Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread
Feb 4, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #7,321 of 10,664
  I have been looking for iPod parts for some time and have come across a few sites that carry those

You do realize you are not being helpful?  If you know somewhere specifically that has them in stock at a fair price, that would be helpful to those who are looking.  If you aren't sure if what you saw in the past is or is not available, you aren't adding anything to the conversation.

Feb 4, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #7,323 of 10,664

You do realize you are not being helpful?  If you know somewhere specifically that has them in stock at a fair price, that would be helpful to those who are looking.  If you aren't sure if what you saw in the past is or is not available, you aren't adding anything to the conversation.

I bought other parts off eBay and iDemigods and other sites and seen them there.,.. Sorry I haven't bought one but no one helped me and I found sites using Google... that's all

Feb 4, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #7,324 of 10,664
  I bought other parts off eBay and iDemigods and other sites and seen them there.,.. Sorry I haven't bought one but no one helped me and I found sites using Google... that's all

iDemigods is out of stock.  I contacted a few eBay sellers who sell iPod related items, but they were all out of stock as well.  My point was just that this item specifically, seems to be rather hard to find and that is why I was asking if anyone happened to see any as of lately.  

Originally Posted by potatotornado /img/forum/go_quote.gif

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thick-iPod-Video-60-80GB-5a-g-Classic-160gb-Headphone-Jack-Hold-flat-auricolare-/331167423243?hash=item4d1b1ddb0b:g:d7YAAOSw4iRWE35R

Enjoy!

Thanks potatotornado, that Italian listing is the only ones I could find as well.  Almost $22, but may be one of the only options at the moment.

I wonder if that VHT vinyl dye in black would do the job to a white set.  That stuff kinda melts into the plastic a tiny bit and doesn't really add thickness like regular paint.

Feb 5, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #7,327 of 10,664
Hi guys. Please help! Aside from not being able to search through songs, I have been happy with my dual 256 pny sd card tarkan 5.5 gen mod. I upgraded to the large battery a while ago. It seems the ribbon is too short I had to bend it and kind of stuff the battery in there to get it right. I think the short ribbon has made things too crowded and occasionally when I go to music, artist, album it is empty, then I do a quick reset and it is fine. Now the battery will no longer charge. Nor will the iPod connect to or show up on my mac. Never used rockbox btw. Help! Let me know if pics are necessary. I'm about to put the stock battery back in. It was pretty healthy. The iPod was in mint condition when I got it. 

stock battery is back in. it charges from a wall outlet, but nothing is happening when connected to the macbook pro. tried resetting both. 

Feb 5, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #7,330 of 10,664
  Hi guys. Please help! Aside from not being able to search through songs, I have been happy with my dual 256 pny sd card tarkan 5.5 gen mod. I upgraded to the large battery a while ago. It seems the ribbon is too short I had to bend it and kind of stuff the battery in there to get it right. I think the short ribbon has made things too crowded and occasionally when I go to music, artist, album it is empty, then I do a quick reset and it is fine. Now the battery will no longer charge. Nor will the iPod connect to or show up on my mac. Never used rockbox btw. Help! Let me know if pics are necessary. I'm about to put the stock battery back in. It was pretty healthy. The iPod was in mint condition when I got it. 

stock battery is back in. it charges from a wall outlet, but nothing is happening when connected to the macbook pro. tried resetting both. 

If you meant the 2000mAh battery, you need to fold the battery ribbon and face it down as I recall. It will be short if you try to face it up. Just mention this if you had the ribbon faced up. 

Feb 5, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #7,331 of 10,664
Yes the 2000mAh battery. I figured out how to fold the horizontal part that is at he top of the battery down then I folded the ribbon as far as it would go. Still didnt quite make it. I'll look around. I feel that there was some unnecessary stress on the battery ribbon an I believe it put stress on the 30 pin input area. As well as the Trojan adaptor. There just doesn't seem to be enough slack, by I'll try again. .

Feb 6, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #7,335 of 10,664
  Hey everyone,

could someone of you please be so kind and help me with my problem?
Ih have posted that a while ago.
It is the first post on page 488.

Please be so kind and help me.

Greets,
JULIA

That problem with the battery connector, is it broken in wich way? 
Since aomei reported badsector i recomend open the ipod and format and verify the msata directly on the computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back