*Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread*
Mar 24, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #1,651 of 2,577
In the very short time i have been looking around this forum it seems that most people pair the modi with the magni. Is there a reason for this why not go with the vali 2 instead. I understand that they are two different beasts being one is tube and one is not . Just trying to figure out which i would be happier ith. Ive never had the pleasure of listening to anything tube but ive always heard really good things about tube stuff. Why wouldnt more people prefer the analog sound over digital sound.

I have all three, magni 2, vali 2, and modi 2U. The vali 2 sounds better than the magni 2 to my ears with an upgraded 6922 tube. It's mostly personal preference and I was perfectly happy with the magni 2 until I heard the vali 2.

Mar 26, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #1,653 of 2,577
What kind of music do you listen to?

Classic rock, progressive rock, metal, and some hip hop. The tube makes classic rock and metal sound out of this world amazing.

Mar 26, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #1,654 of 2,577
Well a little of everything. If I had to pick a genre I listen to most i would say EDM as a whole(club,trance,house, etc) next after that i would say anything with acoustic guitar. Especialy just by itself.

Mar 29, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #1,660 of 2,577
I currently already have the Fiio K1 via usb for my laptop. Just picked up the Magni 2 to use with it, since I didn't want to continue using my Cayin C5 as a desktop amp. 

Any input on how the sound would be replacing the Fiio K1 with a Modi 2? 

Mar 29, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #1,661 of 2,577
Been a long time since I've visited these forums.

I've owned the vanilla Magni/Modi for 2 years. I replaced them with the Magni2 Modi2 Ubers this past weekend because I needed toslink for my PS4. When I tested the Magni2 Modi Ubers on my PC first, the sound was beautiful like usual but these packed more punch in the bass department. I didn't think I would hear much difference. The bass definitely has more impact.

Mar 30, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #1,663 of 2,577
im wondering if somethings wrong with my setup so i have a modi 2 and a magni uber 2 stack and im using it with a pair of ath pro 700 mk 2s connected via usb to my computers usb 2.0 on the magni the high gain mode is activated. But its just not putting enough volume out ? i have my windows volume set to 100% the magni volume knob is maxed and like this its just loud enough so that i get decent bass impact too but it cant be that i have to set everything at 100% so i get decent volume is something wrong ? because i used to have a fiio e12 and i couldnt get past the 1 o clock position with it 

Mar 31, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #1,664 of 2,577
Has anyone else had Modi 2 Uber driver issues lately? I'm on Windows 10... I had a Modi 2 (Non-Uber) working perfectly fine, installed drivers from their main driver page. No issues.

I ordered a Modi 2 Uber to color match my Magni 2 Uber (Both Uber models don't even match still, but that's a whole other story)... and I cannot get the Modi 2 Uber working. 

The second the Modi 2 Uber is plugged in, the computer appears to be refreshing every second. It recognizes it for 1 second, then disappears. This is happening at a very rapid rate and doesn't stop unless I unplug it. 

Mar 31, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #1,665 of 2,577
  Has anyone else had Modi 2 Uber driver issues lately? I'm on Windows 10... I had a Modi 2 (Non-Uber) working perfectly fine, installed drivers from their main driver page. No issues.

I ordered a Modi 2 Uber to color match my Magni 2 Uber (Both Uber models don't even match still, but that's a whole other story)... and I cannot get the Modi 2 Uber working. 

The second the Modi 2 Uber is plugged in, the computer appears to be refreshing every second. It recognizes it for 1 second, then disappears. This is happening at a very rapid rate and doesn't stop unless I unplug it. 

Sorry, no such issues here on windows 10.
I installed the driver from schiit and everything was good to go.

You could try and reinstall the driver, or delete your modi from the device list and start over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back