ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jan 31, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #13,441 of 16,326
wow , just saw the dx200 , looks great , i would be intrigued to hear about the volume of course as i need volume like oxygen!

the new one from fiio might be good

i may just like the players without all the internet stuff though, not sure yet,

Jan 31, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #13,442 of 16,326
DPX1A,

i havent tested the battery life to that degree , i  just know i  take it off charge , have a little play with it , i click between songs quite a lot , i  may go online a little , listen to a couple of albums , and the battery is halves , if i left it playing offline non stop and didnt touch it perhaps it would give me 12 hrs , but it seems like its depeleting all the time , like an old iphone...

this is unscientific , but ive been living with these devices for years now , and the longevity of the battery is noticable by its basence so to speak... ?

Jan 31, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #13,443 of 16,326
Do you have the DXX1 or DPX1A?  What offline battery time are you getting?  I am not currently ready to buy.  I am just looking for information to justify purchasing one eventually.

Thank you

Riley

Dp-x1. I tend to listen only around an hour at a time max and then turn off. Mainly 24/96 so battery life isn't great prob 5hrs max. People's mileage varies - search the thread!

Jan 31, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #13,444 of 16,326
Dp-x1. I tend to listen only around an hour at a time max and then turn off. Mainly 24/96 so battery life isn't great prob 5hrs max. People's mileage varies - search the thread!

I have been looking through this thread religiously a few times.  I am to the point I am just asking different peoples' points of view that have used one.  My apologies if I frustrated you.

Thank you

Riley

Jan 31, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #13,445 of 16,326
No frustration intended but battery life depends on so many factors. You MAY get Onkyo's claimed 16hrs if you play low res files in audio only mode (all android stuff off) and play through with the screen off.
I play 24/96 almost exclusively and I'm constantly changing tracks, browsing folders with the screen on 90% of the time!

Jan 31, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #13,446 of 16,326
No frustration intended but battery life depends on so many factors. You MAY get Onkyo's claimed 16hrs if you play low res files in audio only mode (all android stuff off) and play through with the screen off.
I play 24/96 almost exclusively and I'm constantly changing tracks, browsing folders with the screen on 90% of the time!

I will only be playing various mp3 bit rates.  I will be only using music mode and leaving not turning on the screen very often.  I do not have any lossles files yet.  I will be turning all functions, features and app off.

Thank you

Riley

Jan 31, 2017 at 7:00 PM Post #13,447 of 16,326
wow , just saw the dx200 , looks great , i would be intrigued to hear about the volume of course as i need volume like oxygen!

the new one from fiio might be good

i may just like the players without all the internet stuff though, not sure yet,

The DX200 is a pretty powerful DAP as it stands but like the x7 Ibasso will be releasing different amp modules in the future. Maybe one will suit your needs.....

(Sorry we are getting OT here)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back