Official NYC Annual Spring Meet Saturday, March 21st
Feb 22, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #137 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, I would stoop so low as to listen to that.

Also, if my KGSS DX is repaired by then, it has an HE90 jack, which could make for interesting comparisons.

Hey V

It's stooping pretty low, but I'd do it too.

Which M192? Mk1 or Mk2???

E

Feb 22, 2009 at 4:48 PM Post #138 of 507
Just stating again that I will be at the march 21st Meet in Queens. Scottsmrnyc

Feb 22, 2009 at 4:53 PM Post #140 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottsmrnyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Say it one more time, scott.
tongue.gif

Feb 22, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #141 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this amp?

Yep, exactly. That's the one. Val at QES designed it to my spec, based on tweaking his standard product. My requirements were:

1. No meters.
2. Two balanced HPs simultaneously, with individual attenuators.
3. Balanced pass-thru on back so I could daisy-chain more units.
4. Design/Voice basically for beyer 600 ohm phones (modded for bal).

He has given it a model number and now it is part of his line. I have taken delivery of the first one. I'll bring it.

Feb 22, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #142 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyandelyse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would anyone be interested to hear a crappy Orpheus HE90/HEV90?

yes! i'll give it a listen.

Feb 22, 2009 at 8:28 PM Post #144 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very true. What source are you using with each rig?

An excellent, tweaked to the hilt, top of the line Circa 1978 Am/Fm hand held radio with the Cryo treated Cadillac Chrome extendable antennae. I am not going to bring it as it would just overshadow that crappy Orpheus.

Dan

Feb 22, 2009 at 8:32 PM Post #145 of 507
Just discovered this. I will probably come, and bring some gear. It'll be my first meet if I can get the time away from the family. I look forward to meeting some of the characters behind the online names.
k701smile.gif

Feb 22, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #146 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottsmrnyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got you, Scott. It's not like I live on Head-Fi, you know
tongue_smile.gif

I do use the bathroom sometimes!

Feb 23, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #148 of 507
from the recent Southern meet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Packgrog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aside from these things, I have to admit having kind of a lousy time at this meet. Getting a $350+ speeding ticket on my way there was an especially bad start to the morning, but it didn't help that the room was simply too small and too crowded. There was a lot of amazing gear there, but I simply felt rushed and claustrophobic everywhere I went. I guess I'd been hoping for something more laid-back and low-key like the Chapel Hill meet last year, but with so many pros packed in to such a tiny space, it really wasn't the right place for fans with more budget-minded gear. I tried setting up some gear, but the few people who glanced at it either showed disinterest (including, amazingly, the ones who had previously expressed interest), or outright disdain (including one person who seemed to drop my beyers in disgust after seeing that they weren't top of the line). I don't know if it was simply my claustrophobia and early morning frustration talking, but this whole experience left me feeling very unwelcome. Perhaps it would have helped to have a second room, like the meet I'd attended in NYC, or perhaps I simply am out of place down here with budget gear. Either way, a larger room was definitely warranted for this meet.

i know we are getting the smaller room. at this point do we know how many vendors are attending. it's always great to have them as they bring such quality gear but given the room size we need to keep a good balance between vendors (esp since they generally take up more room) and head-fiers.

if interest from the vendors is great, we should possibly consider the larger room in addition to the smaller one. that way, no crowding. less noise. plenty of space to set up and listen. otherwise, maybe we should consider space restrictions.

something to think about. i know aaron has planned many meets. curious as to his thoughts on this issue.

Feb 23, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #149 of 507
Last time we had two rooms, the second room was basically unused. Its usually packed pretty tight but I dont think there were too many complaints. It would be awesome if the second room was closer to the first room though. That would help even out the traffic.

Feb 23, 2009 at 5:44 AM Post #150 of 507
Aaron has covered the room issue before (In the interest thread). The small room provides a great deal of flexibility and is significantly less expensive. If someone wants to donate the money necessary for a larger room I'm sure that everyone would be very appreciative, otherwise it's a little late to be complaining about the room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back