Official X5 2nd gen beta firmware download and discussion thread--version 1.27: library search function, replaygain, filter options
Feb 28, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #121 of 231
Another subject (which has already been brought up earlier): I don't really trust the shuffle play function.

My two 128 GB cards contain almost 6000 songs. Some of them have been played 30 and more times since I have the player (some almost on a daily basis), whereas about 50% have never been played so far. So in my book the function can't really be random.

What are you saying, @FiiO-Shadow?

Feb 29, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #122 of 231
Hello and thanks for the update. 

Are there any plans to improve the UI for those with large music collections?  I have over 20,000 tracks by over 1,000 artists and cannot use the X5 because it is so slow to navigate between different artists or albums, or tracks for that matter.  So it is stuck on a shelf and I end up using my old iPod Classic and this is a shame given the huge quality difference between the FiiO and the iPod.

If you were to introduce an option to allow users to select the first letters of an artist, album or track and search, that would be fantastic!  I could listen to my collection with the excellent quality sound that the FiiO allows.  Is this possible, is something like this in development?

Kind regards

Dominic

Feb 29, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #123 of 231
  Another subject (which has already been brought up earlier): I don't really trust the shuffle play function.

My two 128 GB cards contain almost 6000 songs. Some of them have been played 30 and more times since I have the player (some almost on a daily basis), whereas about 50% have never been played so far. So in my book the function can't really be random.

I agree.
I had the original X3 and that too had a problem but X5ii has improved the shuffle but its still not truly random like Sony players.
Some songs get played often while others not at all. 

Feb 29, 2016 at 11:09 PM Post #124 of 231

Same here, except I have two 200gb cards with over 22,000 songs.  My biggest genre has 10,000 plus songs in it, and yet somehow, when I'm in that genre, I'm seeing the same four disc album over and over again, which is...well, frankly, absurd.  The shuffle algorithm definitely needs some serious work.

Feb 29, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #125 of 231
  Hello and thanks for the update. 

Are there any plans to improve the UI for those with large music collections?  I have over 20,000 tracks by over 1,000 artists and cannot use the X5 because it is so slow to navigate between different artists or albums, or tracks for that matter.  So it is stuck on a shelf and I end up using my old iPod Classic and this is a shame given the huge quality difference between the FiiO and the iPod.

If you were to introduce an option to allow users to select the first letters of an artist, album or track and search, that would be fantastic!  I could listen to my collection with the excellent quality sound that the FiiO allows.  Is this possible, is something like this in development?

Kind regards

Dominic

This beta firmware came with the option to search by letter.  Like right now, if I'm in my Game genre list, and I hold down the Menu button, it pops up an alphabet to select.

Mar 1, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #126 of 231
      Same here, except I have two 200gb cards with over 22,000 songs.  My biggest genre has 10,000 plus songs in it, and yet somehow, when I'm in that genre, I'm seeing the same four disc album over and over again, which is...well, frankly, absurd.  The shuffle algorithm definitely needs some serious work.

Can't say the same.  I have around 6K, and if I choose all songs, then shuffle, I'm getting snapshots from all over my library, and nothing which looks like being non-random.  Am I just lucky?

Mar 1, 2016 at 12:08 AM Post #127 of 231

Can't say the same.  I have around 6K, and if I choose all songs, then shuffle, I'm getting snapshots from all over my library, and nothing which looks like being non-random.  Am I just lucky?

Possibly it's within a genre or a particular grouping that it has issues?  And to be fair, it seems like it really gets bad after I've left it in that particular genre or playlist for a while (like, I set my Game genre to play last Saturday, and I don't shut the player down cold after my work shifts, I just pause it, plug it in, and basically pull it back out of sleep the next day).

Mar 1, 2016 at 4:10 AM Post #129 of 231
Does anyone know whether it is possible to create your own themes?  The screen resolution is good but the font size is small and for those like me, whose eye sight is not excellent, it is sometimes difficult to see.  The X5ii would be enhanced if I could change to black text on a white background and increase the size of the font.  Is there a way to create and import your own theme?

Mar 1, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #130 of 231
  Does anyone know whether it is possible to create your own themes?  The screen resolution is good but the font size is small and for those like me, whose eye sight is not excellent, it is sometimes difficult to see.  The X5ii would be enhanced if I could change to black text on a white background and increase the size of the font.  Is there a way to create and import your own theme?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/771221/fiio-x5-ii-custom-themes-thread

It is possible, and it is not very complicated. 

There are a few custom themes created already, and they look nice

Mar 1, 2016 at 5:57 AM Post #132 of 231

Hi, JaZZ.
How did you plays your songs on a daily basis? By "All songs" after updating the media library? 

Mar 1, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #133 of 231

Hi, JaZZ.
How did you plays your songs on a daily basis? By "All songs" after updating the media library? 

Hi Shadow

Yes, the library is always up to date, and my comment is related to the «all songs» setting.

Mar 3, 2016 at 1:40 AM Post #135 of 231
  I have noticed there seems to be a letter limit in m3u8 playlists that I've not encountered on other players that I've noticed, but creates problems on this one.   The song will come up in my playlist and it will say it's "not found" but I can very easily go out and into the folder direct and play it.  And if I shorten the file name and re-add it to the playlist, it works.  For example, one I just found is "80s & 90s\The Police & Sting\Don't Stand So Close To Me '86 UK 12'' single\Don't Stand So Close To Me (Original).flac."  Plays perfectly in the folder itself, but the playlist won't play it.  Very odd, seeing as it's definitely not too long by Windows standards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back