Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread
Jul 10, 2015 at 12:45 AM Post #6,123 of 10,664
I think this will fit the thicker iPod Video model. Someone in the reviews said it fit his 60gb Video.

http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-Technology-9973-CLR5G-iClear-Video/dp/B000FLRXKO/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

There is nothing covering the click wheel though.

Quote:
Guys. What low profile case do you recommend for a 5.5 gen 80gb ipod? I usually like hard plastic. Bought one and it doesn't fit. eBay is confusing when it comes to this accessory.

Jul 10, 2015 at 3:36 AM Post #6,125 of 10,664
A couple of Questions (probably dumb).

I just came across a MB150LL Ipod as it is a 160 GB model - why is the mod for it limited to 128GB?

Also I cannot see it in itunes but it shows up on the win 7 64bit as a removable disk, when clicked on it says please insert a disk into the removable drive. It has music on it and plays just fine, it it possible that it was originally set up on a MAC and that is why there is an issue?.

Any possible work around?

Thanks

Jul 10, 2015 at 4:01 AM Post #6,126 of 10,664
Yeah it's weird that the 160GB thick Classic is crippled to 128GB but it comes with a 160GB dual platter drive. Don't know why.

You can check in the About screen to see if it's a Mac or Windows formatted.

Jul 10, 2015 at 8:41 AM Post #6,127 of 10,664
I've had just the absolute worst luck trying to disassemble Apple products in the past, so I'm interested in finding someone who can do this mod for me. I'm looking for any model iPod classic (though 7th generation would be preferred) modded for either ~240GB or ~500GB, depending on the costs. I don't know if anyone on here actually does this or if it's even allowed, but I really would have absolutely no idea what I would be doing, and I don't really have time to sift through 400+ pages of this thread to find recent, relevant information on how to do it. Could anyone offer an estimate on how much a pre-modded iPod would be? This would be primarily for use in my car, so I don't really care all that much about how it looks as long as it works reliably.

PM me. I have a spare 7.5g that is waiting for a mod to be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back