ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jan 15, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #13,024 of 16,326
  I, myself, actually don't worry about it that much.
I bought from China, UK, and now Japan, any where I can get a better price from.
Japanese product has high quality per history.

I would like have the link from where you got it as well.

I'm just hesitant because I have an onkyo receiver, and it's had lots of issues.

Jan 15, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #13,027 of 16,326

I would like have the link from where you got it as well.

I'm just hesitant because I have an onkyo receiver, and it's had lots of issues.

I see, you have bad experience with Onkyo.
I have an Onkyo desk stereo set, its disc player stuck after many years of rare use.
But, I am using its amplifier part to drive my HE1000 some time.

Jan 16, 2017 at 3:52 AM Post #13,030 of 16,326
So if you buy the X1a from japan, it does have a warranty for 1 year... you just have to sent it back to japan.

Why is there literally nothing online in English for the X1A? this is pretty odd. Even those who have bought it off of Japanese websites have been pretty quiet

They are still selling dpx1 on other markets. So dpx1a is currently a Japan special model.

Jan 16, 2017 at 6:50 AM Post #13,033 of 16,326
  What the.... why would they send it west when you're all the way in CA! Funny how that works

Anything I have shipped to me makes it to the Twin Cities, is trucked north right through my town to Duluth, MN (70 miles north of me) and then trucked back down to me. And there's an overnight stop in each city... 
confused.gif
 So much for saving the planet, especially when it might be a $9.00 headphone jack adapter or something. Even when you try to store up purchases and put several items on one ticket, they usually end up being split up into separate shipments.

Oh, and back on topic...I got my X1a from Japan. No problems--very fast! I've gotten headphones and accessories shipped (and once returned and re-shipped) from Tokyo, Seoul and Shanghai. So far no problems, always fast. Returns no hassle. Sometimes it's the only way to go. When you gotta have it, you gotta have it. 
biggrin.gif

[Frantically busting knuckles open as he knocks on wood awaiting a shipment as he speaks.]

Jan 16, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #13,034 of 16,326
  is there anyone who heard both Dpx1a vs xdr300 ?  Just sitting on the fringe confused between the two daps.

I heard both. I'd get the DP-X1A. To my ears DP-X1A > XDP-300R -> DP-X1.

X1A better defined bass (less distortion) on hard to drive cans (HIGH gain) that the other 2, 300R sounds more lively on modern genres than X1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back