ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jan 21, 2016 at 4:04 AM Post #4,036 of 16,326
  Is that any alternative way/software to transfer the music files to DP-X1?
Now we have the Onkyo X-DAP Link, which is rather poor...

I mean - I would like to have the files also organized by "Composer".
Not only by the fields /"Title", "Artist", "Album", "Genre", "Format"/.

Possible to add other fields?

You can use Sony's Media Go software.

Jan 21, 2016 at 5:11 AM Post #4,040 of 16,326
Slow filter, ACG if you don't need the extra power as it becomes the same output as SE, but you know that I'm sure. Has anybody bothered with the Lock Range? I've just left it on normal as without any explanation of what it actually does it is hard to feel the urge to experiment. What the hell, I'll mess around with it.

Lol have you found and messed around with the lock range adjustments yet ? yeah, I found that I prefer ACG more than balanced :D. This explained why I loved Zx2 TRRS too much lol....but all of these options are crazy. Yeah, having too many options is not a good thing ...

Jan 21, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #4,042 of 16,326
If i am not considering going balanced, should i get the Pioneer XDP-100R instead of the Onkyo DP-X1? Or will the DP-X1 be a better investment in the long run?

Dp-x1 is a better investment in the long run. Why ? Because it has balanced out or actively controlled grounds at your disposal (whenever you want, feel like). It is always good to have more than less.

Jan 21, 2016 at 5:46 AM Post #4,043 of 16,326
but all of these options are crazy. Yeah, having too many options is not a good thing ...

Too many options is a good thing 
evil_smiley.gif
 Lock Range Adjust is actually a really cool feature, it refers to the adjustment of the PLL (Phase Locked Loop, every dap has one) which is composed of the crystal oscillator (aka clock) timing the digital signal (aka I2S) to the DAC for conversion to analog. So the Lock Range Adjust is letting you change a parameter for the timing of the digital signal to the dac, which creates differing sound, no setting is better than the other, it is completely personal preference. It is not a gimmicky software feature as it does not degrade the SQ, it is a parameter adjustment in the digital stage which interacts directly with the PLL which gives us a degree of control over the digital stage of the dap, probably wasn't easy for Onkyo to implement! No other dap has implemented this feature, so kudos to Onkyo for innovation.

Jan 21, 2016 at 5:53 AM Post #4,044 of 16,326
Too many options is a good thing :evil:  Lock Range Adjust is actually a really cool feature, it refers to the adjustment of the PLL (Phase Locked Loop, every dap has one) which is composed of the crystal oscillator (aka clock) timing the digital signal (aka I2S) to the DAC for conversion to analog. So the Lock Range Adjust is letting you change a parameter for the timing of the digital signal to the dac, which creates differing sound, no setting is better than the other, it is completely personal preference. It is not a gimmicky software feature as it does not degrade the SQ, it is a parameter adjustment in the digital stage which interacts directly with the PLL which gives us a degree of control over the digital stage of the dap, probably wasn't easy for Onkyo to implement! No other dap has implemented this feature, so kudos to Onkyo for innovation.

Yeah, you are correct :) I meant not a good thing when trying to find my preferences lol....like a kid being thrown into a chocolate factory X_X

Jan 21, 2016 at 6:03 AM Post #4,045 of 16,326
  O.K. Will try the Sony soft...

P.S. What is the max. file name length allowed?
Because I receive <copy failed> error.
Maybe the file name length is the problem?

It's FAT32 format so probably safe to assume 255.

Jan 21, 2016 at 7:24 AM Post #4,046 of 16,326

Part

O.K. looked for solution of that problem - I've installed on Windows software named: "Delimon Win32 Explorer".
Then mount the sd card in DP-X1, remove it and insert it in plain USB card reader.

Start "Delimon Win32 Explorer" and copy/past music files/folders from PC to sd card.

"Delimon Win32 Explorer" - is software under Windows allowing operating on long names of files or long paths... 

Maybe someone have better solution?

Jan 21, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #4,047 of 16,326

... No other dap has implemented this feature, so kudos to Onkyo for innovation.

My issue is that without some information in terms of SQ changes you can expect from the adjustment, i.e. going narrow makes bass response more accurate (I have no idea if it does) there is no point to the feature at all. How many people know what on earth adjusting the clock will do in this manner, and I doubt it makes any audible difference at all so if that is the case, isn't it simply a wasted amount of software engineering better spent say providing folder browsing? And if it is worthwhile surely the hell you need to provide some basic information on how a customer can benefit from it.

Jan 21, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #4,048 of 16,326
My issue is that without some information in terms of SQ changes you can expect from the adjustment, i.e. going narrow makes bass response more accurate (I have no idea if it does) there is no point to the feature at all. How many people know what on earth adjusting the clock will do in this manner, and I doubt it makes any audible difference at all so if that is the case, isn't it simply a wasted amount of software engineering better spent say providing folder browsing? And if it is worthwhile surely the hell you need to provide some basic information on how a customer can benefit from it.

Lol....well said. Yeah it is a matter of control and accuracy here, but what do we like ?

Jan 21, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #4,050 of 16,326
Does anyone know if they will plan to update the stock player with folder browsing soon? or if there is anyways to contact them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back