Oh where, oh where has my slim Arrow gone, oh where, oh where can it be?
Jun 9, 2010 at 6:44 PM Post #586 of 892
I ordered an Arrow 2 days ago, do you guys think I'll be getting the old generation, or the new generation?

Jun 9, 2010 at 9:39 PM Post #588 of 892
May I know if anyone has received their "to be shipped in May" Arrow? My order was changed to "shipped out" on 18th May and I have yet received my package.

BTW, I checked my account again today and the order status has changed to "Arrow case to ship". I am not sure if it means the Arrow case has been shipped also, or the amp itself is shipped with the new case.

The status of the DAC Stick remains as "payment received"

I actually want to receive the old version of arrow. For some reason I prefer to have a true power switch on an electronic device which I can turn the power completely off. And solid capacitors would sound as good as film capacitors given enough time.

BTW, I placed my order on 11th April.

Jun 9, 2010 at 10:34 PM Post #589 of 892

Quote:
May I know if anyone has received their "to be shipped in May" Arrow? My order was changed to "shipped out" on 18th May and I have yet received my package.

BTW, I checked my account again today and the order status has changed to "Arrow case to ship". I am not sure if it means the Arrow case has been shipped also, or the amp itself is shipped with the new case.

The status of the DAC Stick remains as "payment received"

I actually want to receive the old version of arrow. For some reason I prefer to have a true power switch on an electronic device which I can turn the power completely off. And solid capacitors would sound as good as film capacitors given enough time.

BTW, I placed my order on 11th April.

lol. If you receive a new Arrow, I'd be more than happy to trade with you. :wink:

Jun 10, 2010 at 2:07 AM Post #591 of 892
I was looking in the impressions forum and noticed that someone had their arrow delivered on the 8th. Anyone else got theirs yet?

I'm in the middle of Australia so I might be waiting for a while.

Jun 10, 2010 at 5:38 AM Post #592 of 892
borrego, my Arrow was also shipped on May 18 and I haven't received it yet.  In fact, I just checked my account and it appears I have another "shipped" status on June 8, and an "Arrow case to ship" on June 10.  Not sure what the heck's going on, but the pessimist in me says my amp didn't ship out last month and is only now en route.  I've kind of resigned myself to being in permanent "package expectation mode".

Jun 13, 2010 at 1:19 AM Post #594 of 892
borrego, you said your order was placed on April 11, I placed an order April  22.  However, my account still says "order processing" and it has not changed since April 22.  Since it has been seven weeks, I will try sending an inquiry email soon through the California location. 

Jun 13, 2010 at 1:47 AM Post #595 of 892

Quote:
borrego, you said your order was placed on April 11, I placed an order April  22.  However, my account still says "order processing" and it has not changed since April 22.  Since it has been seven weeks, I will try sending an inquiry email soon through the California location. 

Keep us posted, I am exactly in the same boat.  

Jun 14, 2010 at 4:47 AM Post #596 of 892
I receive my Arrow today (ordered on 11th April, marked shipped on 18th May). The amp is the "old" version with power switch.

My first impression is: the amp is so tiny! It hides complete in the back of my S:flo2 I also received last Friday.

The S:flo2 and the Arrow are the longest teasers I ever had of all my gadget purchases. Have to wait for 3.5 months for the S:flo2 and 2 months for the Arrow.

Anyway, I tested out all the function switches of the Arrow and all of them are working probably. I am charging the Arrow now and the only remaining funtion to check is the charging auto-cut off.

The case of mine is totally black without any Headstage logo. The 2 countersunk screws are flush probably. I don't find any issue with the case. Anyway my order status is marked with "Arrow case to ship"

The only thing I would like to have is a more balance potentialmeter. It is less balanced than the one on my S:flo2 at low volume. But it is still ok with my RE0 at the lowest volume I would listen. I think the unbalanced issue will be more of a problem with more sensitve IEM.

Now I have owned 3 portable devices (Arrow, Fanmusic Mk2, and S:flo2) with potentialmeters as volume controls. All of them goes unbalance to different degrees to the left channel (i.e. right channel goes silent and left channel still got sound). Can someone tell me it is the same for all potentialmeters?

Jun 17, 2010 at 3:32 PM Post #598 of 892
Jun 17, 2010 at 8:20 PM Post #599 of 892

Quote:
How so?  We know its bigger.

The sound quality. I had always liked the sound boost from the E5, and it has been an important part of my headphone journey, but with the Arrow it was like another veil was taken off. I thought it was a bit sibilant at first but as my ears got used to it the sound got more detailed and "deeper".

I will write more in the impressions thread.

Jun 18, 2010 at 1:50 AM Post #600 of 892
Aint it slim and sexy? Say more about the balance issue (on the "impressions" thread). I've been using Shure SE530s with the Arrow 12HE since February and I've detected zero balance issues even at low levels. What DAPs were you using? How about source file quality?

Quote:
I receive my Arrow today (ordered on 11th April, marked shipped on 18th May). The amp is the "old" version with power switch.

My first impression is: the amp is so tiny! It hides complete in the back of my S:flo2 I also received last Friday.

The S:flo2 and the Arrow are the longest teasers I ever had of all my gadget purchases. Have to wait for 3.5 months for the S:flo2 and 2 months for the Arrow.

Anyway, I tested out all the function switches of the Arrow and all of them are working probably. I am charging the Arrow now and the only remaining funtion to check is the charging auto-cut off.

The case of mine is totally black without any Headstage logo. The 2 countersunk screws are flush probably. I don't find any issue with the case. Anyway my order status is marked with "Arrow case to ship"

The only thing I would like to have is a more balance potentialmeter. It is less balanced than the one on my S:flo2 at low volume. But it is still ok with my RE0 at the lowest volume I would listen. I think the unbalanced issue will be more of a problem with more sensitve IEM.

Now I have owned 3 portable devices (Arrow, Fanmusic Mk2, and S:flo2) with potentialmeters as volume controls. All of them goes unbalance to different degrees to the left channel (i.e. right channel goes silent and left channel still got sound). Can someone tell me it is the same for all potentialmeters?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back