Official X5 2nd gen beta firmware download and discussion thread--version 1.27: library search function, replaygain, filter options
Mar 23, 2016 at 1:15 AM Post #151 of 231
  Hi, HK_sends.
The new official firmware for the X5II may be released next month if everything goes well.
Thanks for your patient waiting advance. :)

Great!  Thanks very much for the information!
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Mar 23, 2016 at 2:18 AM Post #153 of 231
I am now completely wiping the TF cards, re-formatting in the X5II and re-installed v1.2, re imported all music... will try the v1.27beta again later today and see what happens.

After all that time wasted, I updated to the v1.27beta and the problem of not starting form the same position still persists... reverting to v1.2 and staying there until the stable version comes online...

Mar 23, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #154 of 231

I am now completely wiping the TF cards, re-formatting in the X5II and re-installed v1.2, re imported all music... will try the v1.27beta again later today and see what happens.

After all that time wasted, I updated to the v1.27beta and the problem of not starting form the same position still persists... reverting to v1.2 and staying there until the stable version comes online...

Since you seem to have misunderstood my former advice: What if you take care to not turn off the player with a song paused at the beginning? Note: not at the beginning of the song, one second played is enough. That helps in my case.

And what if you set Resume to «last song»?

Mar 23, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #155 of 231

Since you seem to have misunderstood my former advice: What if you take care to not turn off the player with a song paused at the beginning? Note: not at the beginning of the song, one second played is enough. That helps in my case.

And what if you set Resume to «last song»?

I'm not sure what I misunderstood...
I tried another TF card as you said for a while and went back to original card... tried pausing a song at the start or in the middle etc... but I never pause a song at the start anyway, so it's a moot point. I've also used the resume mode at last song. I think I have pretty much tried everything I can possibly think of. Hence I am here asking for opinions.

If you want me to step it out, here's possibly all of the things I've done:-
1. updated to v1.27beta
2. updated my library
3. played it.
4. Turned it off.
5. Turned it on and played it. Resume from last position did not work.
6. Checked the setting to ensure "play from last position" option enabled.
7. tried again. Did not work.
8. tried play from last song. Did not work.
9. tried resume position "off". This did what it was supposed to, I suppose... NOT play from last position or last song.
10. Updated library.
11. Tried again. Did not work.
12. Re-installed v1.27beta fresh.
13. Tried again and did not work.
14. came here and posted for the first time.
15. Tried updating library, just to make sure. stuck on song 0.
16. Tried updating library again, stuck on song 0.
17. manually cleared library info and updated again.
18. Read your post.
19. put in another TF card and updated library. Refreshed library and played a while. "Play from last position" didn't work.
20. Copied all the songs from my TF cards over to my HDD and formatted them in X5 and re copied songs to the TF.
21. Tried to update files and got stuck on song 0.
22. Tried the other TF card. Stuck on song 0.
23. reinstalled v1.2
24. everything worked fine. including pausing song at the beginning or the middle.
25. re-wiped my TF cards. re-formatted in X5, re-transferred all songs (all 900ish of them), put them back in X5, all worked.
26. Reinstalled v1..27beta.
27. Resume options did not work.
28. reverted back to v1.2 and staying there until stable Firmware version.

Mar 23, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #156 of 231

I'm not sure what I misunderstood...
I tried another TF card as you said for a while and went back to original card... tried pausing a song at the start or in the middle etc... but I never pause a song at the start anyway, so it's a moot point. I've also used the resume mode at last song. I think I have pretty much tried everything I can possibly think of. Hence I am here asking for opinions.

*snip*

I definitely understand your frustration.  While I can't reproduce the issue myself, that is why I asked FiiO Shadow when the next firmware update is due to come out (his answer is post #150).  I hope a new firmware solves the issue.
Cheers and All the Best!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Mar 23, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #157 of 231
  I definitely understand your frustration.  While I can't reproduce the issue myself, that is why I asked FiiO Shadow when the next firmware update is due to come out (his answer is post #150).  I hope a new firmware solves the issue.
Cheers and All the Best!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Thanks mate.
It's quite frustrating to have an issue no one else seem to be able to reproduce. And the diagnostics/mitigation process I outlined took quite some time too... wiping and re-copying 9000song to a TF card alone took overnight and then some... I think?

I am definitely looking forward for the next stable release! everything else about v1.27beta was great while it was working!

Mar 23, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #158 of 231

Thanks mate.
It's quite frustrating to have an issue no one else seem to be able to reproduce. And the diagnostics/mitigation process I outlined took quite some time too... wiping and re-copying 9000song to a TF card alone took overnight and then some... I think?

I am definitely looking forward for the next stable release! everything else about v1.27beta was great while it was working!

You could always send to Fiio for check-up, if you think that hardware is the problem. 

Mar 23, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #160 of 231

Yeah, I could. But I don't suspect it's hardware, as it works perfectly fine under v1.2.
If it was hardware, it won't work under v1.2  either, would it?

You must be right. 

I did not encounter any bugs with the newest beta though, but I think that when they release another stable firmware, that should do the trick for you too!

Mar 26, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #161 of 231
Hello! Newb here. I previously wrote that gapless playback did not work for me but editing that out because it does work! Shuffle mode was on (DUH!).

I have not checked each of the other features this beta fixed but everything else has functioned well for me so far.

ez

Mar 27, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #162 of 231
Hello! Newb here. I previously wrote that gapless playback did not work for me but editing that out because it does work! Shuffle mode was on (DUH!).

I have not checked each of the other features this beta fixed but everything else has functioned well for me so far.

ez

Welcome to Head-Fi!  Sorry about your wallet! 
wink_face.gif

Don't feel bad about the settings confusion.  Sometimes the settings can be a little hard to figure out...even for a long-time owner like me.
I just think it's cool that FiiO continues to add new functionality to their DAPs! 
biggrin.gif

Cheers and All the Best! 
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Mar 28, 2016 at 3:00 AM Post #163 of 231

Yeah, I could. But I don't suspect it's hardware, as it works perfectly fine under v1.2.
If it was hardware, it won't work under v1.2  either, would it?

Hi, KSB1978.
So, the Resume function on your X5II running the FW1.27beta still can not work normally? If you are convenient, could you please take a video and send it to me showing this problem? You can upload the video and share the link with us by the private message.  As you said, it seems that no one else can reproduce this issue. So the video will be helpful for our engineers to analyse it.  
Lastly, thanks for your taking time to try to troubleshoot.

Mar 28, 2016 at 7:07 AM Post #164 of 231
v1.44beta? Were you talking about the X3II? I got a little confused and looked for it.

I will try and take a video of it on my phone and message it to you... what is a good fileshare site I could use? or could I just email it to your email address if you message me an address?

EDIT: don't worry about that now... used dropbox. the file is huge though... 1.1GB.

You can upload the video and share the link with us by the private message.  As you said, it seems that no one else can reproduce this issue. So the video will be helpful for our engineers to analyse it.   Lastly, thanks for your taking time to try to troubleshoot.

Apr 7, 2016 at 1:08 AM Post #165 of 231
Hi there, been using this firmware version since it came out. I'm very pleased with the new functions and the much snappier performance.
However I'm experiencing much more battery drain, the player is running hotter than before. I wonder if any other can confirm it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back