Official X5 2nd gen beta firmware download and discussion thread--version 1.27: library search function, replaygain, filter options
Feb 19, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #106 of 231
OK

I posted this on the regular thread and thought I'd post it here too in case it might be a latest firmware problem.

Sometimes when I turn the player on, find a song, play it and set the volume...the volume will drop once I go to the EQ settings and make ANY change.
It could be just one notch of the 2K range or even switching from one setting to another.
Even switching to "off" has still dropped the volume by about 20% to what it was before I entered the EQ settings.
The volume is so unpredictable I've also experienced a huge unexpected spike in the volume when using the EQ settings as I mentioned before.
Again, doing a simple switch to the next setting then going back returns it to the normal volume level I set.
What's REALLY annoying is the volume number listed above stays the same during all of this.

???

I'm running the latest beta version.
I think I'll rollback the firmware and see what happens.

Reported to FiiO HQ. :xf_eek:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 19, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #107 of 231

OK

I posted this on the regular thread and thought I'd post it here too in case it might be a latest firmware problem.

Sometimes when I turn the player on, find a song, play it and set the volume...the volume will drop once I go to the EQ settings and make ANY change.
It could be just one notch of the 2K range or even switching from one setting to another.
Even switching to "off" has still dropped the volume by about 20% to what it was before I entered the EQ settings.
The volume is so unpredictable I've also experienced a huge unexpected spike in the volume when using the EQ settings as I mentioned before.
Again, doing a simple switch to the next setting then going back returns it to the normal volume level I set.
What's REALLY annoying is the volume number listed above stays the same during all of this.

???

I'm running the latest beta version.
I think I'll rollback the firmware and see what happens.

Reported to FiiO HQ.
redface.gif

Cheers.
I just rolled back and it's back to normal now.
I only tested it with a few songs so I'll report back after a day or two. :)

Feb 19, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #110 of 231

How does one abuse the EQ?

Set it, change it, and enter the menu more than 10 times in 10 minutes. 

My ie800 are gone to sennheiser because cable hardened, and have been missing for a while now, so I must use my dj one pro, and It is harder than I thought to get into it's sweet spot. It is not that original, un-eqed sound is not amazing, but I am used to ie800, which have so much more treble, but when adding only the treble to dj one pro, it tends to distort. So I abused the EQ for a while, and I did not experience any glitches up to this point. 

Feb 20, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #111 of 231
I have issues with the EQ, but not the same as Koukol. And it's not just since firmware 1.27, also happened with the predecessor.

When I unplug the coaxial cable and later reattach it, volume goes up like EQ were disabled – and it probably is (didn't test it). I have to go to the EQ settings and change preset to get the original volume (or the EQ function, resp.) back.

I guess it happens each time (don't do it that often to tell with certainty).

Feb 21, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #112 of 231
Just discovered this odd sorting issue with FW 1.27 beta on my X5ii.

Albums are not being listed by title alphabetically on the player.

For example:
In the PLAY BY CATEGORY:
ARTISTS<BEATLES, THE
A HARD DAYS NIGHT
THE BEATLES
LOVE
ABBEY ROAD
PAST MASTERS
RUBBER SOUL
LET IT BE...NAKED
HELP, etc.

Now, in foobar 2000 and BROWSE FILES on the x5ii, all Beatle albums are listed in perfect alphabetic order:
A HARD DAYS NIGHT
ABBEY ROAD
BEATLES FOR SALE
HELP
LET IT BE
LOVE
MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR
PAST MASTERS
PLEASE PLEASE ME, etc.

So I updated the x5ii media library (by removing both SDcards and scanning library) then reinserted them and rescanned library.
First time I did this the player "hung" at around 506 songs.  I did the 10 sec. reset and started again as above.
Player successfully finished scan, handling data, etc.
Albums still listed in non-alphabetic order.  Now this happens with all Artists albums: The Beatles, Billy Joel, Dianna Krall, etc.

