ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jan 20, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #4,022 of 16,326
Jan 20, 2016 at 11:56 PM Post #4,023 of 16,326
How many people have the DP=X1 logo on their DAP in yellow lettering as the picture a few posts up has? Mine is just the etched surface of the case, no colour. I'm sure there are production run differences and I would be curious to know if anything beyond this differs.

Jan 20, 2016 at 11:58 PM Post #4,024 of 16,326
  How many people have the DP=X1 logo on their DAP in yellow lettering as the picture a few posts up has? Mine is just the etched surface of the case, no colour. I'm sure there are production run differences and I would be curious to know if anything beyond this differs.

Mine is yellow.

Jan 21, 2016 at 1:33 AM Post #4,030 of 16,326
  Im thinking of getting the Sony XBA-Z5 to replace my StageDiver SD-3's...
Will this balanced cable work with the Onkyo?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1080982-REG/sony_mucm20bl1_muc_m20bl1_balanced_audio_cable.html

The Z5 has MMCX connector, you have a wide range of choice :)

Jan 21, 2016 at 1:58 AM Post #4,031 of 16,326

Mine is like yours, curious did you order with Fast Shipping, PriceJapan buys retail when doing so might explain why we have "earlier" generation.
Is there any correlation with socket issue or do Yellow etched unit have it too ?

Jan 21, 2016 at 2:34 AM Post #4,032 of 16,326

Mine is like yours, curious did you order with Fast Shipping, PriceJapan buys retail when doing so might explain why we have "earlier" generation.
Is there any correlation with socket issue or do Yellow etched unit have it too ?

Is there much difference in sq between the onkyo and pioneer players?how much more power in se do you think there is?And can you compare build quality and ui between he two players?
cheers.

Jan 21, 2016 at 2:49 AM Post #4,033 of 16,326
Is there much difference in sq between the onkyo and pioneer players?how much more power in se do you think there is?And can you compare build quality and ui between he two players?
cheers.

Keep in mind my comparison is bound to be unfair as the XDP-100 was a EU unit and the DP-X1 is a JP unit. Single ended, with the same IEM (S-EM9) I needed 120/130 volume on high gain and with the DP-X1 I need only 90/100 on normal gain. I believe XDP-100 non EU unit should be as loud as DP-X1 unless you run them balanced in BTL which gives you 2x the power.

Now some have already posted this, they are tuned a bit differently the Onkyo is smoother and warmer sounding while the Pioneer is sharper and neutral (I did find a bit of harshness sometimes). The Onkyo fits my taste better. YMMV.

Build quality is quite similar but I find the shape of the Pioneer has less sharp edges, also buttons are bigger I prefer it over the Onkyo. The volume wheel has a tad better feel on the Pioneer too, less rough. I like the Pioneer UI better (we're talking Music app, the rest is similar). I didn't notice any issue with the jack socket on Pioneer while Onkyo has really not done a good job here :-\

Jan 21, 2016 at 2:50 AM Post #4,034 of 16,326
I found this $2 SGD case in Daiso Singapore that fits nicely with the DP-X1.

semi Hard case is good too...

Jan 21, 2016 at 4:01 AM Post #4,035 of 16,326
Is that any alternative way/software to transfer the music files to DP-X1?
Now we have the Onkyo X-DAP Link, which is rather poor...

I mean - I would like to have the files also organized by "Composer".
Not only by the fields /"Title", "Artist", "Album", "Genre", "Format"/.

Possible to add other fields?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back