Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread
Feb 3, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #2,191 of 10,664
  Sorry guys, don't know where else to ask this. 

Has anyone dealt with Tarkan recently? I've emailed him twice now within the last 3 weeks from his website's "Contact" form, and I haven't heard back from him.
Is he still actively selling his iFlash adapters?--I'd like to buy a couple from him 
smile.gif

Thanks in advance!

I assume you have been looking here :-

http://www.tarkan.info/store

yes?

Feb 3, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #2,192 of 10,664

I assume you have been looking here :-

http://www.tarkan.info/store

yes?

Yep, exactly there. Specifically I used the Contact form here: http://www.tarkan.info/contact

I haven't received any response from him, so I don't know if he is still actively maintaining/selling stuff on his store.
Reason why I'm hesitant to just order from there is, I'd rather know that he is still selling before I just pay him for something :D

Feb 3, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #2,193 of 10,664
Thanks David, I think the compact flash cards are probably going to be too expensive do you know what type of sd cards they take and would that require an adaptor?

eta: why is it you believe the 7th gen dosent do the ssd mod? it seems from the op of this tread the ssd for 7th gen worked, i know the op is quite old now so has there been some change?
thanks

Depends what you mean by ssd.  Tarkan adaptor and card work fine.  If you trawl back a fair few pages then you'll see that the msata mod doesn't work on the 7th with quite a few users reporting failure.

Cheers

Feb 3, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #2,194 of 10,664

Yep, exactly there. Specifically I used the Contact form here: http://www.tarkan.info/contact

I haven't received any response from him, so I don't know if he is still actively maintaining/selling stuff on his store.
Reason why I'm hesitant to just order from there is, I'd rather know that he is still selling before I just pay him for something :D

I received one from him a couple of weeks ago. Email him tarkan@tarkan.info.

I had ordered quite a few from him in the past and he is generally responsive and reliable. Worry free to deal with.

Alternatively, you can also buy the same adapters from here:

http://www.idemigods.com/iFlash_Video_iPod_Compact_Flash_Adapter_p/iflsh_v2.0.htm

I did that too.

Feb 3, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #2,195 of 10,664

I received one from him a couple of weeks ago. Email him tarkan@tarkan.info.

I had ordered quite a few from him in the past and he is generally responsive and reliable. Worry free to deal with.

Alternatively, you can also buy the same adapters from here:

http://www.idemigods.com/iFlash_Video_iPod_Compact_Flash_Adapter_p/iflsh_v2.0.htm

I did that too.

Hey - sweet! Thanks. I will try emailing him directly.

Didn't know about the idemigods website. It might actually be faster to order from there for me, since I'm in Canada.

Thanks a lot :)

Feb 3, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #2,197 of 10,664
  Sorry guys, don't know where else to ask this. 

Has anyone dealt with Tarkan recently? I've emailed him twice now within the last 3 weeks from his website's "Contact" form, and I haven't heard back from him.
Is he still actively selling his iFlash adapters?--I'd like to buy a couple from him 
smile.gif

Thanks in advance!

Yeah, it was the same for me. Just submit the payment and you will not get a tracking number but it will still show to your door.

Feb 3, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #2,198 of 10,664
Yeah, it was the same for me. Just submit the payment and you will not get a tracking number but it will still show to your door.

from the picture on Tarkans site for the iFlash iPod CF adapter it looks like it might be possible with a little case moding to be able remove the sd card with the case on, would this be possible?

Feb 4, 2014 at 1:58 AM Post #2,200 of 10,664
Love this thread!

I've got a couple of old iPods I'm thinking of upgrading, an iPod Mini 2G and an iPod Video 5.5G. I think I'm going to go with a straight CF card upgrade for the mini, but I'm not sure about the iPod Video. It's one of the thicker 80GB models. If I put an SSD ZIF drive or a CF card in there, could I replace the old 80GB back with a 30GB one to thin it down? Or even an 80G 6G back? From what I've read, the 5.5G and 6G have the same dimensions; I realize that doesn't mean they'd be compatible, but I don't have one to physically compare. I'm guessing maybe the ports between the thicker and thinner models don't match, but I can't seem to find that information anywhere. Has anyone replaced the back panel during an upgrade?

Feb 4, 2014 at 2:23 AM Post #2,201 of 10,664
  Love this thread!

I've got a couple of old iPods I'm thinking of upgrading, an iPod Mini 2G and an iPod Video 5.5G. I think I'm going to go with a straight CF card upgrade for the mini, but I'm not sure about the iPod Video. It's one of the thicker 80GB models. If I put an SSD ZIF drive or a CF card in there, could I replace the old 80GB back with a 30GB one to thin it down? Or even an 80G 6G back? From what I've read, the 5.5G and 6G have the same dimensions; I realize that doesn't mean they'd be compatible, but I don't have one to physically compare. I'm guessing maybe the ports between the thicker and thinner models don't match, but I can't seem to find that information anywhere. Has anyone replaced the back panel during an upgrade?

Yes you can replace the old 80GB back for a slim 30GB back.  You will need a slimmer battery, switch & headphone output for the iPod video 30GB,  as well.

Feb 4, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #2,203 of 10,664
 Or even an 80G 6G back? From what I've read, the 5.5G and 6G have the same dimensions; I realize that doesn't mean they'd be compatible, but I don't have one to physically compare. I'm guessing maybe the ports between the thicker and thinner models don't match, but I can't seem to find that information anywhere. Has anyone replaced the back panel during an upgrade?

I've done this before, my 256gb mSATA iPod video has an 7th gen classic back cover which is the same (minus the inscription in the back) to the 80gb iPod classic.  It fit's perfectly, but like when using the 30gb back cover you need a new battery and the slim hold switch and headphone jack ribbon cable.

Feb 4, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #2,204 of 10,664
I've done this before, my 256gb mSATA iPod video has an 7th gen classic back cover which is the same (minus the inscription in the back) to the 80gb iPod classic.  It fit's perfectly, but like when using the 30gb back cover you need a new battery and the slim hold switch and headphone jack ribbon cable.

Do the thinner batteries affect playback time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back