Official Sony DMP-Z1 Thread
Jul 28, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #4,066 of 4,333
I also believe utter nonsense, irrelevant to DMP posts (especially from non-owners) should be downvoted then deleted. Questions are always welcome as we, the owners who ran over 1k hrs thru this PDAP, can help answer them.
Not onñy this thread , i thoml allmost all yhreads have at some pokn the same problematic

Jul 28, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #4,067 of 4,333
Since the DMP is discontinued, I placed a pre-order for a Lotoo Mjölnir, but before going forward with the Mjölnir, I wanted to know if there is any (trustable) rumors about e DMP Successor ? thanks

Lotoo.jpg
Currently there are no rumors, but that is no surprise with Sony. Sometimes the rumors appear 2 years before the product is released and then the product comes out of the nothing.

Sometimes the products are rumored several days or hours before the release. Sometimes the products are just suddenly there without any rumor whatsoever. Sony is tightly controlling what they release to the public. A lot of rumors also never get released as an product at all.

Shanling made an "copy" of the DMP-Z1, the M30, but its, of course, not identical. But in the overall concept, that is what gets closest to the DMP-Z1 in terms of concept.

Sony never released an succesor to the PHA-3 to this day and there are many other products waiting for an successor who most likely get one earlier.

Nobody knows for sure, but most likely the TA-ZH1ES, XBA-Z5 and XBA-N1/N3 and some component audio products will get an successor before there will be another DMP-Z1. But often they are not released in order.Sony just released an successor to the for example STR-DN1080, something that a lot of people didn't expect and thought the product was dead.

So it might be released tomorrow, it might be released never.

Jul 28, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #4,068 of 4,333
Since the DMP is discontinued, I placed a pre-order for a Lotoo Mjölnir, but before going forward with the Mjölnir, I wanted to know if there is any (trustable) rumors about e DMP Successor ? thanks

I have no idea, like all of us, but I just dropped an e mail to my contact at Sony, ( That took charge of my repair. ) to see if she has any information ?? Not that she could divulge, if she had, but no harm in trying.

Other than the new Walkman’s, Sony have gone fairly quiet on the release of audio products & i can’t imagine this will continue ?? Things take time to develop, of course !

( & as I was typing this post, there was notification of a new post - & I knew who it was, before I looked - they don’t or can’t go away, even if weeks or months have passed. )

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2023 at 10:51 AM Post #4,069 of 4,333
Not onñy this thread , i thoml allmost all yhreads have at some pokn the same problematic

What amazes me ( & in some respect doesn’t, because most people don’t know what they’re dealing with. ) is 2.500 + “likes” ( When most of it is confrontational, often about products they don’t own. )

Jul 28, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #4,070 of 4,333
What amazes me ( & in some respect doesn’t, because most people don’t know what they’re dealing with. ) is 2.500 + “likes” ( When most of it is confrontational, often about products they don’t own. )
Strange, isn't it? All the informations are right in front of you and still you're amazed. It was even explained inside this very thread and still you're amazed.

You are so close to understand it, that i don't want to take the joy from discovering it from you by spoiling, but you're very close.

Jul 28, 2023 at 11:10 AM Post #4,071 of 4,333
Strange, isn't it? All the informations are right in front of you and still you're amazed. It was even explained inside this very thread and still you're amazed.

You are so close to understand it, that i don't want to take the joy from discovering it from you by spoiling, but you're very close.

……and you’ve just confirmed, what I’ve said, previously. ( There is a golden rule, never reply, never give them “supply” they constantly crave. ) I couldn’t resist in this instance.

( Have you been down to your local audio shop, ( yet again ! ) to listen to the “plenty of DMP-Z1’s” ? ( I did ask you, to see if you could take a photo, on your next visit ? )

Au revoir !

( PS. I can’t hear too many “Z” ‘s - well to be honest, i don’t know what a “Z” is ?? - but, PLEASE, PLEASE, DON’T ENLIGHTEN US ! )

Attachments

• IMG_1468.jpeg
    IMG_1468.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 28, 2023 at 11:28 AM Post #4,072 of 4,333
……and you’ve just confirmed, what I’ve said, previously. ( There is a golden rule, never reply, never give them “supply” they constantly crave. ) I couldn’t resist in this instance.
No i did not, sorry. You were so close but ran again in the "My opinion is a fact" comfort zone... you were so close! I can't be helped
( Have you been down to your local audio shop, ( yet again ! ) to listen to the “plenty of DMP-Z1’s” ? ( I did ask you, to see if you could take a photo, on your next visit ? )
I haven't read that, sorry. Do you want me to take photos of the DMP-Z1 from e-earphone?!? For what purpose?

I went there to check the Westone Mach 80 which was excellent by the way. They have an used unit for half price and i was _so_ close to buy it. But not the DMP-Z1. I tested the DMP-Z1 like 3 times, i don't see any point in testing it ever again but if you want nice photos from it, i could take some for you. I don't see the point though... the Sony Store in Ginza also has one on display (or had one, haven't been there in a while, but i doubt the threw it out). I also remember seing a used unit at sofmap for roughly 3200€ or so, maybe its still there.

I just checked, they even have it online! https://used.sofmap.com/r/item/2133049139054 so its still in the store on display and can be tested by whoever wants to test it

And there is an even cheaper one in surugaya!

https://www.suruga-ya.jp/product/detail/701108190

That store is right next to e-earphone. That is very strange. Maybe someone bought it at e-earphone and was ashamed to sell it back there and so just went to the next store.

As you see, there are plenty of DMP-Z1 to test drive if i really would ever want to test it again.

And those prices are actually realistic prices the device is worth, i do actually recommend getting it for that price!

