OnePlus Icons - Revews, Pics and Impressions Thread
Feb 3, 2016 at 6:02 AM Post #61 of 125
And without a clip?

Never tried Haha, I always use a clip with my IEMs.

On another note, I am very pleased to say that the Icons are the first IEMs that I dont feel like I have to EQ to get the sound I want (IE more bass, or more treble). Could these be the "perfect" IEMs that I've been searching for so long?? :cool:

Feb 3, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #62 of 125
Never tried Haha, I always use a clip with my IEMs.

On another note, I am very pleased to say that the Icons are the first IEMs that I dont feel like I have to EQ to get the sound I want (IE more bass, or more treble). Could these be the "perfect" IEMs that I've been searching for so long??
cool.gif

cool.gif
Wow. I never EQ. I rely on the IEMs themselves for that. I'm guilty of a Bass boost Via My portable amp, now and then, but that's all. Honest.

For shame Lifted, Tsk,Tsk,Tsk.....

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

Feb 5, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #63 of 125
:cool: Wow. I never EQ. I rely on the IEMs themselves for that. I'm guilty of a Bass boost Via My portable amp, now and then, but that's all. Honest.

For shame Lifted, Tsk,Tsk,Tsk.....

:D :D TWIN

Oh Haha look at the EQ virgin right here lol

I feel that EQ can sometimes make 99% likable IEMs/Headphones a full 100%. That's the only time I do it.

Feb 9, 2016 at 6:22 AM Post #65 of 125
  Fiio m3 + E06 + Oneplus Icons... how will this setup sound...any thoughts.

I think you're onto a winner there :wink:

If I'm correct the M3 has the signature FiiO warm sound in which case the Icons will sound even fuller and more enveloping. The amp isnt really needed, you could easily run them straight from the M3. Icons need very little juice to sound good! :wink:

Feb 9, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #66 of 125
cool.gif
Lifted. Just listened to these last night, first time in over a week. THESE EARPHONES ARE UNBELIEVABLY GOOD.

PERIOD:  without any qualifiers like performance for price ,etc. They are just superb.

Has anyone done a FULL Review yet?

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Feb 9, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #67 of 125

Dunu Titan 1 is rated as #2 here. how would you compare icons to titan 1. in my country fiio ex1 costs $75, icons $45. thanks.

cool.gif
You have to watch that rating system. 
biggrin.gif
  I own, (well used to), the Titan 1's. Gave them to my oldest daughter. I couldn't take the brightness.

IMHO  (pay attention to this)

The ICONS absolutely KILL the Titans in every way. It's not even a contest. I even like their soundstage better, although I think I all ready told you that.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Feb 9, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #68 of 125

cool.gif
You have to watch that rating system. 
biggrin.gif
  I own, (well used to), the Titan 1's. Gave them to my oldest daughter. I couldn't take the brightness.

IMHO  (pay attention to this)

The ICONS absolutely KILL the Titans in every way. It's not even a contest. I even like their soundstage better, although I think I all ready told you that.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

yes you did. i wanted to be a little more clear between those two. i have made my mind for ICONS. thanks a lot.

Feb 9, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #69 of 125
yes you did. i wanted to be a little more clear between those two. i have made my mind for ICONS. thanks a lot.

Yaay! Are you going to order them soon?

Feb 12, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #70 of 125
So.... I've bitten the bullet and ordered some Auvio Medium and Auvio Large off eBay (US sellers), 2 sets each.

Cannot wait to put them on my Icons and see what all the fuss is about lol. The SpinFits I am using currently are very comfy and sound good, however they do have the tendency to slide out occasionally.

They have to be worth it at £12 (most of that is the shipping from US to UK btw). Kinda annoying that they arent sold anywhere else, especially considering they are made in China!!! Even AliX doesnt have them. 

Feb 12, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #71 of 125
Finally got to try the Icons. VERY impressed. Bass is outstanding and doesn't infringe on everything else. I'm hearing very good details and separation. "Smooth" is another word that comes to mind. So far, both Sony hybrids and spiral dots work great. I have some Auvios somewhere I might try. Typically those are too small for me though.

Feb 12, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #72 of 125
Finally got to try the Icons. VERY impressed. Bass is outstanding and doesn't infringe on everything else. I'm hearing very good details and separation. "Smooth" is another word that comes to mind. So far, both Sony hybrids and spiral dots work great. I have some Auvios somewhere I might try. Typically those are too small for me though.

cool.gif
Wait until it breaks in. It even Smoothes out some more. Very Enjoyable phone to listen to.

I like it a great deal. What's odd is it hangs with the 2 and 3 driver hybrids. The lesson is more or mixed drivers don't always mean better.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Feb 12, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #73 of 125

those are two really different tips you mentioned here.
how come there's no difference?

Feb 12, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #74 of 125
those are two really different tips you mentioned here.
how come there's no difference?

Didn't really compare the two critically. Both sounded good to me for music enjoyment. I would need to sit down and swap tips back and forth and try to identify nuances.

Feb 16, 2016 at 6:28 AM Post #75 of 125

cool.gif
Wait until it breaks in. It even Smoothes out some more. Very Enjoyable phone to listen to.

I like it a great deal. What's odd is it hangs with the 2 and 3 driver hybrids. The lesson is more or mixed drivers don't always mean better.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Totally agree with that, every listen for me they get smoother and smoother while still maintaining the energy and clarity they had at the beginning.

So I've been using the Large SpinFits on my Icons for a while now and I have to say that they are one of the most comfy tips I've ever tried. However that comfort comes at a price, for some reason they keep sliding out of my ears (right ear mostly). Maybe I have some weirdly shaped ear canals, but I havent had this issues with any other tips. So I might go back to the Zircon tips for now, at least until my medium Auvios get there from the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back