Official NYC Annual Spring Meet Saturday, March 21st
Feb 15, 2009 at 5:28 AM Post #61 of 507
3 parking lots owned by the hotel, Burger King lot across the street and free street parking 1 block off of Northern Blvd.

Feb 15, 2009 at 6:16 AM Post #62 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by blazeops /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a question for anyone familiar with the area. How is the parking?

Not a problem. Park either in the hotel parking lot itself or the lot of its twin hotel on the next block.

Feb 15, 2009 at 3:29 PM Post #64 of 507
It shouldn't affect any of your links. Only you should have any rights to your own web page. It's just a hyperlink to your link.

Did something get messed up? They all work for me.

Cool that the colors change every time you refresh.
cool.gif

Feb 15, 2009 at 10:07 PM Post #66 of 507
Meet-noob question:
Is it appropriate for one to bring his/her own source - e.g., an ipod with an LOD - to hear familiar music while listening to equipment at the meet?

Thanks.

Feb 15, 2009 at 11:46 PM Post #69 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does your LOD have an RCA IC termination?

Yup.

Are attendees that setup/demo their own equipment receptive to having visitors use their own sources?

Feb 15, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #70 of 507
i imagine a good deal of them will be, provided you ASK, and have them there at the time

i know id let you, were my setup capable of taking rca or minijack

Feb 15, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #71 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Doug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is this the same E-sound E5 that normally costs ~$1000 new!?

yep, thats the one.
The SQ of the player is 1000% worth the new price.
Well worth it if you can deal with the players little quirks.
Quote:

Originally Posted by nycbone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are attendees that setup/demo their own equipment receptive to having visitors use their own sources?

Depends
smily_headphones1.gif

Some people spend way a lot of time getting their gear set up a certain way, and may get a little ruffled if you unplug stuff, it also requires shutting most systems down to do it safely. Others would not mind letting you plug whatever into whatever. Just ask the owner of the system. OOH, its a good idea to bring a few CD's as a backup plan, most people have CD players and dont mind switching CD's at all.

Feb 16, 2009 at 12:03 AM Post #72 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yep, thats the one.
The SQ of the player is 1000% worth the new price.
Well worth it if you can deal with the players little quirks.

Depends
smily_headphones1.gif

Some people spend way a lot of time getting their gear set up a certain way, and may get a little ruffled if you unplug stuff, it also requires shutting most systems down to do it safely. Others would not mind letting you plug whatever into whatever. Just ask the owner of the system. OOH, its a good idea to bring a few CD's as a backup plan, most people have CD players and dont mind switching CD's at all.

That's a very good idea.

So: a handful of CDs, ipod, LOD with mini, LOD with RCA, headphones

Anything else I need?

I plan to attend.

Thanks.

Feb 16, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #73 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by nycbone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's a very good idea.

So: a handful of CDs, ipod, LOD with mini, LOD with RCA, headphones

Anything else I need?

I plan to attend.

Thanks.

I think you will be safe just bringing a CD.

Some people do go through a lot of effort setting up their equipment a certain way to get the best sound possible. You would have to ask everyone. CD's on the other hand are usually a safe bet. Even Ray lets you change CD's, and he's as much of a hard @$$ when it comes to his equipment as anyone I've known. ^_^ (I don't blame him either)

Feb 16, 2009 at 2:04 AM Post #74 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by SiBurning /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I meant the numbered post link next to the permalink in each post in this thread. Looks like: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/5425117-post67.html which previously would have been post 66. Err. um... had it been there at the time.

It shouldn't. I purposely reserved Post #3 for your link to Member's gear and FAQ's.
If I'm not getting you, Steve, drop me a PM or better yet, call me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back