ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Dec 19, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #2,251 of 16,326
Is anyone else finding it takes a couple days for their Japan Post tracking number to show up? PriceJapan said they were mailing mine out on Thursday the 17th and when I put the tracking number in Japan Post nothing comes up...

Dec 19, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #2,252 of 16,326
Can anyone try "Neutron Music Player" for the DP-X1?

The description on the android store is as such:

Also, has anyone gotten news on whether it would use both Sabre DACs in single ended mode?

I have a friend who tried it, not sure if his nick name here is @earfonia, and found that there is a little distortion when it played some tracks as compared to the stock app.

He checked with developer and the developer says that they are unable to fix this issue as they do not have direct access to the chip in the onkyo.

Dec 19, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #2,255 of 16,326
I have a friend who tried it, not sure if his nick name here is @earfonia, and found that there is a little distortion when it played some tracks as compared to the stock app.

He checked with developer and the developer says that they are unable to fix this issue as they do not have direct access to the chip in the onkyo.

That's correct. The app I tried is UAPP. UAPP developer said he cannot fix the distortion. At least for now, we seem to stuck with stock player. So far, other than stock player, all player I tried, Google Music, UAPP, and PowerAmp, have some distortion in playback.
Try this track:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2Mi2rrmALKFaXB0cjBCc0FqVXc/view?usp=sharing

Compare stock player and other player, playing that track. 

This is the recorded output of UAPP and Onkyo DP-X1 for those who want to listen the distortion:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2Mi2rrmALKFdzAxVGpscHhWc1U&usp=sharing

Dec 19, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #2,257 of 16,326

That's correct. The app I tried is UAPP. UAPP developer said he cannot fix the distortion. At least for now, we seem to stuck with stock player. So far, other than stock player, all player I tried, Google Music, UAPP, and PowerAmp, have some distortion in playback.
Try this track:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2Mi2rrmALKFaXB0cjBCc0FqVXc/view?usp=sharing

Compare stock player and other player, playing that track. 

This is the recorded output of UAPP and Onkyo DP-X1 for those who want to listen the distortion:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2Mi2rrmALKFdzAxVGpscHhWc1U&usp=sharing

Can you try GoneMad music player? It allows sorting by Album Artist and Folder Browsing. There are a couple tweeks you can try to see if you can get it to access the Onkyo chip. See my post here.

Dec 19, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #2,258 of 16,326

There is following setting that you should try: Open the default music player app (green triangle symbol), select the settings menu here (three dots under the clock top right). Here select "settings". You will see options for HD Library Sync, by default it is set to Automatic. You can start sync manually, or select / deselect folders for syncing.

Also, I have uploaded the Onkyo Manual here, not sure how many downloads wetransfer will allow before closing the link in a week or so... Unfortunately I have no authorisation to attach docs here, does anyone know how to get this?

https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads/ccda20f391e1221a57331b75842b0d3c20151219075259/aaffa82991fc6591a755a733c4526b8320151219075259/62ba6e

One more learning point for fellow users: When listening to high resolution files, don't use the Lock Range Adjustment's most narrow setting, otherwise you will hear irregular  interruptions / blips when listening. I went though hours of reformatting / swapping sd cards and so on, after I realised that the issue was that setting..

Thank you. This is very helpful

Dec 19, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #2,259 of 16,326
It's finally here in the flesh! And no joke, I didn't have to pay for customs. Mailman came by, only asked for a signature and that was it.

I dunno what price BuySmartJapan claimed the DP-X1 before shipping but thanks to them I didn't have to pay extra.

Anyway I'll post more as I mess around with this.

Dec 19, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #2,260 of 16,326
It's finally here in the flesh! And no joke, I didn't have to pay for customs. Mailman came by, only asked for a signature and that was it.

I dunno what price BuySmartJapan claimed the DP-X1 before shipping but thanks to them I didn't have to pay extra.

Anyway I'll post more as I mess around with this.

Congratulations! 

Dec 19, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #2,263 of 16,326
If it's sold out then at least I might be able to console myself with a few more reviews as people that have them start to post a few more impressions on this site and elsewhere making the wait a bit more bearable! :triportsad:

Dec 19, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #2,264 of 16,326
I pre-ordered my DP-X1 from PriceJapan on Oct 24 and have heard nothing since and have e-mailed them with no response.....i was hoping to get it before Christmas but don't hold out much hope.

How weird. IIRC @FidelityCastro who ordered it in the same day as you already got his unit. Maybe he has a good luck or something waybe wrong with Pricejapan order list.

Dec 19, 2015 at 11:11 PM Post #2,265 of 16,326
I pre-ordered my DP-X1 from PriceJapan on Oct 24 and have heard nothing since and have e-mailed them with no response.....i was hoping to get it before Christmas but don't hold out much hope.

How weird. IIRC @FidelityCastro who ordered it in the same day as you already got his unit. Maybe he has a good luck or something waybe wrong with Pricejapan order list.

Good memory. I ordered Oct 24.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back