Onkyo DP-S1 Rubato / Pioneer XDP-30R Private
Dec 5, 2017 at 12:07 AM Post #796 of 1,608
So... any consensus on whether or not the new firmware affects sound quality... plus or minus?

Cheers

Dec 5, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #799 of 1,608
Thanks all. I guess I'll take my chances.... :L3000:

Dec 5, 2017 at 11:58 PM Post #800 of 1,608
Dec 6, 2017 at 2:33 AM Post #801 of 1,608
Second that
The sync problem get solved by itself, after three hours the synchronization finished, it seems the problem was some corrupted flac files in the internal memory. During this three hours the only thing I can do is wait for the miracle because there's no other options. You can't flash the firmware with the PC because Pioneer don't let you the drivers nor software to do it. In the manual said that by pushing power button for more than 10 seconds you can turn off the player in a malfunction case but when you turn it on the first thing the IU do is sync the library and the problem starts again and again. I do not comment the solution here because NOBODY give an answer or idea for help with my issue, so I assume nobody matters that problem (I recognize is not usual to put corrupted files on internal memory but it could happens) but I give you all a free advise: TURN OFF THE AUTOMATIC SYNCHRONIZATION because if the internal memory have some problem (let say damaged sectors for example) your player is going to be stuck in sync process for a loooooooong time and you can do nothing because the auto sync is the first process to be started when you turn on the player.
About the second reply the new firmware sounds exactly the same the latest one. I can't find any difference in SQ ( to be honest I can't find any difference even in the UI but the new Bluetooth option to allow or not the Android app connect). that's all folks.
Oh! Remember that downgrade the firm is an imposible mission so if your player works well let it be.

Dec 6, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #803 of 1,608
The sync problem get solved by itself, after three hours the synchronization finished, it seems the problem was some corrupted flac files in the internal memory. During this three hours the only thing I can do is wait for the miracle because there's no other options. You can't flash the firmware with the PC because Pioneer don't let you the drivers nor software to do it. In the manual said that by pushing power button for more than 10 seconds you can turn off the player in a malfunction case but when you turn it on the first thing the IU do is sync the library and the problem starts again and again. I do not comment the solution here because NOBODY give an answer or idea for help with my issue, so I assume nobody matters that problem (I recognize is not usual to put corrupted files on internal memory but it could happens) but I give you all a free advise: TURN OFF THE AUTOMATIC SYNCHRONIZATION because if the internal memory have some problem (let say damaged sectors for example) your player is going to be stuck in sync process for a loooooooong time and you can do nothing because the auto sync is the first process to be started when you turn on the player.
About the second reply the new firmware sounds exactly the same the latest one. I can't find any difference in SQ ( to be honest I can't find any difference even in the UI but the new Bluetooth option to allow or not the Android app connect). that's all folks.
Oh! Remember that downgrade the firm is an imposible mission so if your player works well let it be.

The autosync will happen again when you do the next firmware update even if your last setting is set to off. Best solution is to use an external sd card for your music. When you have such problems, you can at least remove the card.

Dec 10, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #808 of 1,608
I’m patiently waiting for USB out functionality to return. My Mojo is strapped to my DP-S1 in anticipation ...

Dec 12, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #810 of 1,608
Hi head-fi, first post here. Been lurking a bit so figured I should say hi.

Wow, just saw the dp-s1a advertised in store here in Japan and thought, "hey that'll be cool if I could get one for my next flight out of Japan.
Oh, its like twice the price as the dp-s1..."

I cried a little. 60350 yen is a large chunk towards the hdv820 amp I ultimately want. My HD800's haven't been used for a year since I moved to Japan so I guess I have to pass on the dp-s1a for now... But... But.... I want...

This was at the larger yodobashi camera store in Akihabara that I had a look.

This won't stop me going back to try it out with my own HD-25 headphones (unbalanced) out of curiosity tho.

I'll see if they have both models (dp-s1 and dp-s1a) on display and if I can note any difference between them from a regular consumers standpoint tomorrow. Juuust in case its being shown earlier. Else, I'll do some hunting after release date on the 15th anyway.

edit: fixed errors given the release date is on the 15th of December.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back