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2023 at 11:39 AM Post #4,073 of 4,333
No i did not, sorry. You were so close but ran again in the "My opinion is a fact" comfort zone... you were so close! I can't be helped

I haven't read that, sorry. Do you want me to take photos of the DMP-Z1 from e-earphone?!? For what purpose?

I went there to check the Westone Mach 80 which was excellent by the way. They have an used unit for half price and i was _so_ close to buy it. But not the DMP-Z1. I tested the DMP-Z1 like 3 times, i don't see any point in testing it ever again but if you want nice photos from it, i could take some for you. I don't see the point though... the Sony Store in Ginza also has one on display (or had one, haven't been there in a while, but i doubt the threw it out). I also remember seing a used unit at sofmap for roughly 3200€ or so, maybe its still there.

I just checked, they even have it online! https://used.sofmap.com/r/item/2133049139054 so its still in the store on display and can be tested by whoever wants to test it

And there is an even cheaper one in surugaya!

https://www.suruga-ya.jp/product/detail/701108190

That store is right next to e-earphone. That is very strange. Maybe someone bought it at e-earphone and was ashamed to sell it back there and so just went to the next store.

As you see, there are plenty of DMP-Z1 to test drive if i really would ever want to test it again.

And those prices are actually realistic prices the device is worth, i do actually recommend getting it for that price!

At this point, i haven’t read all your inane drivel, but I thought you’d be up on posts ! ( If you check back through posts - the reason I asked about taking a photo of the “plenty“ of DMP-Z1’s because i & everyone else knows it’s BS. “Plenty” was your word.

Oh dear ! You ALMOST BOUGHT SOMETHING, AGAIN ! Wold you say you’re an indecisive, person ? ( Or just can’t afford it ?? )

Major “projection” in your opening line - it’s a well known trait.

Attachments

• IMG_1469.jpeg
    IMG_1469.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 28, 2023 at 12:11 PM Post #4,075 of 4,333
At this point, i haven’t read all your inane drivel, but I thought you’d be up on posts ! ( If you check back through posts - the reason I asked about taking a photo of the “plenty“ of DMP-Z1’s because i & everyone else knows it’s BS. “Plenty” was your word.
According to the cambridge dictionary, plenty means "enough or more than enough" which is the current state.

For such an rather rare player with that low sales numbers, i expected that its obvious that they are not hording them like insane. Especially now where it is out of production.
Oh dear ! You ALMOST BOUGHT SOMETHING, AGAIN ! Wold you say you’re an indecisive, person ?
I tested them to find the definitive IEM for long plain flights in term of comfort. Even though they look like, they are not as comfortable as i thought. They are more or less on the level of the IER-M9, but less comfortable than the VE8 so even though 50% off is tempting, i would not really use it but at the same time, take the used unit (they only have one) away from someone who would use it any day and who maybe really can't afford a new one.

I am one of those people who went to the store in the begining of the pandemic to ask for bottled water for my girl friend who is not allwed to drink from the tap and the store clerk brought two 1.5 liter 6-packs from the storage (they did not put it on display because people where buying them off without drinking them) and i told him "1 6-pack is enough, maybe someone else also needs one"

So whenever i am thinking about buying something, especially used, i am considering "Is it just a toy for me and i am not really going to use it well, while taking it away from someone who maybe would and cant afford a new one?"

So i didn't buy it.
( Or just can’t afford it ?? )
As one of the main critic point about DMP-Z1 owners is, that they only bought it because its the most expensive model as a status symbol to show what they can afford and not really knowing if its the best product, you kinda shot your own leg with that remark.

Jul 28, 2023 at 1:11 PM Post #4,076 of 4,333
According to the cambridge dictionary, plenty means "enough or more than enough" which is the current state.

For such an rather rare player with that low sales numbers, i expected that its obvious that they are not hording them like insane. Especially now where it is out of production.

I tested them to find the definitive IEM for long plain flights in term of comfort. Even though they look like, they are not as comfortable as i thought. They are more or less on the level of the IER-M9, but less comfortable than the VE8 so even though 50% off is tempting, i would not really use it but at the same time, take the used unit (they only have one) away from someone who would use it any day and who maybe really can't afford a new one.

I am one of those people who went to the store in the begining of the pandemic to ask for bottled water for my girl friend who is not allwed to drink from the tap and the store clerk brought two 1.5 liter 6-packs from the storage (they did not put it on display because people where buying them off without drinking them) and i told him "1 6-pack is enough, maybe someone else also needs one"

So whenever i am thinking about buying something, especially used, i am considering "Is it just a toy for me and i am not really going to use it well, while taking it away from someone who maybe would and cant afford a new one?"

So i didn't buy it.

As one of the main critic point about DMP-Z1 owners is, that they only bought it because its the most expensive model as a status symbol to show what they can afford and not really knowing if its the best product, you kinda shot your own leg with that remark.

Again, your narcissism, is very apparent & you not only spoil this thread, but other’s.

Jul 28, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #4,078 of 4,333
Again, your narcissism, is very apparent & you not only spoil this thread, but other’s.
The DMP is not on display and cannot be sampled at the Sony store in Ginza.

Jul 28, 2023 at 1:44 PM Post #4,080 of 4,333
Don't fuel him best let him be, he definitely can get under anyone's skin. Frankly never understood why he hangs around this thread without owning a DMP-Z1 for a single day!

As I’ve posted, the “golden rule” is to ignore. It’s all about attention, seeking attention, any “supply” whether that be good or bad, or any response of any kind. They are like children, trapped in adult bodies & “don’t want to be left out” & their view & opinion is the right one & the only one. Zero self awareness.
The DMP is not on display and cannot be sampled at the Sony store in Ginza.

Narcissist’s are fantasists, they make up stories, then embellish & elaborate on those stories & if you follow closely, they then contradict the story ( & they’re also known liar’s. )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back