Official X3 1st gen firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit, play through folders--Happy Chinese New Year!
Apr 21, 2015 at 7:35 AM Post #676 of 921
The Fiio website stated they will continue to support the X3 1st gen.

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:05 AM Post #678 of 921
I really like the way the Fiio has worked with customers in the development of the firmware and as a result, I will be moving up the ladder again, I think.

I started with the X1 which is a great player and so went on to the X3 which I really like a lot.

So really, what I'm saying is that we don't often pat these guys on the back and say, 'Well done'. Fiio has done a great job with these players and supported us well in these threads.

Apr 23, 2015 at 3:44 AM Post #679 of 921
I really like the way the Fiio has worked with customers in the development of the firmware and as a result, I will be moving up the ladder again, I think.

I started with the X1 which is a great player and so went on to the X3 which I really like a lot.

So really, what I'm saying is that we don't often pat these guys on the back and say, 'Well done'. Fiio has done a great job with these players and supported us well in these threads.

I couldn't agree with you more. I'm astonished  at just how good the sound quality is when playing a really good recording. It's the sort of quality one has the right to expect from a device many times the price. At least that's my opinion.

Apr 23, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #680 of 921
Audio enthusiasts tend to be a prickly lot.

But I do see praise on the forums.

I think FIIO sees the bulk of its praise at the cash register. Many repeat customers I suspect.

Forums such as this tend to being out more extreme opinions.
My two cents worth.

May 8, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #685 of 921
Fiio released new X1 fw with this fix:

Code:
 [justify]Fixed issue where shuffle mode reverted to the same set of "random" songs if starting from the same song. [/justify]

Hope they add this to next X3 fw.

May 8, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #686 of 921
Just wanted to update that the player spontaneously turning off stopped happening after that first time. Not sure what really happened there, but it stopped happening. It still turns off when the power button is held, even when the hold switch is activated, but it hasn't turned itself off in my pocket even once since that first time, so I'm happy with it. Loving the new firmware.

Is there a way to rename playlists? They get created as Playlist1, Playlist2, etc. I don't mind, but it would be nice to change their names. I thought maybe they could be renamed manually when connected to a computer, but I can't seem to find those playlists.

May 18, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #688 of 921
  I can't go on with this bug in 3.34 where the track changes when you select anything from the quick menu. What's the best FW to downgrade to?

Probably this one:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mmrd8j6y7uah2p0/X3FW3.3.zip?dl=0

Although I wouldn't want to go back to an older one. This one sound cleaner and it has some features that I just couldn't do without. The play through folders option and the way it remembers the path back through the folders you went through to get to the track playing. Both of these are things I am very used to.

This issue doesn't happen often for me at all really. I very often go to the quick menu to use the short cut to the main menu and it never has this track skipping problem then. Even when I go onto track info in the quick menu, it hardly ever seems to do this.
Maybe I have just been Lucky.

May 19, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #689 of 921

Probably this one:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mmrd8j6y7uah2p0/X3FW3.3.zip?dl=0

Although I wouldn't want to go back to an older one. This one sound cleaner and it has some features that I just couldn't do without. The play through folders option and the way it remembers the path back through the folders you went through to get to the track playing. Both of these are things I am very used to.

This issue doesn't happen often for me at all really. I very often go to the quick menu to use the short cut to the main menu and it never has this track skipping problem then. Even when I go onto track info in the quick menu, it hardly ever seems to do this.
Maybe I have just been Lucky.

Ya it happens to me about 80% of the time that I use the Quick Menu to Favorite a track. 

The sound quality you speak of - does it only apply headphones or does it also effect the line out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back