Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread
Apr 12, 2015 at 3:53 AM Post #5,611 of 10,664
Album art definitely does. I think with rockbox you can just have an image file in the folder so you don't have to have it in every file. When I get the Mini I will strip all album art work. iTunes used to have an check box for album art work when loading iPods which seems to have gone away for some reason. It even loads artwork to my shuffle which is kind of stupid.

Apr 12, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #5,613 of 10,664
  Pretty sure the iPod Mini strips the album art.  I had about 19000 songs on my iPod Mini.

If not, its probably a pain to do with that many tunes because iTunes will only let you do an album at a time by selecting the whole album and getting info and selecting art and deleting. The option to "delete downloaded artwork" isn't in the menu when you right click but "get track names" is. This is also pretty stupid because this almost never works unless you ripped the CD in iTunes and who wouldn't have the song titles already? I want to get artwork on my nano only because it seems to be corrupt and mixed up a few and they only way to fix it is to remove the albums and copy them back on so Ive been lazy.

Anyways, I wonder why they took out the checkbox to remove artwork while loading iPods. I guess it isn't a feature thats important on iPhones and iPads.

Apr 12, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #5,614 of 10,664
Well I finally did it. I broke down and got the Sony ZX2 with the extra 128GB microSD card. I am out of the iPod game. I still have one fully refurbished 256GB Classic, completed and a fully refurbished Classic, minus the SD card but comes with the Tarkan adapter. Not gonna put the money out for a memory card. Also have a spare Tarkan mSata adapter that would come with it so you could do either SDXC or mSata.

Apr 12, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #5,615 of 10,664
Well I finally did it. I broke down and got the Sony ZX2 with the extra 128GB microSD card. I am out of the iPod game. I still have one fully refurbished 256GB Classic, completed and a fully refurbished Classic, minus the SD card but comes with the Tarkan adapter. Not gonna put the money out for a memory card. Also have a spare Tarkan mSata adapter that would come with it so you could do either SDXC or mSata.

Sony ZX2, 1200$ What?!  Here in Serbia we only can dream about it :frowning2:

Apr 12, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #5,616 of 10,664
Has anyone use the eBay adapters zif to sd instead of Tarzan adapter?

Yes, I try lot of them....
This one work ok in 5th Gen iPod Video but not in 6th and 7th Generation:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CF-Card-to-1-8-inch-ZIF-Adapter-for-IPOD-BG-/151547438976?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2348ee6780

This one work ok in 6th Gen 120GB but not in 5th Gen:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CF-To-1-8-40-Pin-CE-ZIF-SSD-HDD-Adapter-Converter-w-2-CE-Cables-/121279710576?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c3cd58570

This SDXC to CF work ok for cards 128GB or less:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SDHC-SD-MMC-SDHC-SDXC-To-Compact-Flash-CF-Card-Type-II-Adapter-Work-Well-/390875594978?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5b020040e2

I think he may be talking about something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SD-SDHC-MMC-Card-to-1-8-ZIF-LIF-CE-SSD-Adapter-40pin-ZIF-LIF-cable-/111091174857

It appears to skip the CF adapter and goes straight from SD card to ZIF. It looks to me like it might be too big physically to fit, but I don't know for sure. Also, I have absolutely no idea if this would be compatible with the iPod. It's $21 from China. Is it worth a try?

It's an interesting idea to go straight from SD to ZIF, since SD is so much cheaper than CF. And you could get rid of one extra adapter, set of contacts, solder joints, etc.

Apr 12, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #5,617 of 10,664

I think he may be talking about something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SD-SDHC-MMC-Card-to-1-8-ZIF-LIF-CE-SSD-Adapter-40pin-ZIF-LIF-cable-/111091174857

It appears to skip the CF adapter and goes straight from SD card to ZIF. It looks to me like it might be too big physically to fit, but I don't know for sure. Also, I have absolutely no idea if this would be compatible with the iPod. It's $21 from China. Is it worth a try?

It's an interesting idea to go straight from SD to ZIF, since SD is so much cheaper than CF. And you could get rid of one extra adapter, set of contacts, solder joints, etc.

yes I think it could work but it doesnt support UHS-I card so max is 128, 64 or 32 Gb SD card... 128GB are very rare...

Apr 12, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #5,619 of 10,664

Those things are expensive. What made jump out of the iPod game?

Apr 12, 2015 at 7:41 PM Post #5,623 of 10,664
Checking the ssd, different softwares found some bad sectors and that point is when the format process stops. Have anyone encounter a similar situation? I'm getting rid of it anyway but I wonder if I should take again the risk in the future.

Apr 13, 2015 at 2:56 AM Post #5,624 of 10,664
A lot of people in this thread want to use the 2000mAh battery with the tarkan adapter but it won't fit even with the large case. Would it be possible to make a new back cover that can accommodate the larger battery?

Apr 13, 2015 at 3:04 AM Post #5,625 of 10,664
A lot of people in this thread want to use the 2000mAh battery with the tarkan adapter but it won't fit even with the large case. Would it be possible to make a new back cover that can accommodate the larger battery?

You can use tarkan iFlash and generic chinese SD to CF adapter Type I , up to 128GB memory card... It can fit with 2000mAh battery...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back