*Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread*
Mar 31, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #1,668 of 2,577
im wondering if somethings wrong with my setup so i have a modi 2 and a magni uber 2 stack and im using it with a pair of ath pro 700 mk 2s connected via usb to my computers usb 2.0 on the magni the high gain mode is activated. But its just not putting enough volume out ? i have my windows volume set to 100% the magni volume knob is maxed and like this its just loud enough so that i get decent bass impact too but it cant be that i have to set everything at 100% so i get decent volume is something wrong ? because i used to have a fiio e12 and i couldnt get past the 1 o clock position with it 

That doesn't sound normal. Some ideas (windows volume settings aside):

Check your cables. If possible, try other cables to see if the problem remains.

Is the usable range on the volume knob normal, from about 7 o'clock (silent) through 12 o'clock (loud) to 5 o'clock (max)? It should be easily turned, but stop at those positions. If it is loose, check the tiny screw holding it in place, it might need to be tightened.

You can always contact Shiit, they helped me very nicely and quickly when the source select button on my Modi2U got stuck. Just send them a mail describing the problem.

Mar 31, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #1,669 of 2,577
I could just RMA them but i really dont know if its a problem or not i currently have the volume knob at 5 o clock and it is to low volume i will try to see if it loose but i dont think so didnt wanna rma them yet because i live in europe and sending them back to the US is a bit expensive :D

Mar 31, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #1,670 of 2,577
If you contact them they might be able to help you without you having to send the Magni back. I was convinced I'd have to send the Modi back, but they managed to help me (by email) to rustle that stuck button loose without having to send it back at all :)

Apr 1, 2016 at 12:24 AM Post #1,671 of 2,577
I have tried every single possible scenario I can think of in troubleshooting. 

1. 2 different computers (Both are Windows 10 Pro)
  2. 2 different USB Cables both 2.0
  3. 6+ different USB ports, all 2.0 (Even tried the 3.0 for giggles)
  4. 4 different wall power outlets
  5. The power is on, and the first light is white signaling USB mode
  6. RCA cables both connected, and not
  7. Modi 2 (Non Uber) on both computers working perfectly fine (not to mention using the same USB port, same cable, and same drivers that the Uber fails at)
  8. Using latest drivers from Schiit website

The issue with my Modi 2 Uber still exists. The PC recognizes it, but only for 1 second. Then it goes away, then it comes back. Repeat.

This is both visible in the task bar as well as device manager. This is the case on different computers, both with the drivers installed or not installed. 

Apr 2, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #1,674 of 2,577
Hey guys another problem with my modi 2 so when i switch it into expert mode and i install the drivers all i can see is 16 bit 44.1 khz and 16 bit 48 khz why doesnt it show 24/96 ? When im in standart mode it shows up to 24/48khz im on windows 10

Apr 2, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #1,677 of 2,577
[COLOR=222222]I have tried every single possible scenario I can think of in troubleshooting. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]
  • 2 different computers (Both are Windows 10 Pro)
  • 2 different USB Cables both 2.0
  • 6+ different USB ports, all 2.0 (Even tried the 3.0 for giggles)
  • 4 different wall power outlets
  • The power is on, and the first light is white signaling USB mode
  • RCA cables both connected, and not
  • Modi 2 (Non Uber) on both computers working perfectly fine (not to mention using the same USB port, same cable, and same drivers that the Uber fails at)
  • Using latest drivers from Schiit website
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=222222]The issue with my Modi 2 Uber still exists. The PC recognizes it, but only for 1 second. Then it goes away, then it comes back. Repeat.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=222222]This is both visible in the task bar as well as device manager. This is the case on different computers, both with the drivers installed or not installed. [/COLOR]
i think you're gonna have to return the Modi. At first I thought it could be a problem with the cable or the usb slot on your mainboard but with what you've done that's not the case.

Apr 5, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #1,678 of 2,577
Anyone looking to upgrade from their Magni 2 Uber to an Asgard 2? Due to space limitations on my desk, I'm actually looking to step down from my Asgard 2 to a Magni 2 Uber. Thought I'd check in this thread to see if anyone would be interested in trading. Details are here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/804070/fs-ft-nib-schiit-asgard-2

Thanks!

Apr 5, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #1,679 of 2,577
  Anyone looking to upgrade from their Magni 2 Uber to an Asgard 2? Due to space limitations on my desk, I'm actually looking to step down from my Asgard 2 to a Magni 2 Uber. Thought I'd check in this thread to see if anyone would be interested in trading. Details are here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/804070/fs-ft-nib-schiit-asgard-2

Thanks!

An interesting swap, but understandable if space is limited. Plus with the Magni2Uber you get the Schiit sound. :)
I would upgrade/swap from my Modi2Uber (+cash) to Bifrost if anyone would be interested.

Apr 5, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #1,680 of 2,577

An interesting swap, but understandable if space is limited. Plus with the Magni2Uber you get the Schiit sound. :)
I would upgrade/swap from my Modi2Uber (+cash) to Bifrost if anyone would be interested.

I advise trying the Bifrost first. The staging is much wider but the Bifrost 4490 is a much more colored dac despite the less steely treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back