Has anyone else noticed this when using the PLAY BY...<ARTIST category?

Thanks!

Charlie

Feb 21, 2016 at 8:44 PM Post #114 of 231
  Just discovered this odd sorting issue with FW 1.27 beta on my X5ii.

Albums are not being listed by title alphabetically on the player.
.... Has anyone else noticed this when using the PLAY BY...<ARTIST category?

Yes, I can confirm this is also happening on my X5ii since updating to the latest beta firmware. Albums are not in alphabetical order under each artist. They do appear to be in alphabetical order when looking under Play by Album.

Another issue that I have noticed (though it predates the latest beta) is that while listening to an album folder (selected by Play by Artist), once the last song is reached the player stops and does not move on to the next folder even though I have enabled Play Through Folders. It just stops with a second left in the final song of the album. This also happens with albums selected by Play by Album.

Of course, I've only had the X5ii for a couple of days thus far, so I very could be doing something wrong with my settings...

Thanks!

SR

Feb 26, 2016 at 5:58 AM Post #116 of 231

Yes, I can confirm this is also happening on my X5ii since updating to the latest beta firmware. Albums are not in alphabetical order under each artist. They do appear to be in alphabetical order when looking under Play by Album.

Another issue that I have noticed (though it predates the latest beta) is that while listening to an album folder (selected by Play by Artist), once the last song is reached the player stops and does not move on to the next folder even though I have enabled Play Through Folders. It just stops with a second left in the final song of the album. This also happens with albums selected by Play by Album.

Of course, I've only had the X5ii for a couple of days thus far, so I very could be doing something wrong with my settings...

Thanks!

SR

Hi, slowrolling.

As for the wrong order for the albums name when going access to the certain artist, we will fix it in the future firmware soon.
This issue will not happen in FW1.2, so you can downgrade to FW1.2 if you prefer to the correct order at present.

Kindly be noted that, the function "Play through Folders" just takes effect among folders, but not "Album" or "Artist" when going access to "Play by Category". 
You can download the X5II's complete user manual from our official website(click here) to know the X5II better. 
smile.gif

Feb 26, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #118 of 231
  Well switching back to the stable 1.2 firmware fixed my EQ/volume problems.
Today I'll switch back to the the beta 1.27 and see if the problem returns.

Well, the problem returned. :frowning2:
There's definitely a bug with this beta version on my DAP.
As I said the EQ setting is at a higher volume than the off setting until I make any adjustment in a frequency.
Move any frequency one notch up or down and the volume returns to normal (which is normally lower than the off setting not higher)
Again the change in volume is not represented in the above number...it stays the same.

Feb 28, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #119 of 231

Well switching back to the stable 1.2 firmware fixed my EQ/volume problems.
Today I'll switch back to the the beta 1.27 and see if the problem returns.

Well, the problem returned. :frowning2:
There's definitely a bug with this beta version on my DAP.
As I said the EQ setting is at a higher volume than the off setting until I make any adjustment in a frequency.
Move any frequency one notch up or down and the volume returns to normal (which is normally lower than the off setting not higher)
Again the change in volume is not represented in the above number...it stays the same.

It may effectively be the same problem as mine (posted above)...

I have issues with the EQ, but not the same as Koukol. And it's not just since firmware 1.27, also happened with the predecessor.

When I unplug the coaxial cable and later reattach it, volume goes up like EQ were disabled – and it probably is (didn't test it). I have to go to the EQ settings and change preset to get the original volume (or the EQ function, resp.) back.

I guess it happens each time (don't do it that often to tell with certainty).

I think I got it since firmware 1.24 or even 1.21 (don't recall exactly, just that it was there also with 1.24).

Feb 28, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #120 of 231
When I turn the X5ii on I now have to go to the EQ settings and do some fiddling just to make sure the output is normal.
Some great news is I noticed the other night any EQ setting set to "0" is now at the same volume output as the "Off" setting. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back