ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Dec 17, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #2,206 of 16,326
I feel those with X7 are most lucky ones. Full supports from company on daily basic. 

Dec 17, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #2,208 of 16,326
  yeah i have the fiio e18 as well, its been ages since i listened to it, maybe i should revisit 

i did not get what u meant about mk'3 drop off below 100hz, and to be honest the bass boost in alo mk3 is not that prominent either which was a big turn off to me when i got it, man sometimes reviews can be so misleading

I am now only enjoying iems with my mojo,

and i have obselete devices liying aorund me: alo mk3 B, ifi dsd micro, fiio e18, venturecraft go dap x, denon da-10, fiio e11 >>> imagine i bought all those just to get the dam lcd2 sound good, and non are making any difference to be honest, had i bought another headphone i would have saved alot of money. The problem is where i live no one buys such headphones as here people only know beats so its difficult to sell the lcd2. 

I was talking about the e18 paired with my Fostex mk3 headphones. The e18's bass boost was too powerful for most of my headphones except the Fostex where it fills out the mid-range as well as the low-end; a much fuller sound. Can be borderline bassy at times but a suprising combo.

no album art? that is a deal breaker for me. since it's android, can't you just use another player that does show album art?

Odds are the other app won't be able to use the Sabre chips like the stock player.

Dec 17, 2015 at 6:56 PM Post #2,209 of 16,326

Odds are the other app won't be able to use the Sabre chips like the stock player.

Not to mention, the stock player does show album art with one tap. Not ideal, but it is there. The Onkyo is still on my radar.

Dec 17, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #2,210 of 16,326
@gearofwar 

Japanese;
- Build stuff with great hardware
- Good build quality
- Software that works* with caveats that doesn't affect the function much but get little support and feedback unless it's from manufacturer's side

*it just works but, that's it no extra frills.

Chinese
- Hit or miss
- Sometimes questionable build quality
- Software that works but is really clunky but the devs are taking feedback constantly

Really? Almost 3 weeks using this and I tried several different players, the SQ is not that much different other than native software enhancement that only works with stock player, I don't think there's an integrated qualcomm DAC. All processing must go through the Sabre DAC, the question is whether the apps can utilize it properly or not.

Dec 17, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #2,211 of 16,326
  @gearofwar 

Japanese;
- Build stuff with great hardware
- Good build quality
- Software that works* with caveats that doesn't affect the function much but get little support and feedback unless it's from manufacturer's side

*it just works but, that's it no extra frills.

Chinese
- Hit or miss
- Sometimes questionable build quality
- Software that works but is really clunky but the devs are taking feedback constantly

Really? Almost 3 weeks using this and I tried several different players, the SQ is not that much different other than native software enhancement that only works with stock player, I don't think there's an integrated qualcomm DAC. All processing must go through the Sabre DAC, the question is whether the apps can utilize it properly or not.

I don't think what iBasso and Fiio have doing for years were having any misses at all.

Dec 17, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #2,212 of 16,326
Nah, I'm not just talking about Fiio and iBasso but I do feel kinda turned off by how their device work sometimes but they do sound good. Cayin and Questyle are the biggest offender for me, I find it hard to turn Cayin's N5 wheel and I can't even get the QP1R wheel to rotate because my skin is too "smooth" or something and not to mention the software of both device are kinda meh.

Dec 17, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #2,214 of 16,326

Album art is 1 tap away from main player screen, it's quite unintiutive that I found out about it after days owning it. Whether this counts or not is up to your opinions. 

Dec 17, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #2,216 of 16,326
I don't know why are you doing here anyways...if you love ZX2 so much, no one is stopping you. Onkyo > ZX2 - its a fact. Period. The balance output of Onkyo is on the same lvl of Mojo 

That's a pretty bold statement. Perhaps subjectively and personal preference, but no where close technically. Mojo out performs the DP-X1.

Dec 17, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #2,217 of 16,326
That's a pretty bold statement. Perhaps subjectively and personal preference, but no where close technically. Mojo out performs the DP-X1.

So Have you managed to compare both of them?

Dec 17, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #2,218 of 16,326
So Have you managed to compare both of them?

Nope. Just knowing the driving capabilities of both, the very different headphone out implementations, the vast differences in the DACs, and the RMAA measurements it's a fact. Like I said, on a technical level. Don't let me stop anyone from enjoying either one.

Dec 17, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #2,219 of 16,326
Mojo is a tank, it can drive many high impedance or planar cans easily. In my opinion, onkyo and mojo stands on different side of spectrums, I've tried both and I prefer onkyo solely because I don't like how the sound stage is represented in mojo. It comes down to preference at this level I think, both do good at its respective characteristics. 1 more thing is that Mojo requires a transport to work and Onkyo is a DAP so it's probably not really a good comparison.

Dec 17, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #2,220 of 16,326
Nope. Just knowing the driving capabilities of both, the very different headphone out implementations, the vast differences in the DACs, and the RMAA measurements it's a fact. Like I said, on a technical level. Don't let me stop anyone from enjoying either one.

Rudi, a head-fi member who has owned many AK and Chord Products confirmed that Onkyo's Balance output is on lvl of Mojo but having different sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back