Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread
Aug 5, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #6,257 of 10,664

One thing, the centre button seems to be stuck down, I really have to push to select tracks.  Is this a simple fix?

Yes, a simple fix. You'll be taking it apart anyway, you can get the center button / clickwheel cheap on ebay. The reason it's stuck down is that it's come off center. The mechanism under the button requires the button to be centered to press properly.

Aug 7, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #6,258 of 10,664
I have some issues with my dock Pure i-20 and my 3 mSata SSD Ipod (1 Evo840 1tb, 1 evo840 500Gb, 1 Crucial M500 480Gb) when the IPods are not fully charged: it suddently stop a song , the Ipod lights up and plays the song where it were stopped. It sounds like a pause of 2 seconds. I have the same problem with 3 différents pure i-20. All IPods have tarkan iflash and 2000mah batteries.
I don ´ t have this issue in car and when the Ipod is not charging while playing
I don ´ t have the issue with Pure i-20 when the IPods are fully charged

Aug 9, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #6,261 of 10,664
Yes , ipod classic 7thgen, using a kingston 256gb sdxc card and tarkan adapter, with an arcam drdock/CA id100 using the digital outputs or analogue outputs to a project box dac rs. The skips/dropouts seem to happen at the end of each track. Also i tested not connected to a dock, but through the line out of the 30pin connector on the ipod, to a portable amp, and no dropouts or skips at all. I might try replacing the new battery back to the old battery and a different sdxc card, and finally try and workout whats doing what.

Aug 9, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #6,262 of 10,664
One thing, the centre button seems to be stuck down, I really have to push to select tracks.  Is this a simple fix?

Yes, once you have the front faceplate off, you will see a small round rubber pad that should be stuck onto the very center of the middle button on the mainboard.

What has happened is that it shifted to one side. It should still have adhesive on it and you should be able to reposition it, but if not you need some screen repair tape to hold it in place. It gets stuck to the button on the mainboard and not the external button cover that you press with your finger.

Mine seems to be fine after I put it back where it belongs.

Aug 10, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #6,266 of 10,664
This is a better deal until 512GB drops in price.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00WWBCS1Y/ref=dp_ob_neva_mobile

Aug 10, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #6,269 of 10,664
  just bought a 'similar' pny 256gb card from pc world for far too much, fingers crossed.........

Ouch, but that's probably where you'd be if customs were added onto the one from the states, plus you get it a bit quicker.  Amazon do have the kingston sdxc card in for £86 or so but not sure if it's compatible or not.  Anyone tried it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back