ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Oct 20, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #661 of 16,328
  i will of course buy the onkyo dap

but i am in the market for a new phone, but non check all the boxes i want

1- htc m9 plus small screen i want at least 5.5 inch
2- htc a9 well small screen
3- galaxy edge plus dam its so beautiful but no sd card can you believe how stupid this is
4- lg v10 i do not like its looks
5- iphone 6s plus out of question i had iphones so long i got bored of owning iphones

whats left is the sony xperia z5 premium i think i will buy this phone as it checks all boxes but i am not too convinced

Xperia Z5 premium?

Oct 20, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #662 of 16,328
  i will of course buy the onkyo dap

but i am in the market for a new phone, but non check all the boxes i want

1- htc m9 plus small screen i want at least 5.5 inch
2- htc a9 well small screen
3- galaxy edge plus dam its so beautiful but no sd card can you believe how stupid this is
4- lg v10 i do not like its looks
5- iphone 6s plus out of question i had iphones so long i got bored of owning iphones

whats left is the sony xperia z5 premium i think i will buy this phone as it checks all boxes but i am not too convinced

Meizu Pro 5 if you are looking to get a flagship. It even has a line out option 
http://www.meizu.com/en/products/pro5/summary.html

Midrange wise the ZTE Axon Elite also has great audio capabilities, just not all the flagship bells and whistles.

Oct 20, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #663 of 16,328
Oct 20, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #665 of 16,328
 VS

Oct 20, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #667 of 16,328
You need to hear it first then numbers :)

Oct 20, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #668 of 16,328
just thinking out loud

now we have big mobile companies starting to include good dacs in their phones

1- sony z5 premium that can play dsd even
2- lg v10 

is that a sign that they started to catch up on the need for high res players to be integrated into their phones

if yes could this be a threat to dap manufacturers

especially those companies have deep pockets and can do anything within a good price

Oct 20, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #669 of 16,328
Yes we can :)

DP-X1 built-in 32GB capacity, minus "Android" system interface and pre-loaded applications, there are still about 25GB capacity for users to store music files and other multimedia information.
See more at: http://www.e-zone.com.hk/channelnews.php?id=9477#sthash.7u4JTc6i.dpuf

Oct 20, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #673 of 16,328
  Marshall's tube amp are rather good but their transistors one and their headphones aren't so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

e/ The french version of digitalversus has a review about it http://www.lesnumeriques.com/telephone-portable/test-labo-marshall-london-plus-smartphone-que-baladeur-audio-n45939.html
TL;DR : Meizu MX4 audio is better

Me either...I thought the Marshall headphones are bad. An amp company does not translate to a good cellphone manufacturer. The LG V10 on the other hand has a main selling point of their music quality through the headphone jack, I guess we will see.

Oct 20, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #674 of 16,328
  Me either...I thought the Marshall headphones are bad. An amp company does not translate to a good cellphone manufacturer. The LG V10 on the other hand has a main selling point of their music quality through the headphone jack, I guess we will see.

Yeah I've listened to some Marshall Monitors and was very, very underwhelmed.

Correction:  It was the Marshall MAJOR headphones.  And yeah they sounded like crap with actual music.  Lol.

Oct 21, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #675 of 16,328
Anybody familiar with in-store policy of Japan? I'm totally set on getting this but I can't preorder so my best hope of getting one is by having my parents buy it at Yodobashi and it said preorder.

EDIT: Nevermind, I finally got to talked to two of my friends who had stayed in Japan for quite a time, they both said they should have some stocks in the store in case of impulse buying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back