Official X5 2nd gen beta firmware download and discussion thread--version 1.27: library search function, replaygain, filter options
Mar 3, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #136 of 231
Yes,  there is a character limit, I don't remember what it is, that past that point the file will not be recognized on random play or playlists.  If you go on the regular discussion group for the X5ii you can probably find it.

Mar 15, 2016 at 5:00 AM Post #137 of 231
Hi

I've got some problem with tagging DFF files. In foobar2000 everything looks fine, but in the player album tag is shown instead of artist tag.
Also there is no difference in loudness when I switch ReplayGain ON and OFF - RG tags are present. My files are tagged by foobar2000 as ID3v2.

Mar 18, 2016 at 4:13 AM Post #138 of 231
I updated to the 1.27 beta and play from the previous position and play from previous song doesn't seem to work?
Every time I start up the X5 Gen2, it starts into the home screen... has anyone else had this issue?

I've also got about 9000 songs on there on two card and it seems to play some gongs a lot and not others too... It does seem quite random to an extent, but it seems to play certain songs from certain albums much more than others. This had always been the case with every firmware version though... including the X5 gen1 I had previously.

Mar 18, 2016 at 4:34 AM Post #139 of 231
  I updated to the 1.27 beta and play from the previous position and play from previous song doesn't seem to work?
Every time I start up the X5 Gen2, it starts into the home screen... has anyone else had this issue?

I've also got about 9000 songs on there on two card and it seems to play some gongs a lot and not others too... It does seem quite random to an extent, but it seems to play certain songs from certain albums much more than others. This had always been the case with every firmware version though... including the X5 gen1 I had previously.

The only time it starts from the home screen for me is after I've done an update, otherwise it starts up from where I've left off.  The random thing I've seen mostly if I use the player categories; in playlists I've made with Foobar, it doesn't seem to be as much of an issue.

Mar 20, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #140 of 231
Weird... I've even re-flashed the firmware and it still only ever start up in the home screen... I can not get it to start up in same song or same position what so ever! It's really irritating me.
Everything else is great. It's so much snappier than ever.

Mar 20, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #141 of 231

I had the same problem. It kind of cured itself:

After installing firmware 1.27 (from 1.24) I was disappointed that it hasn't fixed the problem. Tried to get some info from other people on the forum, but no response.

So I had the idea of reformatting the SD cards. This also in view of the fact that they haven't been formatted by the X5 II itself, but by a Windows tool called HPUSBDisk. Until firmware1.21 I didn't experience any problem from that. But I thought: who knows! So I took the cards out and began to copy the content on the computer HDD for recopying it later, after formatting. In the meantime I used an identical Samsung card with 128 GB and with the same formatting method, but different content, for slot 1 (slot 2 empty). To my surprise the Resume function was working. With one exception: In the mode «last position» it only worked when the song wasn't paused at its beginning; 1 s was sufficient to make it work.

Then I inserted two SanDisk cards (from the X5 [1]) – also with 128 GB and formatted with HPUSBDisk – with virtually identical content as the problematic ones, and they showed the same behavior; all I had to do was to avoid pausing the song at its beginning or to chose the «last song» mode. So far, so good. After the copying of the SD card intended for reformatting was finished, out of curiosity I inserted both problematic Samsung cards again. What was that?! The Resume function was working now! With said restriction. I haven't changed anything on them. And the player used the same (refreshed) database as ever. (BTW, clearing and refreshing the database were things I tried before without success).

So my proposition: Temporarily use another card with different content for slot 1 and refresh the database. After that, use the original card again and refresh the database. I'm curious if it will work also in your case.

A question to other users: Does your Resume function  – set to «last position» – work when the player has been paused at the beginning of a song before switching off?

Mar 21, 2016 at 7:37 AM Post #142 of 231

I had the same problem. It kind of cured itself:

A question to other users: Does your Resume function  – set to «last position» – work when the player has been paused at the beginning of a song before switching off?

I tried pausing at the start of the song, turning it off, on again... it starts back to home menu again.
I tried to re-update the list manually, and now it's stuck on 0 songs. It doesn't register the songs on the TF card at all, even though I can read it on my PC.
I will take the next few hours copying it back to a file on the PC, formatting the card and re-copying, then see how that goes.
If it doesn't work still, it will be a waste of a load of time and I'm going to get pretty annoyed.

Mar 21, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #144 of 231
Have you already tried formatting the card(s) in the player? Have you tried a different SD card? Have you already tried reinstalling the firmware or an older firmware? I would try the latter first if I were you. But it could indeed be that the hardware/electronics is defective.

Mar 21, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #145 of 231
  Have you already tried formatting the card(s) in the player? Have you tried a different SD card? Have you already tried reinstalling the firmware or an older firmware? I would try the latter first if I were you. But it could indeed be that the hardware/electronics is defective.

Have you already tried formatting the card(s) in the player?

Yes.

Have you tried a different SD card?

Yes.

Have you already tried reinstalling the firmware

Yes. It was one of the first things done.

an older firmware?

Yes, and it works fine. Reverted back to v1.2 for now.

But it could indeed be that the hardware/electronics is defective.

No, because the v1.2 works fine.

Mar 21, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #146 of 231
  Have you already tried formatting the card(s) in the player?

Yes.

Have you tried a different SD card?

Yes.

Have you already tried reinstalling the firmware

Yes. It was one of the first things done.

an older firmware?

Yes, and it works fine. Reverted back to v1.2 for now.

But it could indeed be that the hardware/electronics is defective.

No, because the v1.2 works fine.

Do you see any file when going for folder browsing? Or only tagged browsing is affected?

Mar 22, 2016 at 11:14 PM Post #148 of 231
  I think I've broken the thing.
I can not get it to recognise a single song file now... every manual library update turns up 0 songs! :frowning2:

Hi, KSB1978, if the library update fails, pls enter "System settings" and select "Reset media library" which is new added to FW1.27beta. After done, pls try to manually update media library again.
As for the Resume mode, it also makes us confused that that function can not work on your X5II with FW1.27beta, even though it is already set to "Last position" or "Last song".  Yeah, we also received the similar feedback from user JaZZ, but we can not re produce the problem after our repeated tests, and it is not easy for us to analyse.
If there is any new test result, pls share with us, and it may help improve the firmware for the X5II.  :)

Mar 22, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #149 of 231
@FiioShadow, is FiiO going to be putting out another beta or final firmware update for the X5 gen 2 anytime soon?
Thanks!
popcorn.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Users who are viewing this thread

Back