely mint , 3 hrs use aprox , no  marks at all , boxed paperwork etc..dunno , err , 400 quid ...prob list it on ebay tonightt or tomorrow ,

Jan 31, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #13,430 of 16,326
Maybe another sony Z7 experience can help. I saw one Z7 after re-cable to 2.5 balance got driven by dpx1. With two times the power on balance the result is barely acceptable. The user actually went back to a desktop amplifier for his sony Z7 earphones.

To make it short, it is quite impossible to drive a sony Z7 on 3.5 single-ended dpx1.

I think that can save your time.

this guy im not 100% , but your agreeing with me  i  think , so happy to see im not completely nuts. cheers

Jan 31, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #13,431 of 16,326

its quieter overall with the equalizer than max volume on flat no equalizer , that i think just adds insult to my whole volume issue...if you take any old amplifier and set the volume to 5 and move to the sliders as you raise the sliders the loudness will go louder...why does the onkyo feel the need to knock the volume down 20% before you even begin using it , its nuts..i  cant even use the equalizer on it , crazy..

The EQ on all of the ESS based devices have been non usable for me including this Onkyo and Ibasso DX100.  I also have the Cowon S9 and Cowon P1 and their EQ are nothing less of amazing.  I think for ESS EQ, they may be using a subtractive filter where as the other chipsets are using an additive one.  

Jan 31, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #13,434 of 16,326
sorry  i  havent bee replying to each comment correctly,  but i ve replied to all   i  hope ,

look,

its obviously stae of the art in terms of tech , at this time barr the astell kern expensive jobs and serious hi end , but the volume is an issue on a device like this , it doesnt cut it , the battery life will ensalve you to charging duties , its nice ish , but i dont rate it and i think many have missed a trick..or are kidding themselves..it happens when you lay out the money , you let things go , you can kid yourself ,

Jan 31, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #13,437 of 16,326
  haha , sorry dont mean to offend , im sure you take my comments in good humour / faith -  i like classical music too,  john cage satie , feldman etc t i was using liberace to make a point ,

the onkyo is liberace

the fiio is debussy

i am fluent in psychedelic , private press, jap noise , electronic , minimal drone stuff , obscure prog , italian prog etc , industrial , jazz, don cherry , ornette , coltrane etc , folk outsider folk, improv amm, frith zorn zappa beefheart etc etc.. the necks

currently enjoy electronic beats like autechre aphex twin , echospace opal tapes etc..

Yea it was meant as a joke... I actually like Kraftwerk JJCale Imelda May Fleetwood Mac Jean Michelle Jarre to name but a few.
I use easy to drive cans like BW7 AKG702'S and HE400s's. Anything above 135 on the Onkyo would blow my ears in.......And I have 70 year old ears.....

Jan 31, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #13,439 of 16,326
ps ,

ill sell my mint condition onkyo and a onkyo leather case , absolutely mint , 3 hrs use aprox , no  marks at all , boxed paperwork etc..dunno , err , 400 quid ...prob list it on ebay tonightt or tomorrow ,

I'll look out for it - be intersted in what you get as I may sell mine also. Not because I don't like it but I want to upgrade to a dx200....

Jan 31, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #13,440 of 16,326
I'll look out for it - be intersted in what you get as I may sell mine also. Not because I don't like it but I want to upgrade to a dx200....

Do you have the DXX1 or DPX1A?  What offline battery time are you getting?  I am not currently ready to buy.  I am just looking for information to justify purchasing one eventually.

Thank you

Riley

Users who are viewing this thread

Back