ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Dec 17, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #2,192 of 16,326
  I don't know why a ZX2 fanboy is doing here anyways...if you love ZX2 so much, no one is stopping you. Onkyo > ZX2 - its a fact. Period. The balance output of Onkyo is on the same lvl of Mojo 

He was only clarifying info about the ZX2 after someone incorrectly said it had a digital amp.

Think we all agree the Onkyo (with more power and balanced) is preferred but its good to know the correct details about what else is out there.

Dec 17, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #2,193 of 16,326
to my ears there already are handful of DAP that surpass ZX2 in terms of SQ (don't like Sony sound i guess).
it's all about the preference.

Very true :D. All about preferences

He was only clarifying info about the ZX2 after someone incorrectly said it had a digital amp.

Think we all agree the Onkyo (with more power and balanced) is preferred but its good to know the correct details about what else is out there.

Thank you ! At least someone see my points, and yes I agree that Onkyo has good power output :D.

Dec 17, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #2,194 of 16,326

I'm not stating something without facts or anything. The one who said it uses Analog simply doesn't know anything about it

Dec 17, 2015 at 1:38 PM Post #2,195 of 16,326
You have to understand sir....digital amp...it is a vast "word". Without digital processing, how could anything convert from 1000110000 to anything else ? Movie, pictures, music ? Sony said it processing and amplification process (digital amp) is the S-master HX technology...which is a class D amplification circuitry....which is in term PWM and analog amplification process...which utilizes 7 capacitors and a super capacitor.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class-D_amplifier

Show me any pure Class D amplifier that is not analog.....

What is your proof that digital-amplification doesn't have the power ? Onkyo DP-X11 is more digital because it is using DAC chip and Op-amp instead of clocking mechanism of pulse width modulations. But I am done here...yeah, I know nothing. Enjoy your Onkyo Dp-x1

Dec 17, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #2,196 of 16,326

I'm not stating something without facts or anything. The one who said it uses Analog simply doesn't know anything about it

Good post. I stand corrected: your original statement was not wrong.

@Whitigir never said the ZX2's amp was not digital (as I did). He just defined what class D meant.

Still don't know why he gets called a fanboy for adding more info to the conversation. Some people still haven't decided between the ZX2 and DP-X1 so the info is relevant.

Dec 17, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #2,197 of 16,326

Good post. I stand corrected: your original statement was not wrong.

@Whitigir never said the ZX2's amp was not digital (as I did). He just defined what class D meant.

Still don't know why he gets called a fanboy for adding more info to the conversation. Some people still haven't decided between the ZX2 and DP-X1 so the info is relevant.

My bad

Dec 17, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #2,198 of 16,326
If you are looking for something surpassing zx2, there are QP1R , its SE beats Onkyo SE. Even Fiio X7 surpasses ZX2 in term of features alone 

Yeah, well...honestly. I am looking for the most from my music is the tonal body. Anything that is higher-end to me...it gotta have the more accurate tonal body density....and as following all the newest devices and such...I think the only thing that would satisfy me is either the Mojo...Hugo...or just wait for ZX3. Now, portability is what I want, and as Chord has no plan to release any portable devices....I think I have to just wait for ZX3. I hoped for a moment that Onkyo would bring something to the tables as they are and had been very good in "large-home systems". By some other impressions and my needs, I wouldn't sacrifice this "tonal density accuracy from zx2 for more power from DP-x1" just YET! I still love to see more impressions, and would love to audition 1 to really compare these 2.

None the less, it is good that there are more options for us all to enjoy music. On top of that, even smart phones are going to have better built in audio quality components as well, and starting with LG-V10.

The future is bright !

Dec 17, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #2,199 of 16,326
Yeah, well...honestly. I am looking for the most from my music is the tonal body. Anything that is higher-end to me...it gotta have the more accurate tonal body density....and as following all the newest devices and such...I think the only thing that would satisfy me is either the Mojo...Hugo...or just wait for ZX3. Now, portability is what I want, and as Chord has no plan to release any portable devices....I think I have to just wait for ZX3. I hoped for a moment that Onkyo would bring something to the tables as they are and had been very good in "large-home systems". By some other impressions and my needs, I wouldn't sacrifice this "tonal density accuracy from zx2 for more power from DP-x1" just YET! I still love to see more impressions, and would love to audition 1 to really compare these 2.

None the less, it is good that there are more options for us all to enjoy music. On top of that, even smart phones are going to have better built in audio quality components as well, and starting with LG-V10.

