Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread
Jul 8, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #3,226 of 10,664
  I guess I misunderstood then.
I was talking about those adapters that make 2 SD in 1 CF as shown here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/566780/official-ipod-video-classic-5g-5-5g-6g-6-5g-7g-ssd-mod-thread/3165#post_10672747

I suppose the best thing to do is to buy a SD to CF adapter with a 128GB SDXC and later buy one 256gb SDXC when they become cheaper.

Actually the PNY 256GB card can be bought for $99 in the US, the problem is that everything gets corrupted after 131GB of files transferred.

Jul 8, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #3,227 of 10,664
Guys can somebody brief me in the TeraPod updates and new firmware on the 5.5G ? I will be reading tomorrow the last 25 pages but I am looking for some quick breaking news.

Yesterday I just bought my new Sennheiser HD25 ALUs and now all I need left is my music in my pocket :) thanks

See post 3165. TeraPod is working great with BeyondWind's RockBox update. I have three: two 5.5s and one 5.0. I've loaded about 600gb on each. What specific info are you looking for?

Jul 10, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #3,229 of 10,664
I try to make my Ipod work with a Tarkan CF Adapter in combination with the CF->SD adapter. I have bought a Qumox 128gb SD card.

I had to reformat the card from ExFat to FAT32 with the program AOMEI Partition Assistant according to this method:
http://www.tarkan.info/20140310/tutorials/prepare-sdxc-exfat-for-use-with-the-ipod

Everything worked exactly as in that manual and the card is recognized with the full capacity and when I click on properties (My Computer) it shows it has now the FAT32 format.

But... it's not working yet because when I start Itunes it needs a long time with connecting but in the end I receive this sad face symbol:
http://s2.hubimg.com/u/172257_f260.jpg

- Despite the fact, that it looks like I could reformat the card via my SD slot in my laptop without problems,... could it be that the problem still needs to be found in this area?
Because I didn't had a CF adapter to usb to do that job.

And the Tarkan manual says, that it might not be working (or even be damaging) when it is not done by a SDXC slot. But I don't know if I have one in my laptop and can't find any information about that. And the formatting looked like it went well...

So how do I know if the reformatting went well? Or that I need to look for the cause of this problem in a total different area..?

Jul 12, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #3,232 of 10,664
See post 3165. TeraPod is working great with BeyondWind's RockBox update. I have three: two 5.5s and one 5.0. I've loaded about 600gb on each. What specific info are you looking for?

I remember it was working only under Rockbox and that the battery life wasn't so great.

I remember that the new iFlash Tarkan would resolve the heating issues, or was that BeyondWind's firmware.

I was out of touch for the past 3 months and I vaguely remember all the details.
All I want is a TB 80gb 5.5G with decent battery life.

The Sir above me wrote that the 2000mAh would fit the 5.5g only witH Tarkan.

Again, sorry for this mess of a post, that is why I am asking for a complete review-briefing on the Terapod and about that big battery.

Jul 12, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #3,233 of 10,664
I remember it was working only under Rockbox and that the battery life wasn't so great.

I remember that the new iFlash Tarkan would resolve the heating issues, or was that BeyondWind's firmware.

I was out of touch for the past 3 months and I vaguely remember all the details.
All I want is a TB 80gb 5.5G with decent battery life.

The Sir above me wrote that the 2000mAh would fit the 5.5g only witH Tarkan.

Again, sorry for this mess of a post, that is why I am asking for a complete review-briefing on the Terapod and about that big battery.

Well, it depends on your expectations. Yes, i would recommend working the TeraPod only under RB, but that's because the iTunes db has a limit somewhere around 60k entries. If you are at 1T, using the standard Apple file formats, you are likely to exceed 60k files. But, the TeraPod will work with iTiunes firmware, you just don't get to take full advantage.

The battery life is ok. I get approximately 8 hours on a full charge with the 850mAh battery. I haven't tested it to the zero limit because when it reaches that point the chip has to be reset. No files are lost, but it is a hassle.

I am looking forward to the new Tarkan mSata adapter. Cmarti has been able to use the 2000mAh battery with it and i also want to try that with the TeraPod. I've ordered the 2000k battery, and I am very interested in testing it in the standard non-Tarkan TeraPod.

Jul 12, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #3,234 of 10,664

Can I install Beyondwind's Rockbox patch on my 5.5g even though I don't have a microSATA chip yet? I want to make sure my iPod's firmware is ready when I do the mod. If yes,can someone post the instructions on how to install the patch? The link on Beyondwind's website is dead.

Jul 13, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #3,235 of 10,664
Any iPod modder's comfortable enough to do a repair on the board for me? I replaced the HD and back plate yesterday and when I was reattaching the battery tab, I bent some of the tiny pins that the lock is attached to. HELP!

Jul 13, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #3,236 of 10,664
Probably easier to just get a new board :frowning2:

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Jul 13, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #3,237 of 10,664
And @Imod you'll have to reinstall the firmware when you switch to the ssd. So no sense in using it now.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Jul 13, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #3,240 of 10,664
  @Cmarti: Do you think the 2000 mAH battery will fit with the  "iFlash iPod CF Adapter" adapter?

(you talked about the Iflash adapter but I didn't knew which one you ment: the "iFlash iPod CF Adapter" or the "iFlash-Sata" adapter")
regular_smile .gif

And if you take for example a 'fat backplate', I think then other options will also be available with that 2000 mAH battery.. or am I wrong with that statement? :)

It fits... I received my 2000mah battery yesterday and I just tried it in my 128gb CF iMod. However, you need to flatten the battery cable so it doesn't bulge up and take up the millimetres of space. When you close the ipod, you need to line it up and put pressure on the bottom, top, and sides and you will hear the clips snap right in :)  

In addition, I put a piece of foam between the battery and lcd screen, but you do not need too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back