ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jul 19, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #10,396 of 16,326

I'm glad it worked for you. For my case the headphone will have no sound on both channels. Usually there will be a notification stating that the headphone is connected but now it's not detecting it anymore. I went to the local store today and they said they will get it replaced in a few days time. Just hoped that it will not have any issues anymore.
beerchug.gif

where did you buy yours and when?

Jul 19, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #10,397 of 16,326
I finally tried my dp x1, first considerations; warm and pleasant sound with my sr225e grado but not much detail as I expected, it will be a matter of burn in?
another curiosity is the power, I thought the amp sebre was more powerful, with my sr225e 32 hom and with maximum gain barely reach a sufficient volume, when you say that the dp able to drive headphones 300hom hope you refer in a balanced because unbalanced power is a little poor, something that I do not know the set up?
thank you.

Jul 19, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #10,398 of 16,326
Sorry i have forgotten the direct download of the apk..

But try download over the google play..

The link as below:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.opi.pioneer.dap_music

Thanks,
Jonathan

Hi, There's an error on google play. "Your device isn't compatible with this version". Downloading thru google play on DP-X1.
How did you install the pioneer music app on DP-X1? Can't find a site for apk download as well.

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:01 PM Post #10,401 of 16,326
Which store you got it from. Mine had volume problem , went to the store and get a 1 to 1 replacement immediately.
got it from Connect IT, they got no stock to replace mine at the moment. I have to wait a few days before they get a unit for me from another outlet. It's a 1 to 1 exchange thankfully.

Jul 19, 2016 at 11:56 PM Post #10,402 of 16,326

Hi, There's an error on google play. "Your device isn't compatible with this version". Downloading thru google play on DP-X1.
How did you install the pioneer music app on DP-X1? Can't find a site for apk download as well.

You may search this thread (about few weeks ago) there is a post contain a link for it.  I have installed pioneer Music on dp-x1. Works fine.

Jul 20, 2016 at 12:01 AM Post #10,404 of 16,326
I think so..but i have not factory format it..

Means you continous play for 10 hours is it bro..??

Mine is max 6 hours continous play DSF 2.8 mhz via mojo..

Thanks,
Jonathan

"6 hours continous play DSF 2.8 mhz via mojo"  this is excellent result I think.  

Jul 20, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #10,406 of 16,326
  I finally tried my dp x1, first considerations; warm and pleasant sound with my sr225e grado but not much detail as I expected, it will be a matter of burn in?
another curiosity is the power, I thought the amp sebre was more powerful, with my sr225e 32 hom and with maximum gain barely reach a sufficient volume, when you say that the dp able to drive headphones 300hom hope you refer in a balanced because unbalanced power is a little poor, something that I do not know the set up?
thank you.

If your unit is HK/Euro version, remember to turn on Variable Line Out , that will give you more power.

Jul 20, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #10,407 of 16,326
got it from Connect IT, they got no stock to replace mine at the moment. I have to wait a few days before they get a unit for me from another outlet. It's a 1 to 1 exchange thankfully.

I got mine from Crutchfield in the US and am having the exact same issues. It's going back this week and I am not sure I even want a replacement due to the size. 

Jul 20, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #10,408 of 16,326
I got mine from Crutchfield in the US and am having the exact same issues. It's going back this week and I am not sure I even want a replacement due to the size. 
how long have you bought it? I didn't mind the size when the SQ fits my needs for now. Comparing it with my Fiio X5 first gen, I can say I have no regrets. I just hope the DP-X1 will last long without any manufacturing issues :D

Jul 20, 2016 at 2:10 AM Post #10,410 of 16,326
Sorry to hear about some folks having quality issues with their X1. One thing I can share with you is that you shouldn't assume jumping to a higher priced DAP will protect you from these types of issues. I was on the AK bandwagon in the past and if all you did was search and replace "Onkyo" with "AK" in this whole thread, I would 100% believe this was about AK. The similarities are so close!

Flawed connectors - AK240SS was infamous for causing a short from the balanced jack on early units. The fix? An insulating washer applied to the cable. Others used scotch tape.

Suspect battery - same problems with several users needing a complete replacement.

Malfunctioning volume wheel - several reports on AK240 and even the latest AK380 to the point people were afraid of using the wheel because it would jump so much in volume.

Distorted sound - much like here, several users having difficulty trying to diagnose what the problem is as no two issues seemed identical.

Clueless support - at least Onkyo responds. AK requires "secret" phone numbers or emails to specific employees to get support. General support line and email go unanswered in my experience. Last email I sent AK asked if I could just buy an extra battery. It's been 2+ years and still no response. I would have left a voicemail (nobody would pick up), except voicemail said it was full. That pretty much was the last straw for me.

I know this doesn't help with folks that have a flawed X1 player, but know that you are not alone. Hope you all find a good resolution soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back