ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jul 19, 2016 at 2:40 AM Post #10,367 of 16,326
  Anyone knows what the "Media" app is for ?
It's the more draining app in my device.
And i must sometimez erase its data in"Storage" because it occupies a lot of space (several GB).

I think Media manages downloads from apps like Spotify, Tidal, Amazon, Google Music, etc. That's why it has large storage use. It's not the app, it's the media files that it's downloading.

It was the 'problem' when I had battery drain, caused by a Spotify download failing due to running out of storage space. Despite there being no space it appeared to keep retrying the download causing battery drain. I had to reinstall the Spotify app to fix it.

Jul 19, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #10,369 of 16,326

I think Media manages downloads from apps like Spotify, Tidal, Amazon, Google Music, etc. That's why it has large storage use. It's not the app, it's the media files that it's downloading.

It was the 'problem' when I had battery drain, caused by a Spotify download failing due to running out of storage space. Despite there being no space it appeared to keep retrying the download causing battery drain. I had to reinstall the Spotify app to fix it.

Thanks. But i don't use streaming and never did, i only listen to my library on SD, in airplane mode or stand alone mode.
And i disabled Auto Sync in Music app because there's no change in the content of SDs (128 and 200 GB, about 10K songs).

When local storage space is full because of "multimedia storage", the Music app don't even start.
When i erase all data of "multimedia storage", then Music works OK.

And "Media" drains the battery at the same rate than Music.

Jul 19, 2016 at 3:58 AM Post #10,370 of 16,326
  Thanks. But i don't use streaming and never did, i only listen to my library on SD, in airplane mode or stand alone mode.
And i disabled Auto Sync in Music app because there's no change in the content of SDs (128 and 200 GB, about 10K songs).

When local storage space is full because of "multimedia storage", the Music app don't even start.
When i erase all data of "multimedia storage", then Music works OK.

And "Media" drains the battery at the same rate than Music.

Interesting ... hopefully someone knows more about exactly what Media does and can comment.

When listening to stored music on mine, Media never features in the list of battery power consumers, it's only there when I've been downloading stuff.

Jul 19, 2016 at 5:50 AM Post #10,371 of 16,326
As much as i love the DAP, i am now having issues with the 3.5mm headphone jack. My headphones keeps disconnecting with the slightest touch every single time. Does anyone have this issue?

Jul 19, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #10,372 of 16,326
Hi guys,

My experience with the dpx1 so far.

Have it 1 month+..

The dpx1 consume most battery with the default onkyo HD player..

Playing through pioneer player save double the battery.

The best battery saving apps will be play all your songs through the foobar.

Mine initially worst.
Only 2 hour max via onkyo player.

Then use the pioneer player.
It last up to 4 -5 hours ( using Can)
Using iem, can last 6-7 hour at aeroplane mode ans volume max 125.

Lastly using the foobar last me 7-8 hours with iem.

It still not giving me satisfaction of 16 hours. But i wont sell it as i really love this player..
Awaitinf update or maybe rooting it will increase the efficiency of thr devices using battery.

My humble opinion.

Thanks,
Jonatahn

Jul 19, 2016 at 7:36 AM Post #10,373 of 16,326
  As much as i love the DAP, i am now having issues with the 3.5mm headphone jack. My headphones keeps disconnecting with the slightest touch every single time. Does anyone have this issue?

I had this issue with 2,5mm jack. If disconnecting left ear speaker - just push gently forward with needle gold plated contact on the left side deep inside socket. Turn off device beforehand. Hope, it will help. If no - repair (or return).

Jul 19, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #10,379 of 16,326

I had this issue with 2,5mm jack. If disconnecting left ear speaker - just push gently forward with needle gold plated contact on the left side deep inside socket. Turn off device beforehand. Hope, it will help. If no - repair (or return).

I'm glad it worked for you. For my case the headphone will have no sound on both channels. Usually there will be a notification stating that the headphone is connected but now it's not detecting it anymore. I went to the local store today and they said they will get it replaced in a few days time. Just hoped that it will not have any issues anymore.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back