Official NYC Annual Spring Meet Saturday, March 21st
Feb 18, 2009 at 5:00 AM Post #91 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by Listens2tubes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh Man! That bit of clairvoyance got my eyes tearing.
bigsmile_face.gif

My floor is wet

Feb 18, 2009 at 5:02 AM Post #92 of 507
Scary, I know. But it enabled me not to get my hopes up about the Mets for the second half of the last 2 seasons.

Feb 18, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #95 of 507
I would like to attend this event. I just recently purchased my first set of "real headphones", is it ok for me to bring with me? Are we allowed to also test/listen to various amps at the show?

I am a noob to all of this...

Feb 18, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #96 of 507
If I can recommend a place for lunch, theres an awesome new-ish sandwich place that opened up on Bell Blvd (maybe 10-15 min walk?) called Press 195 (Press 195) Its not TOO expensive and the food is really good.

Feb 18, 2009 at 5:24 PM Post #97 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkwell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would like to attend this event.

COOL!
Quote:

I just recently purchased my first set of "real headphones"

COOLER!
Quote:

is it ok for me to bring with me? Are we allowed to also test/listen to various amps at the show?

Generally its OK, most people will have no problems with plugging whatever headphones into their amps. It is still polite to ask permission, but very few people will refuse (same for switching CDs). This is also a great way to break the ice with others and learn what gear is what.

Its also good to leave the system the way you found it: the CD that WAS in there should go back, same for headphones that were in the amp (at least leave some headphones plugged in)... These 2 things are (IME) the 2 most often ignored. I guess its good that they are small in the grand scheme of things, but why not make the world a better place?

PS: welcome to head-fi sorry about your wallet.

Feb 18, 2009 at 9:15 PM Post #100 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
COOL!

COOLER!

Generally its OK, most people will have no problems with plugging whatever headphones into their amps. It is still polite to ask permission, but very few people will refuse (same for switching CDs). This is also a great way to break the ice with others and learn what gear is what.

Its also good to leave the system the way you found it: the CD that WAS in there should go back, same for headphones that were in the amp (at least leave some headphones plugged in)... These 2 things are (IME) the 2 most often ignored. I guess its good that they are small in the grand scheme of things, but why not make the world a better place?

PS: welcome to head-fi sorry about your wallet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome Inkwell and hockeyb213.

If you have any questions, our esteemed member and confidant SiBurning has a beautiful website which should answer any and all questions:

Head-Fi Official NYC Annual Spring Meet Saturday, March 21, 2009--Gear List

Thank you for the response and welcome. I am clutching my wallet tight.
atsmile.gif

Feb 18, 2009 at 11:17 PM Post #101 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkwell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you for the response and welcome. I am clutching my wallet tight.
atsmile.gif

Resistance is futile!

Feb 19, 2009 at 2:24 AM Post #103 of 507
ok count me in for having my classic > 71a > my cans rig there along with a highly modded zhaolu and my macbook pro and also wanted dead or alive equipment I would really want a balanced b22 to be there I really would like to hear my balanced 650's on it fed by my zhaolu so I can get a clue of how my finished rig will sound like

Feb 19, 2009 at 3:04 AM Post #104 of 507
Oh yeah, I plan to go, have to get off work. Also a bit of a noob and nervous about so many phones so little time.
I don't have a car, so bringing amps isn't feasable.
I could bring my O2s, and Purple Heart Woodied CD3000s with balanced cable & SE adapter (I only have a SE system). I could also bring my recabled GS1K, but those are common enough, whereas no O2 sounds alike due to degree of wear on the pads
tongue.gif

Feb 19, 2009 at 10:17 PM Post #105 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Resistance is futile!

I'm beginning to see that now, as I spend more time on this forum, my wish list grows. My headphones just came in and I want another pair. (and an amp, and some custom cables, and better pads for the cups, and WOOD, wood anything)
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back