Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread
Jul 16, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #3,259 of 10,664
As previously stated, I received my 2000mAh battery from eBay and I have it installed in my Compact Flash iMod. Therefore, I decided to do a battery test

Here are my results against the other batteries: 

Cameron Sino 700mAh: 16 hours and 38 minutes of continuous music playback 
Upstart Battery 850mAh: 18 hours and 12 minutes of continuous music playback
2000mAh: 47 hours and 50 minutes of continuous music playback 

*Please note all batteries were fully charged before being tested

Jul 16, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #3,260 of 10,664
  As previously stated, I received my 2000mAh battery from eBay and I have it installed in my Compact Flash iMod. Therefore, I decided to do a battery test

2000mAh: 45 hours and 44 minutes of continuous music playback so far (still playing, will post final run-time when depleted) 

*Please note all batteries were fully charged before being tested

Those 2000mAh batteries are pretty amazing right?

Jul 16, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #3,263 of 10,664
  Sweet, I apologize if I missed your post but how did you manage to pit the battery with the CF card adapter?  Did you file down the CF to ZIF adapter?

Nope, I flatten the battery ribbon, so it did not bulge up to take space. I then taped the battery to the black-plate and put a piece of foam between the battery and lcd screen so the battery sits evenly. Then I close the front-plate and back-plate carefully. It will snap in place once they are lined up properly. You will need to put some pressure when you snap them together because the CF card adapter will bulge up a little (about 1.5-2mm) if you don't. 

Jul 16, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #3,264 of 10,664

Nope, I flatten the battery ribbon, so it did not bulge up to take space. I then taped the battery to the black-plate and put a piece of foam between the battery and lcd screen so the battery sits evenly. Then I close the front-plate and back-plate carefully. It will snap in place once they are lined up properly. You will need to put some pressure when you snap them together because the CF card adapter will bulge up a little (about 1.5-2mm) if you don't. 

And you used the same battery I used? I ask because Alex also sells a shorter version of the battery

See below:

Jul 17, 2014 at 5:55 AM Post #3,265 of 10,664
I'm using the original HDD right now and listening to high bitrate files (2000 kbps and up) while the equalizer is on slows down the iPod considerably it makes the audio stutter a lot as well. Does changing to an SDD or a CF remedy this?

Jul 17, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #3,267 of 10,664
Yes, I used the same battery except mine has the yellow wrapping and yours is blue... You need to make sure it is lined up properly before you put some force to snap the back-plate and front-plate together. If it doesn't line up, it won't snap together. Before I snapped the front and back together, I measured the back-plate and the battery with the compact flash adapter on top of each other. It fits perfectly with only about 1mm to 1.5mm to spare once I closed my iMod.

My battery: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/191209866425?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Quote:
  And you used the same battery I used? I ask because Alex also sells a shorter version of the battery

See below:

Jul 18, 2014 at 6:32 AM Post #3,269 of 10,664
45 hours is crazy. I'm definitely going to get that battery. I don't know why I haven't yet. Probably because I'm saving for a pair of Westone UM3X IEMs, or some kind nice triple driver IEMs. But that battery life will be awesome for trips. Not needing to charge at all. :D

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Jul 18, 2014 at 7:29 AM Post #3,270 of 10,664
45 hours is crazy. I'm definitely going to get that battery. I don't know why I haven't yet. Probably because I'm saving for a pair of Westone UM3X IEMs, or some kind nice triple driver IEMs. But that battery life will be awesome for trips. Not needing to charge at all.
biggrin.gif

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Ot but any reason on the um3x?  They've been pretty much discontinued at this point!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back