OnePlus Icons - Revews, Pics and Impressions Thread
Feb 16, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #76 of 125
cool.gif
I've got the New LZ Z03A (single driver) arriving today and will do an initial impression then burn them a couple days and do a Full Review. Guess what SINGLE DRIVER 'phone I intend to use as a comparison?

Z03A v.s. ICON

This should be VERY interesting.....

My money is on the Icon.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Feb 16, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #77 of 125
This could push me over the edge...

Feb 16, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #78 of 125
  This could push me over the edge...

cool.gif
The Icon is the closest thing in EQ and SQ that I have to the mighty HCK A2. The HCK is 3x the price.

I'm really amazed by this single DD's performance. It's VERY good by any standard.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Feb 16, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #79 of 125
Twin,
   Just how much of a "step up" are the Icons over the Puro IE500s?

Feb 16, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #80 of 125
Feb 16, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #81 of 125
  Twin,
   Just how much of a "step up" are the Icons over the Puro IE500s?

cool.gif
A little Darker, missing some of the Treble peaks of the Puros, I wouldn't necessarily say they are a STEP UP both have amazing sound quality. The Icons are just Fuller sounding and Much Easier to drive. Comfort level is about even.

I received a NEW warrior today. OOTB it's pretty impressive for being Tiny....

Check out the Chinese Thread.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Feb 16, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #82 of 125

blink.gif
You thought I was going to go ballistic or at least Animated didn't you? In Fact All of my current top Favs are VERY good earphones and close in SQ. Except for the HCK which is a Powerhouse. It pretty much stands alone.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

Feb 16, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #83 of 125

cool.gif
A little Darker, missing some of the Treble peaks of the Puros, I wouldn't necessarily say they are a STEP UP both have amazing sound quality. The Icons are just Fuller sounding and Much Easier to drive. Comfort level is about even.

All of my current top Favs are VERY good earphones and close in SQ. Except for the HCK which is a Powerhouse. It pretty much stands alone.

Now THIS makes a lot of sense although I don't find the hard to drive business an issue.  I use 65 volume setting for my Puros and 55 for the Technes and Vsonics with my xDuoo X3 DAP.  Not that great a difference.  And I see you don't weigh the Icon's extreme sensitivity to tips which in my mind is a negative.  If that were also factored I daresay they might be closer to a toss up.  
biggrin.gif
  THX!

Feb 16, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #84 of 125
I'm enjoying the snot of the Icons.  When TWIN states the HCKs are in another league, it really makes me want to hit the buy button.  But, as soon as I buy them and they ship, I know something else will come along that is in a league above them (LZ A3 maybe?).  Anyway, I'm going to resist the urge for a little while.  With my luck though, the HCKs will probably get canceled and I'll miss the boat on those.

Feb 16, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #85 of 125
  I'm enjoying the snot of the Icons.  When TWIN states the HCKs are in another league, it really makes me want to hit the buy button.  But, as soon as I buy them and they ship, I know something else will come along that is in a league above them (LZ A3 maybe?).  Anyway, I'm going to resist the urge for a little while.  With my luck though, the HCKs will probably get canceled and I'll miss the boat on those.

Eeew! Earphone snot! That's pretty disgusting.
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 16, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #86 of 125
Feb 16, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #87 of 125
Feb 16, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #88 of 125
Eeew! Earphone snot! That's pretty disgusting. :ksc75smile:
[/quote

:grinning: Yes. You can clean those with new Mucus- off for IEMs. Available on aliexpress for 167,000 RMB...

:grinning::grinning:. TWIN

Feb 16, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #89 of 125
Of course there are the horror stories of people not noticing the earphone snot till it is too late. Combines with the earwax and becomes like superglue. Then off to the ear doctor for removal :frowning2:

Feb 16, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #90 of 125
Of course there are the horror stories of people not noticing the earphone snot till it is too late. Combines with the earwax and becomes like superglue. Then off to the ear doctor for removal :frowning2:

:grinning: Wow. I remember a girl in high school that had something like that happen with a hot dog.....

:smiling_imp::smiling_imp: TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back