Official NYC Annual Spring Meet Saturday, March 21st
Feb 20, 2009 at 4:53 AM Post #121 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, but I will need to see your ID while we sample the libations.
icon10.gif

Hi Kerry. Just do it like you did the GES. Have it sprawled out all over your dining room table for weeks before the meet and then finish it on the way over while you're driving to the meet.
smile.gif

My wife is already getting suspicious - I've got about 2 - 3 weeks of build time before she reaches her limit. That's where my current rig helps
k701smile.gif

I think I need to take my time on this one. It's got higher voltages than the GES.

I may do something different with the power supply (soft start vs. delay and relay on the HT). I'm just about done with the BOM and then ordering / waiting will take a bit of time. I'm going to layout / etch my own boards too. All together I think I'm looking at about two+ months.

If all goes well, it should be done and broken in by the Fall meet.

Feb 20, 2009 at 6:16 AM Post #122 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Definately will be attending. I've got a new DAC I built (based on the TwistedPearAudio OPUS DAC - WM8741) and it sounds wounderful with my Stax setup.

excellent. can't wait to hear it.

Quote:

I think I'm gearing myself up to build the Blue Hawaii from Kevin Gilmore. I've done a lot of the pre-work, but I don't see how I can have it done by the meet.

something to look forward to in the fall then.

Feb 21, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #123 of 507
Is anyone bringing an Electrocompaniet ECD-1 or North Star m192? I know that several people have been interested in comparing. I have both, but maybe not for long, and I probably won't be able to bring that much gear anyway. However, if someone brings one, I might bring the other.

Feb 21, 2009 at 5:47 PM Post #124 of 507
If I can make it (still in negotiations) I'll be bringing the following:

Source:
Arcam CD 73
Hertsens DAC

Amp:
The Menace

Cans:
Modified HF-1s

If space permits I'll bring a small budget rig consisting of my laptop feeding a y1 DAC through a Millett Starving Student Hybrid.

I should know in an week or so if I'm free to roam. Not sure spending the night is in the cards but I'll be bummed if I don't get to grab a glass of juice with my NYC hommies.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 21, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #125 of 507
Scottsmrnyc- Count Me In

Feb 21, 2009 at 8:40 PM Post #127 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by upstateguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
orig.jpg

someone should notify PeterP (the guy who built the railroad tie looking amp in that photo, which is a superb design and If I am not mistaken shaped that way so it will fit on a bookshelf) that there is a NYC meet. He is a cool guy, I want to listen to his amp(s) some more too.

I'l do it!

Feb 22, 2009 at 6:45 AM Post #130 of 507
I'll be there.

HP: beyer 880/600 MANUFAKTUR, split entry mod / balanced by Larry headphile (Darth)
HP: Senn 600s with Zu balanced cable

Amp -- drives both of these at once. New (custom) QES Labs (Italy) dual balanced reference HP amp. Hi imped. cans only (> 200 Ohms). First one in the U.S. Amazing SQ IMHO.

DAC: Benchmark 1 (balanced out). Early model, no USB

Source: dunno yet, prob. B&O CDP with S/PDIF into the Benchmark.

UpstateGuy and I want to do some serious blind cable tests on S/PDIF digital, etc. Listeners needed!

Feb 22, 2009 at 7:26 AM Post #131 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by wavoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be there.
Amp -- drives both of these at once. New (custom) QES Labs (Italy) dual balanced reference HP amp. Hi imped. cans only (> 200 Ohms). First one in the U.S. Amazing SQ IMHO.

this amp?

hpba2tc_front1.jpg

Untitled Document

Feb 22, 2009 at 1:32 PM Post #134 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyandelyse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would anyone be interested to hear a crappy Orpheus HE90/HEV90?

Yes, I would stoop so low as to listen to that.

Also, if my KGSS DX is repaired by then, it has an HE90 jack, which could make for interesting comparisons.

Feb 22, 2009 at 2:26 PM Post #135 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, I would stoop so low as to listen to that.

Also, if my KGSS DX is repaired by then, it has an HE90 jack, which could make for interesting comparisons.

Hi V,

Have a Big Blackgatted KGSS which sings with Stax O2's but loses out to the Orpheus amp with the HE90. All in the synergy my friend.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back