ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jan 26, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #13,231 of 16,326
I have been on the fence about getting the DP-X1 or waiting for the Fiio X5-iii.  Chomping at the bit to replace my lost Pono, I went ahead and ordered my DP-X1.  Could be here as early as tomorrow!  I'm currently going through my flac & DSD collection deciding what will be my first album in the new DAP...

Jan 26, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #13,234 of 16,326
Sorry if someone already ask this question, but I didn't find it.

It is possible to use the DP-X1 as DAC with Mac OS and Windows?

Thanks!

​i'm going to be honest with you, I originally owned the FiiO X7 because I wanted it as a DAC as well for my computer. In my experience, I didn't actually notice a huge difference between the X7 and my computers on-board audio. But that might have been just me.

Jan 26, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #13,235 of 16,326
Beware of Sansung 256GB micro-SD card.
I ordered from Ebay with good price, but the card can never go over 5MB/s xfer rate on USB 3.0 card reader plug in on laptop
running windows 7 64-bits.
And the worst, it gives error and refused to be copied again every time I copied data pass 100GB, and some files are
not readable any more.
After several iteration, I am sending it back for exchange, and cancel other one on order.

Jan 26, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #13,236 of 16,326
If somebody is interested, I have a high quality Balanced cable guaranteed to work with Onkyo DP-X1.

On the other side, TRRS 2.5 mm connectors. Such as for Hifiman HE-400i, but also other phones that use these connectors.

Price: my cost at $69 shipped.

PM me if interested.

Jan 26, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #13,237 of 16,326
  Beware of Sansung 256GB micro-SD card.
I ordered from Ebay with good price, but the card can never go over 5MB/s xfer rate on USB 3.0 card reader plug in on laptop
running windows 7 64-bits.
And the worst, it gives error and refused to be copied again every time I copied data pass 100GB, and some files are
not readable any more.
After several iteration, I am sending it back for exchange, and cancel other one on order.

Probably fake do not buy Sd card on eBay https://www.raymond.cc/blog/test-and-detect-fake-or-counterfeit-usb-flash-drives-bought-from-ebay-with-h2testw/

Jan 27, 2017 at 2:10 AM Post #13,239 of 16,326
For fun, one owner of dpx1a and Sony wm1a did some comparison between the two dap.

On shure se846 & AK t8ie, the difference between dpx1a & wm1a is almost none.

On alo Vega & Xelento, the wm1a wins.

For low resolution files mp3/aac, the dpx1 actually sounds better.

For high resolution files flac/wav/dsd, the wm1a has better imaging, stage.

Jan 27, 2017 at 2:35 AM Post #13,240 of 16,326
For fun, one owner of dpx1a and Sony wm1a did some comparison between the two dap.

On shure se846 & AK t8ie, the difference between dpx1a & wm1a is almost none.

On alo Vega & Xelento, the wm1a wins.

For low resolution files mp3/aac, the dpx1 actually sounds better.

For high resolution files flac/wav/dsd, the wm1a has better imaging, stage.

That is good for me.  All of my music is in mp3.  That is good to know.  My wallet thanks you.  I am glad a $1k plus dap is too much dap for my music files.  Not that I was really in the market for a $1k dap, but reassuring that I will be making the right choice when I do purchase a DPX1/A.

Cheers

Riley

Jan 27, 2017 at 3:21 AM Post #13,241 of 16,326

That is good for me.  All of my music is in mp3.  That is good to know.  My wallet thanks you.  I am glad a $1k plus dap is too much dap for my music files.  Not that I was really in the market for a $1k dap, but reassuring that I will be making the right choice when I do purchase a DPX1/A.

Cheers

Riley

Please keep in mind that, even though stated as fact, the information given only represents an opinion.

Jan 27, 2017 at 3:32 AM Post #13,242 of 16,326

Please keep in mind that, even though stated as fact, the information given only represents an opinion.

Thank you I understand that.  I cannot afford a $1k dap really.  I got a deep discount on my Shure SE846 from Guitar Center for a Black Friday Promo deal and they knocked more off when the shipment kept getting delayed.  I was given a significant amount of cash to me by my grandma as a gift and thank you for all the help I gave her and my grandpa over the years.  It was not work just favors and family duties.  Like driving them places and running errands and such. 

Thank you

Riley

Jan 27, 2017 at 4:16 AM Post #13,243 of 16,326
Onkyo has just released their first smartphone-DAC Granbeat DP-CMX1 with almost identical specs. http://www.jp.onkyo.com/audiovisual/smartphone/granbeat/ . It is on sale in Japan in late February. Since it is in fact DP-X1 with a phone module, what balanced IEMs would you recommend? Or can I use an adapter like this? http://www.norneaudio.com/litzheim/onkyo-dp-x-1-astell-kern-ak240-ak120-ii-ak340-eidolic-hifiman-lh-labs-balanced-trrs-4-pole-converter-ultrashort-adapter
Now I am using the ER4. Many thanks in advance.

Jan 27, 2017 at 8:12 AM Post #13,245 of 16,326
Please, need some help/advice. Can I connect a 4pin xlr male with a female 4 pin female xlr to 2.5mm trrs adapter? Would that work as a balanced cable? I'm having trouble finding an adapter

Do you have a balanced cable? What headphones do you have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back