Official X3 1st gen firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit, play through folders--Happy Chinese New Year!
May 20, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #691 of 921
  Ya it happens to me about 80% of the time that I use the Quick Menu to Favorite a track. 

The sound quality you speak of - does it only apply headphones or does it also effect the line out?

I use the line out most of the time and FW3.34 is certainly the way to go. With modern 24-bit/96 kHz recordings the sound quality is really excellent, better than I recall from earlier firmware versions.

May 20, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #692 of 921
I find it interesting that 3.34 is for most of us the "go to firmware" for the original X3.  Yet is, at least in theory, beta firmware.

There are some minor tweaks that I would like to see in terms of user interface (mainly easier access to tone controls and equalizer) but generally FIIO nailed it with this particular firmware.  I know a few people have issues, but mostly I see positive comments on this firmware revision.

May 21, 2015 at 8:01 AM Post #693 of 921
  I can't go on with this bug in 3.34 where the track changes when you select anything from the quick menu. What's the best FW to downgrade to?

I can't give up 3.34 (too many other things were fixed that bothered me). 

I've finally gotten into the habit of clicking on  "now playing" when I want to leave the quick menu. I still occasionally forget, and get the rude change of track.

May 21, 2015 at 9:12 AM Post #694 of 921

I can't give up 3.34 (too many other things were fixed that bothered me). 

I've finally gotten into the habit of clicking on  "now playing" when I want to leave the quick menu. I still occasionally forget, and get the rude change of track.

If you do one long press then one more short one in the quick menu, it will get you back to the now playing screen no problem with 3.34b.

It still would be faster if you just have to do one single click though. The long press on the back button gets you to the main menu and then one more short one will get you back to what is playing fine and without the track change.

May 23, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #695 of 921
Hi again . I download the 3.34 beta. I've noticed that some albums only show in the album search and some only appear in the external storage SD card as oppose to finding them in the artist menu . can you help ?.thanks

May 28, 2015 at 8:16 AM Post #696 of 921
  If you do one long press then one more short one in the quick menu, it will get you back to the now playing screen no problem with 3.34b.

It still would be faster if you just have to do one single click though. The long press on the back button gets you to the main menu and then one more short one will get you back to what is playing fine and without the track change.

Ahh...I didn't know about this little trick. Solves the issue for now. Thank you!

May 28, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #697 of 921
Hi again . I download the 3.34 beta. I've noticed that some albums only show in the album search and some only appear in the external storage SD card as oppose to finding them in the artist menu . can you help ?.thanks

Have you updated the media library?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 28, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #699 of 921
Hi yes and that made no difference.most of my music was sourced online. I noticed for example a CD that I put on the player does not show up in the artist menu.

Well, if the files' ID3 tags are incomplete, there's nothing the player can do. You may edit in tags using a tag editor like mp3tag and then rescan the SD card.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 2, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #700 of 921
@Joe Bloggs
does it make sense keep waiting on a final 3,34?

confused.gif

Jun 2, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #701 of 921
  @Joe Bloggs
does it make sense keep waiting on a final 3,34?

confused.gif

Auxin;

Do you have the 3.34 beta installed or are you holding off?  In my opinion, 3.34beta is more stable than many "official" releases.  And it sounds quite good in my view and in the view of many others on this forum.

Fortunately, FIIO has stated that the unit will, for now, continue to get firmware updates from time to time.  The company is in overload mode in my view given the tremendous amount of new products recently introduced and soon to be introduced.  So we may wait a while for any loving for for new X3 Gen One updates.

Jun 2, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #702 of 921
It´s just because of customizing, don´t want to hassle 2 times.
If there will be no final, I´ll go with the beta, it´s ok - but a few days after modding the beta, I would be pretty upset 
rolleyes.gif

BTW - I don´t expect a final seriously, due to their flood of new player, the old x3 may always be the last in the row....

Jun 3, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #703 of 921

Auxin;

Do you have the 3.34 beta installed or are you holding off?  In my opinion, 3.34beta is more stable than many "official" releases.  And it sounds quite good in my view and in the view of many others on this forum.

Fortunately, FIIO has stated that the unit will, for now, continue to get firmware updates from time to time.  The company is in overload mode in my view given the tremendous amount of new products recently introduced and soon to be introduced.  So we may wait a while for any loving for for new X3 Gen One updates.

But in 3.34 beta , doesn't work DAC mode under linux :frowning2:

Jun 13, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #705 of 921
In 3.34b i could not not listen anything in Lo gain setting because sound is very poor. Earlier in 3.3 i used to listen my sennheiser Hd 558 with Hi and etymotic hf3 in ear with Lo which i feel just proper. But now i have to listen everything in Hi setting. Anyone facing this problem ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back