The future is bright !

i think i am agreeing with you, as to me i learned its not about how loud a dap is compared to another, i think its the tonal body and fullness and richness of the sound and layering, that is more important than a how loud dap is, especially if it is loud but lacks dynamics and richness

until now i did not read anyone really giving the onkyo the wow factor i thought it would get

so i am not considering it anymore, also i got the mojo so it will be so difficult for any dap to get close to what i hear from that tiny device, and i have the lg v10 as well so i am good for now, i will only spend on something that is first worth every penny , and that is not inflated in price like some crazy dap prices we see in other threads

the onkyo might be good, but for me i will wait for something better within that same price bracket

Dec 17, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #2,200 of 16,326
  i think i am agreeing with you, as to me i learned its not about how loud a dap is compared to another, i think its the tonal body and fullness and richness of the sound and layering, that is more important than a how loud dap is, especially if it is loud but lacks dynamics and richness

until now i did not read anyone really giving the onkyo the wow factor i thought it would get

so i am not considering it anymore, also i got the mojo so it will be so difficult for any dap to get close to what i hear from that tiny device, and i have the lg v10 as well so i am good for now, i will only spend on something that is first worth every penny , and that is not inflated in price like some crazy dap prices we see in other threads

the onkyo might be good, but for me i will wait for something better within that same price bracket

do you stack anything on the v10 just for the buttons? like the e18. v10's buttons on the back are a downer.

Dec 17, 2015 at 4:48 PM Post #2,201 of 16,326
Yeah, well...honestly. I am looking for the most from my music is the tonal body. Anything that is higher-end to me...it gotta have the more accurate tonal body density

I'm starting to lean this way as well. All of my daps and amps sound good although each sounds different.

Find myself mixing n matching components looking for that rich, detailed, full, yet still portable sound. Haven't really found it yet but want to try the Mojo.

do you stack anything on the v10 just for the buttons? like the e18. v10's buttons on the back are a downer.

I agree: the V10's back buttons are a pain for adjusting volume when the phone is flat. However, the 2nd screen works ok for navigation without turning on the whole screen or I can use my bluetooth remote.

The E18 with my Note 3 was the (closest) fullest portable sound I've heard yet. Not TOTL in detail or soundstage but just great fullness (with the mk3 and the bass boost on which almost perfectly fills out the mk3's drop-off below 100Hz).

I got the E18 two weeks before the V10 because it had the buttons I wanted. Didn't expect it blow my E17 out of the water or else I'd have got it years ago. Haven't tried it with my V10 yet but the Onkyo got my attention in part because it also has nav buttons and the volume wheel. Wish it had a hardware bass boost too (I avoid software EQ) but no daps have that.

Dec 17, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #2,202 of 16,326

I'm starting to lean this way as well. All of my daps and amps sound good although each sounds different.

Find myself mixing n matching components looking for that rich, detailed, full, yet still portable sound. Haven't really found it yet but want to try the Mojo.

I agree: the V10's back buttons are a pain for adjusting volume when the phone is flat. However, the 2nd screen works ok for navigation without turning on the whole screen or I can use my bluetooth remote.

The E18 with my Note 3 was the (closest) fullest portable sound I've heard yet. Not TOTL in detail or soundstage but just great fullness (with the mk3 and the bass boost on which almost perfectly fills out the mk3's drop-off below 100Hz).

I got the E18 two weeks before the V10 because it had the buttons I wanted. Didn't expect it blow my E17 out of the water or else I'd have got it years ago. Haven't tried it with my V10 yet but the Onkyo got my attention in part because it also has nav buttons and the volume wheel. Wish it had a hardware bass boost too (I avoid software EQ) but no daps have that.

I'm in exactly the same boat as you. Also, onkyo's screen is probably no where near samsung or other smartphones. Pros and cons to each..

Dec 17, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #2,203 of 16,326
I'm in exactly the same boat as you. Also, onkyo's screen is probably no where near samsung or other smartphones. Pros and cons to each..

I'm ok with the screen but no album art, no folders, and (thus far) almost no playlists are the biggest cons. I may not get one because of those software flaws (which I doubt Onkyo will fix or change).

Dec 17, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #2,204 of 16,326

yeah i have the fiio e18 as well, its been ages since i listened to it, maybe i should revisit 

i did not get what u meant about mk'3 drop off below 100hz, and to be honest the bass boost in alo mk3 is not that prominent either which was a big turn off to me when i got it, man sometimes reviews can be so misleading

I am now only enjoying iems with my mojo,

and i have obselete devices liying aorund me: alo mk3 B, ifi dsd micro, fiio e18, venturecraft go dap x, denon da-10, fiio e11 >>> imagine i bought all those just to get the dam lcd2 sound good, and non are making any difference to be honest, had i bought another headphone i would have saved alot of money. The problem is where i live no one buys such headphones as here people only know beats so its difficult to sell the lcd2. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back