Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread
Feb 2, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #7,306 of 10,664
Hey to all you cracks,

please be so kind and bear with me through this. 
I know the post is looooooong, but I am sooooo desperate.

I tried once again the task with the 1TB  mSata.
Tarkan was so kind to do the first try. He was able to load about (if I remember correctly) 750GB on the mSata.

But I am so unlucky. During the trip from GB to GER the partially broken battery connector clip loosened, the battery ribbon went out of its place and the RED X showed.
So I was able to reformat the 1TB with AOMEI, put it back into adapter and  restore ipod  showed.

I finally started the restore, the bar only went half through and after that fully.

But when extracting the software the "bar" first went only 1/2 through, then "started" again and the bar showed 1/4 progress.
After that it started from beginning again and went half through, stayed there a while, went to about 3/4 stayed there and then finally went through.
Is that the normal behaviour?

OK, here we go.  I first synced about 30GB.
Then in 4 or 5 intervalls I was able to sync about 250GB on the ipod.

Hello  RED X, but battery was still full after last syncing - I am using the dual fire wire/usb charger.

Used AOMEI.....  same thing as before happened when restoring ipod.
After restoring I first charged the ipod battery to full +2 hours.

Syncing 2 times without any trouble, it was about 90GB (first 30GB and then 60GB).
Charged battery again.  ipod showed full, so I let it charge for about 1 extra hour.

Wanted to sync another 50GB, connected the ipod to my laptop.
Windows wanted to check and repair the mSata when connecting. Did not pay any intention to that.
Started the syncing, but  almost immediately got the itunes error  -1392.
AOMEI though says that there are no bad sectors at all.

There is no corruption on my itunes files. All my other ipods sync without any trouble.
They just carry 500GB mSata or the regular hard drive.

PLEASE, DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA what the problem could possibly be.

Greets,
JULIA

Feb 2, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #7,307 of 10,664
  hav you connected the transmitter ground to the ipod chassis?

On the mini I was using the ground in the 4-pin connector next to the headphone jack.  I'll try grounding right to the chassis tonight.  I also want to try splicing right into the ipod battery wires, guessing its back feeding and won't help, but im curious.  I'll have to open up my 5.5 and look where I grounded it.  Its been awhile since I messed with that one.  I am using two different transmitters and have the same issue with both.  Someone that understands electronics better must have some ideas.  Way to isolate a separate power circuit or clean up the power?

Feb 3, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #7,308 of 10,664

Yeh I've heard of that issue before and that's part of my reservation.

At the same time, some folks have had no issues with it, so I'm wondering

Here are the photos of the 5.5 with the Bluetooth transmitter installed inside the case.  It's my coworkers and I haven't looked at it since we set it up over a year ago.  When I popped it open, I pulled the ground cable loose.  I tried grounding it to the chassis as someone suggested, but still having the same issue, tons of background noise.  Coworker used a little Instamorph to raise and hold the transmitter in place.  The battery fits over the transmitter.  I think he is using the thin headphone jack and hold switch.  I noticed they looked a little sunken in.  It does power up and pair perfectly. 

Feb 4, 2016 at 2:56 AM Post #7,311 of 10,664
Hi all, my google-fu has failed me. I want to tweak my build a little - are 6/7th gen headphone jack and hold switches compatible with 5th gen boards? I have a black back and want a matching set of ports :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back