ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jan 15, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #13,006 of 16,326
  I got my DP-X1 in November and jacks are not loose. I violently moved my 3.5mm jack back and forth to see if it wobbles or becomes loose, but it remained firm.

Thanks for the help!

Jan 15, 2017 at 10:11 PM Post #13,014 of 16,326
So if you buy the X1a from japan, it does have a warranty for 1 year... you just have to sent it back to japan.

Why is there literally nothing online in English for the X1A? this is pretty odd. Even those who have bought it off of Japanese websites have been pretty quiet

Jan 15, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #13,015 of 16,326
  The smartphone is basically a Onkyo DP X1A with 3GB of RAM and 128 gB of on board memory in a slimmer body. Should be a good option as it will come with all features

i wonder if the circuit & wiring for their upcoming smartphone (DP-CMX1) will ever be the same with DP-X1A.  Also, if they will use exactly same components.. That can make the differences, and not only the DACs & AMPs used.

Jan 15, 2017 at 10:36 PM Post #13,016 of 16,326
  So if you buy the X1a from japan, it does have a warranty for 1 year... you just have to sent it back to japan.

Why is there literally nothing online in English for the X1A? this is pretty odd. Even those who have bought it off of Japanese websites have been pretty quiet

Actually, some japanese forums are active with DP-X1A. It's just that this version has not been released officially for international market yet.

Jan 15, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #13,017 of 16,326
Bluelavender , the smartphone would have to have a different internal layout for the radios, plus it will be thicker than other smartphones (Samsung, ZTE,etc) which will give it the distances required to avoid issues. Onkyo for sure will handle that well. Marshall has already sold a phone like this

Jan 15, 2017 at 10:45 PM Post #13,018 of 16,326
Bluelavender , the smartphone would have to have a different internal layout for the radios, plus it will be thicker than other smartphones (Samsung, ZTE,etc) which will give it the distances required to avoid issues. Onkyo for sure will handle that well. Marshall has already sold a phone like this

Thanks... will look forward to this one, when they release it internationally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back