Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread
Jun 4, 2015 at 7:35 AM Post #6,016 of 10,664
  This guy cheated me, I ordered battery in February and battery never comes... He dont want to back money... Beware....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/191209866425?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I've bought a few from him with no problems*.
If it was lost in the post (happens sometimes), you can always make an ebay/paypal claim.
edit - oh, if it was outside of ebay, not sure what you do.

* I managed to break the connector on two of them!  Anyone know anyway of repairing that, by the way?  Those ribbon cables are annoyingly fragile.

Jun 4, 2015 at 7:41 AM Post #6,017 of 10,664

I've bought a few from him with no problems.
If it was lost in the post (happens sometimes), you can always make an ebay/paypal claim.
edit - oh, if it was outside of ebay, not sure what you do.

Nothing I can do, can make bad commercial for him here... only that.... Im angry becouse he dont want to answer me..

Jun 4, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #6,020 of 10,664

Yes, its annoying when something doesn't turn up - but no need to insult a billion people over one missing battery!

+1 

It's a sensitive stuff and very offensive to bring that kind of thing here. I don't even think that this is the right place to rant about your purchases since eBay and PayPal would probably help you with your complaints. 

Jun 4, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #6,023 of 10,664
Hi everyone,

My 5.5 generation iPod Video had been giving me problems. It took ages loading a song and it'd freeze for about 20 seconds every other song while playing. Hoping to fix this, I installed a 30gb CF-card, using Tarkans adapter. This didn't do much to change things though.

I've tried quite a lot of things to try and fix the problem I'm having. I've restored it, downgraded the firmware, tried rockbox (didn't like it at all), but nothing seemed to solve it. The problem also occurs when the iPod is charging.

I've pretty much tried every Google search combination describing the problem, but I found not a single soul having the same problems. I've searched this thread too, but had no luck (and its 400+ pages).

I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problems I have or if someone has a suggestion on how to try and fix it.

Thanks in advance,

Jotie

Jun 4, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #6,024 of 10,664
  Hi everyone,

My 5.5 generation iPod Video had been giving me problems. It took ages loading a song and it'd freeze for about 20 seconds every other song while playing. Hoping to fix this, I installed a 30gb CF-card, using Tarkans adapter. This didn't do much to change things though.

I've tried quite a lot of things to try and fix the problem I'm having. I've restored it, downgraded the firmware, tried rockbox (didn't like it at all), but nothing seemed to solve it. The problem also occurs when the iPod is charging.

I've pretty much tried every Google search combination describing the problem, but I found not a single soul having the same problems. I've searched this thread too, but had no luck (and its 400+ pages).

I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problems I have or if someone has a suggestion on how to try and fix it.

Thanks in advance,

Jotie

Did you formated CF card to FAT32 before?

Jun 4, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #6,026 of 10,664
  Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance,

Jotie

What Jobah said is the only thing that occurs to me. 

Normally I'd say the original problem sounds like a failing hard-drive, but if the problem is exactly the same with the card perhaps its the logic board (or _is_ it exactly the same, or a different problem now?)

How about the drive cable?  Have you tested the original hd in an external enclosure?  ipod diagnostics for the things other than the drive? (though I don't find them very helpful!).

Jun 4, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #6,027 of 10,664
  No, I did that afterwards. I don't have a connector to connect the CF-card to my pc.

Probably worth getting one and trying that - I'm not at all sure you can format it properly when its in the ipod - the 5.5 gen doesn't really present the 'true' drive to the PC, I think it only shows it a kind of 'virtual' drive.

Jun 4, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #6,029 of 10,664
* I managed to break the connector on two of them!  Anyone know anyway of repairing that, by the way?  Those ribbon cables are annoyingly fragile.

Have u tried using a ribbon cable from an old battery and try putting it on the broken one? Wonder if that's possible.

Soldering the 2 parts is just not feasible since its so thin that it could bridge and short out and battery would explode.

Jun 5, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #6,030 of 10,664
  Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance,

Jotie

I had a similar problem, in my case it was a defective zif ribbon.

Have u tried using a ribbon cable from an old battery and try putting it on the broken one? Wonder if that's possible.

Soldering the 2 parts is just not feasible since its so thin that it could bridge and short out and battery would explode.

I managed to restore a ribbon cable by pressing the cut with a soldering iron but it will break easily so its not a good option also the chip will cut the power in case of a bridge.
You can open the battery and change the ribbon+chip using one from a death ipod battery or you can buy a new 3$ battery just for the chip+ribbon if you want to restore the 2000mah one is worth it, you will need to know how to use a soldering iron and be extremely cautious, dont let the iron or the hot soldering wire touch the battery since it can end in an explosion, and isolate all the soldering when you are finished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back