Oh where, oh where has my slim Arrow gone, oh where, oh where can it be?
Jul 1, 2010 at 2:30 AM Post #616 of 892
^ same here, Robert just replied today, so it seems that he has been in a cave churning out amps for fellow head-fiers for quite some time. I can't wait till the new Arrow is out. 

Jul 2, 2010 at 1:41 AM Post #617 of 892
what's different in this new Arrow?

also: any word on the DAC Stick? I had one ordered back in February.

Jul 12, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #620 of 892

Can anyone confirm if those of us on the waitlist are in fact getting second gen Arrows?  I assume this is the case for those of us that haven't seen their gen one 12HE's yet.  Might I be wrong??  

Jul 12, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #622 of 892

Quote:
2G is $15 more.

I see that is the case if you order now.  For those that have already paid months ago the answer is????

Jul 12, 2010 at 10:24 PM Post #623 of 892
When I ordered it six weeks ago, it had the name Arrow 12HE, now the order listed in my account says Arrow 12HE 2G.

Jul 13, 2010 at 7:49 AM Post #624 of 892
I asked Robert when I'll get the Arrow 2G which I bought at the beginning of May and he told in about three weeks. Btw I think Robert removed the DAC Stick, I couldn't find it on the homepage.

Jul 13, 2010 at 6:37 PM Post #625 of 892
I had some questions regarding shipping and the DAC stick. Robert emailed me back and said the shipment is going to be in August like most of you heard and he has taken off the DAC stick from the website until it is finished.

From the way it looks, the shipment delay is probably from waiting for the 2G to be finalized, because I'm not sure if anyone has a 2G in hand. Seems like August will be when everyone will get their amp shipped out (pure speculation).

Jul 14, 2010 at 7:21 AM Post #626 of 892
On the headphone website, the links to the USB DAC stick disappeared. I ordered the package deal in February. The Arrow HE arrived in March, but no feedback regarding delivery of the stick, offer for refund or replacement (e.g. by DAC cable). Fortunately I kept my Lyrix USB, but the stick would have been too cute. A while ago the links to the trade-in disappeared, but then came back again. When I ordered the Lyrix USB, promised specs included charging by USB which then turned out to be not feasible. 

Another open question is the Arrow's second line-in, marked "chg". I was told long time ago that the Arrow could be charged by the second line-in, but adapters or at least instructions are still missing.

Jul 14, 2010 at 7:38 AM Post #627 of 892
Robert Gehrke told me the "chg" function of the port isn't used. It is printed on my prototype enclosure of the Arrow, but I don't know if it's still there on the final model. It wasn't visible in the photos of the non-2G Arrow on the Headstage website either.

As I understand it, the idea of the "chg" port would have been a special cable that charges the Arrow amp and an attached iPod at the same time, with only one cable.

Jul 14, 2010 at 3:40 PM Post #628 of 892
The Headstage website seems to have also added a support forum today.

Jul 14, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #629 of 892
It was a combination of the fact that it can use headphones up to 600 ohm, the low weight, the reasonable price and a very good test at anythingbutipod.com which made me decide upon Arrow 12HE 2G. Usually I prefer audio equipment with as few switches and potentiometers as possible in the audio path, but the Arrow is an exception.

Jul 14, 2010 at 4:55 PM Post #630 of 892
I sent in payment a couple weeks ago; Robert emailed me beginning of this week saying the amp would "probably" ship in August some time.

I really don't mind the wait as the headphone out on my DAP (S:Flo 2) is already rather good; also, I like the "niche item" sort of flavor of the Arrow variant/amp and it's always good to have something that's in fairly great demand but short on supply (ie > re sell value, etc.); so no worries on the wait (long as it's not unreasonable, in which case I'd ask for a refund).

I'm looking forward to it and hope he does actually get them out soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back