ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Apr 24, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #7,621 of 16,326
Has anyone listened to the DP-X1 directly vs the Mojo using any IEMs and what were the differences?

Thinking of going either Mojo + iPhone 6 or the DP-X1 for my Solars/K10s but can't go for both right now.

I'm also 99% tidal and having to put my iPhone in airplane mode to remove interference is a bit annoying

In a first couple weeks I thought Mojo+'Ak100mk2+ IE800 were my favorite portable system. Now after awhile DP-X1+ SE535 with impact audio cables were my best SQ portable system.

Apr 25, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #7,624 of 16,326
The other day I was subtlety asking if anyone is having issues with Tidal dropping out occasionally and if it was a fw issue with the player. Does anyone else have this problem and is there a fix? I have read a few posts from before but could not find a solution.

I have been using tidal on dp-x1 most the time. I think this issue is network related. Most the time, i put tidal to offline mode and problem solved. As streaming service is mostly network depending.

Apr 25, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #7,626 of 16,326
Just pulled the trigger on one of these through pricejapan...

Do you know if the DP-X1 is also available from European dealers ? 

If not, does the DP-X1 shipped by PriceJapan also include English language... ?  

Apr 25, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #7,628 of 16,326

As far as I know it's not available from European dealers at the moment - just the pioneer dap. The Japanese version does have an English language option since it is android based though so I don't forsee any problems.

Apr 25, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #7,629 of 16,326
As far as I know it's not available from European dealers at the moment - just the pioneer dap. The Japanese version does have an English language option since it is android based though so I don't forsee any problems.

Hope you will enjoy your new toy.  

Let us know if this Japanese version is OK for European/English users.

Apr 25, 2016 at 4:28 PM Post #7,631 of 16,326

Mine's from PriceJapan (Kaneda san), set to English from start without any issues. If you want I can take screenshots but trust me, it works just great. And the customs fee I had to pay in Belgium were minimal :wink:
If by chance I see you at CJ London again, you're more than welcome to try it

edit: I had paid 600eur all incl at the time. I doubt it would be possible to get it at that price in Europe. And to be honest I wouldn't even want to risk it being hammered by volume cap

Apr 25, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #7,632 of 16,326

Mine's from PriceJapan (Kaneda san), set to English from start without any issues. If you want I can take screenshots but trust me, it works just great. And the customs fee I had to pay in Belgium were minimal :wink:
If by chance I see you at CJ London again, you're more than welcome to try it

edit: I had paid 600eur all incl at the time. I doubt it would be possible to get it at that price in Europe. And to be honest I wouldn't even want to risk it being hammered by volume cap

Thanks.

I will definitively go to CanJan London Again :wink:       

also go in 10 days to MUNICH's High-End show. Any chance that you go there also ? 

Apr 25, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #7,633 of 16,326
I have been using tidal on dp-x1 most the time. I think this issue is network related. Most the time, i put tidal to offline mode and problem solved. As streaming service is mostly network depending.

Thanks for the answer but mine does it on "offline" mode as well. It is not to big of an issue as it does it very sparingly. On another note Im really likening the sound of this. Very good player in all aspects from operating system to navigation and everything in between.

Apr 25, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #7,634 of 16,326

I've been using my PriceJapan purchased DP-X1 since January

When setting up for the 1st time as per any Android device it will ask you to confirm the choice of Language on the very 1st screen.

I am in the UK

L3000.gif

Apr 25, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #7,635 of 16,326
I've been using my PriceJapan purchased DP-X1 since January

When setting up for the 1st time as per any Android device it will ask you to confirm the choice of Language on the very 1st screen.

I am in the UK

:L3000:

I am also in the UK and am patiently awaiting UK release but am not hopeful of this happening in the short term. (Avanced mp3 players tell me they will not be stocking it).
I know this is an awkward question but import duty etc with pricejapan?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back