Official X3 1st gen firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit, play through folders--Happy Chinese New Year!
Jun 13, 2015 at 8:47 AM Post #706 of 921
In 3.34b i could not not listen anything in Lo gain setting because sound is very poor. Earlier in 3.3 i used to listen my sennheiser Hd 558 with Hi and etymotic hf3 in ear with Lo which i feel just proper. But now i have to listen everything in Hi setting. Anyone facing this problem ?

What amplifier do you use through the line out?

Jun 19, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #708 of 921
I am using the headphone out, no separate amplifier

Sorry, I misread your post. I seem to be getting into the habit of reading Lo as Line Out as so many people say it that way here. I should have known as you said gain afterwards.

Sorry though, I am not at all sure why it sounds worse with this firmware for you. To me, this sounds the best firmware so far.

Jun 22, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #713 of 921

Well I have Ubuntu 14.04 and with 3.34, the DAC won't work with my PC. It freezes my PC and makes it totally unresponsive. It worked fine will all the previous firmwares.

I have no issues on ArchLinux (kernel 4.0.4) with the X3 running FW3.34b in DAC mode. I think its an issue with the snd_usb_audio module on some of the older kernels. And Ubuntu is known to prefer older and (in their view) more stable versions of the Linux kernel.

Jun 22, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #714 of 921

I have no issues on ArchLinux (kernel 4.0.4) with the X3 running FW3.34b in DAC mode. I think its an issue with the snd_usb_audio module on some of the older kernels. And Ubuntu is known to prefer older and (in their view) more stable versions of the Linux kernel.

I only get the long term support versions of Ubuntu. Previously, I had 12.04 and the DAC on the X3 worked flawlessly with it. Not that I intend to use it really. I use the E10 for my desktop amplifier. I would have used the DAC on the X3 more often if it wasn't for the fact it lost the track position of using it as DAP every time.

That is another problem I have with the X3. Every time I plug it in to a USB cable that provides any sort of data, it looses its track/artist/album positions. Lots of my tracks are over 20 minutes long and quite hard to get back to where I was listening. I don't know if this is something that can get sorted out.

Jul 13, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #716 of 921
I have updated my fiio X3 to FW 3.3. It shows FW 3.3 in the about dialog box under the settings so that worked fine.

I have a 128G exFAT card with about 7000 songs on it. The X3 only creates a media lib with the first 5800 songs. It looks like it goes through the, in alphabetical order because, for me, it gets down to about "W".

Is the 5800 song limit supposed to be removed in FW 3.3?

I have tried both manual and automatic updates of the media lib with the same results.

Would it help to delete the media lib and rebuild it and if so how does one do that?

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Jul 13, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #717 of 921
I have updated my fiio X3 to FW 3.3. It shows FW 3.3 in the about dialog box under the settings so that worked fine.

I have a 128G exFAT card with about 7000 songs on it. The X3 only creates a media lib with the first 5800 songs. It looks like it goes through the, in alphabetical order because, for me, it gets down to about "W".

Is the 5800 song limit supposed to be removed in FW 3.3?

I have tried both manual and automatic updates of the media lib with the same results.

Would it help to delete the media lib and rebuild it and if so how does one do that?

Thanks in advance for any tips!

FW 3.3 does still have the restricted 5800 track limit. However, 3.34b has that limit removed. Download 3.34b at the beginning of this thread. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back