Oh where, oh where has my slim Arrow gone, oh where, oh where can it be?
Jun 1, 2010 at 1:47 PM Post #558 of 892
You know what's really funny... Before coming onto Head-Fi, I had never really noticed, or been bothered by "hiss." I've been reading alot of people mention things about hiss here and hiss there. Out of NOWHERE, I have been really noticing the hiss coming from my Macbook pro's headphone out... and for some odd reason, it's been bothering me, especially on songs that have short breaks or certain acoustic songs, where I can hear it during the song...

I'm going to be ordering the DAC stick from Headstage soon... I hate you all.

Jun 1, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #559 of 892

Quote:
and for some odd reason, it's been bothering me

I'm going to be ordering the DAC stick from Headstage soon... I hate you all.

LOL. You're killin' me today, dude. I was just on Headphonia scoping the DAC stick and cable. 
beerchug.gif

Jun 1, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #560 of 892

Quote:
LOL. You're killin' me today, dude. I was just on Headphonia scoping the DAC stick and cable. 
beerchug.gif

haha. Sorry?

I'm trying to decide between the stick or cable. The cable is cheaper, but it'd really be nice to be able to only have the stick plugged in, and not have to carry the amp around my room (since it's semi-permanently attached to my iPod Touch.)

A pro of the cable vs. stick though, is that I believe there is a stock of cables in California, so it could be in my hands rather quickly, whereas, I'm guessing the DAC sticks are in Germany, which would result in a rather long wait (minimum of at least 2 weeks) until it reaches my hands.

Jun 1, 2010 at 3:44 PM Post #561 of 892
^^ No worries. You are h'yaving dilemma, no? I have to evaluate how I'd really use either, but I like the idea of the added flexibility the DAC/amp stick would provide. The Bad Man on my shoulder says, "Get both." 
devil_face.gif

Jun 1, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #562 of 892

Quote:
^^ No worries. You are h'yaving dilemma, no? I have to evaluate how I'd really use either, but I like the idea of the added flexibility the DAC/amp stick would provide. The Bad Man on my shoulder says, "Get both." 
devil_face.gif

I think the Bad Man on your shoulder is related to the one on my shoulders, because mine is saying the same thing... =/

Jun 2, 2010 at 4:28 AM Post #563 of 892
Initially the stick was announced for March. Then this changed to May. I believe to date no one has received the stick, including myself. I ordered in February and received the Arrow after more than 5 weeks. If you order today, expect a minimum of 4 weeks for the Arrow to ship. Likely more for the stick, taking into account backorder. Note that the website has neither adjusted delivery dates for Arrow nor stick.

Still the USB DAC cable is a bargain, being in the same price category as "highend" cables, LODs or any Apple licensed iPod accessories, all with less functionality.

For us in Europe, Arrow + stick is same price as Arrow + cable. So the stick becomes an even greater bargain, but with a grain of salt (actual delivery date).

Jun 2, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #564 of 892
I was thinking about going with the Arrow + Stick combo as well, but after talking with Robert it seems like there will be a significant wait for the Stick even after the next batch of Arrows ships. 

Since I'm going to be using my computer as my source and the wait for the Arrow is already painful enough, I was forced to go with the Cable instead.

But I've already nearly convinced myself to buy the Stick as well once it becomes available
rolleyes.gif

Jun 2, 2010 at 11:12 PM Post #565 of 892

Quote:
I was thinking about going with the Arrow + Stick combo as well, but after talking with Robert it seems like there will be a significant wait for the Stick even after the next batch of Arrows ships. 

Since I'm going to be using my computer as my source and the wait for the Arrow is already painful enough, I was forced to go with the Cable instead.

But I've already nearly convinced myself to buy the Stick as well once it becomes available
rolleyes.gif

Cool, Soletaken. Let us know how the DAC cable/Arrow combo works for you. I haven't heard any feedback from anyone rolling with that combo, but it seems like a no-brainer "desktop" setup. I'm itching to pull the trigger on that cable.

Jun 3, 2010 at 8:42 AM Post #566 of 892

Quote:

rolleyes.gif

Let us know what you think of the cable!

Jun 3, 2010 at 10:01 AM Post #567 of 892

Quote:

rolleyes.gif

The Stick only has an HP out. Its a DAC/Amp combo, unless you plan to feed the Arrow from the Stick through its HP out.

Jun 3, 2010 at 12:23 PM Post #569 of 892

Quote:
The Stick only has an HP out. Its a DAC/Amp combo, unless you plan to feed the Arrow from the Stick through its HP out.

Hey, wuwhere. I think Soletaken was referring to the Arrow+Stick purchase combo (or bundle) and not in the context of usage.

Jun 3, 2010 at 12:29 PM Post #570 of 892

Quote:
Ah hell, I don't want to wait for the stick. I just placed my order for the cable.

Sweet! Let us know how it works out. I've never had a DAC as a peripheral so I'm curious about how it works.  Does the PC OS just detect it as a sound card? Anywayz - that's OT. Let us know how it works and how long from order to doorstep. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back