ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Nov 1, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #842 of 16,326
MOJO is not even an option for me. I don't want to carry a stack, and I prefer a standalone DAP. I don't think MOJO will impact the sales of daps too much.

The amount they are selling to Head-Fi members alone must impact? Funny, things turning round in circles. When I first started reading Head-Fi I could never see need for a stack. Then I heard Hugo and bought. Admittedly not for moving with. Then I became interested in single DAPs mobility again. Then heard Mojo!

Nov 1, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #845 of 16,326
Had PHA 3 (loved it) have an E12, never going to stack for portable again, just a huge pain in the ass. The most annoying things is that connector cables ALWAYS develop shorts in them and I'm sick of that. A DAP with 300Mw output would take care of 90% of users I will bet. It won't be long until the smartphone takes over, but that is a few years away yet still. Until then we need decent DAPs and the DP-X1 sounds like a great DAP.

Nov 1, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #846 of 16,326
The amount they are selling to Head-Fi members alone must impact? Funny, things turning round in circles. When I first started reading Head-Fi I could never see need for a stack. Then I heard Hugo and bought. Admittedly not for moving with. Then I became interested in single DAPs mobility again. Then heard Mojo!

True,but how many of those people with MOJO are just using a phone? I don't want a brick as a phone, or to turn airplane mode on. I can deal with a stack, but not using my phone for one. I don't care how good it may sound.

Nov 1, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #847 of 16,326
True,but how many of those people with MOJO are just using a phone? I don't want a brick as a phone, or to turn airplane mode on. I can deal with a stack, but not using my phone for one. I don't care how good it may sound.

Majority on thread using DAPs, in fact there seems to be a second hand AK buying spree, from people who said they wouldn't touch them. Mind you early model prices much less. I agree if I was using out and about, single units getting better and better. I'm using almost solo home, so stack now a nice option. Horses for courses.

Nov 1, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #849 of 16,326
Sure, a stack for home use is fine, but when I use the term portable I don't mean in my home, but I guess many people do, or they mean small enough to take to work. In my vernacular portable is my pocket and on a bus commuting to work, hence no stack.

Nov 1, 2015 at 7:06 PM Post #850 of 16,326
Not a lot of headphones have 2.5mm connectors so actually taking advantage of the TRRS may be a challenge, certainly for portable headphones. That is a bummer. Haven't found a single headphone yet that features 2.5mm TRRS stock.

Nov 1, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #851 of 16,326
-

Nov 1, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #852 of 16,326
Nov 1, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #853 of 16,326
-

Nov 1, 2015 at 8:06 PM Post #854 of 16,326
opinion from experience.

if you have knowledge of a product that is competitive with the mojo at its price then i beg of you to share with us! Also lets keep mojo discussion on the mojo thread lets keep the DP-X1 thread on track.
wink_face.gif

Nov 1, 2015 at 8:13 PM Post #855 of 16,326
Any idea if this will be available in USA or do I have to buy from a place like pricejapan?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back