Official Hong Kong Thread (Shops, Meets, Events and more-)
Apr 28, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #317 of 421
smaragd thank you for the information.  I'll check prices as I get closer to my trip date.

May 8, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #319 of 421
My brother is going to Hong Kong in a week and I would like him to buy me a decent tube amp for my DT880 headphones (I'm from South Africa). Max $300 US dollars. Do any of you know of any excellent stores with cheap prices, close to the Marco Polo hotel, next to Kowloon Park, in Kowloon, that will have amps for sale? Also, do you perhaps know of any amps that might be available there? I will also try to email the store.

Also any recommendations would be helpful!

Thanks!

May 9, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #320 of 421
My brother is going to Hong Kong in a week and I would like him to buy me a decent tube amp for my DT880 headphones (I'm from South Africa). Max $300 US dollars. Do any of you know of any excellent stores with cheap prices, close to the Marco Polo hotel, next to Kowloon Park, in Kowloon, that will have amps for sale? Also, do you perhaps know of any amps that might be available there? I will also try to email the store.

Also any recommendations would be helpful!

Thanks!

Mong Kok have many audio stores such as Jaben, DMA and Kingsound that have nice amps for sale. 

May 9, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #321 of 421
Do any of you perhaps know if I'll be able to buy the Matrix M-Stage headphone amp in Hong Kong and for how much? I went to amp the store website links on the first page of this thread but I can't seem to find one selling the m-stage.

Matrix seems to be a Chinese brand if I'm correct so there should be a store that stocks it?

May 12, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #322 of 421
Do any of you perhaps know if I'll be able to buy the Matrix M-Stage headphone amp in Hong Kong and for how much? I went to amp the store website links on the first page of this thread but I can't seem to find one selling the m-stage.

Matrix seems to be a Chinese brand if I'm correct so there should be a store that stocks it?

Hi, in my experience, to buy Chinese made products such as those from Matrix, the best deal is to order from a Shenzhen trading company and have them deliver it to you in Hong Kong. PM me if you want to try this route.

If you choose to buy in store, I believe DMA carries most Matrix products.

Cheers!

May 19, 2015 at 4:59 AM Post #323 of 421
Hi, thanks for the help.

Unfortunately my brother is currently in Hong Kong for only a few days so I doubt there is enough time to get something sent from China. But I will contact you now via PM to find out about this for future reference. Thanks!

May 19, 2015 at 5:03 AM Post #324 of 421
I have a quick question for users from Hong Kong. Is the Mingo store a reputable store? My brother is going to buy a little dot MKIII from them for me but I would like to avoid getting a counterfeit version. So I would like to find out if you guys would recommend that store and what I can do to avoid getting a counterfeit version. I've read on the internet that there are a few counterfeit little dot amps on the market?

Also, do you perhaps know how to identify a real / counterfeit LD MKIII?

Thanks.

May 19, 2015 at 5:24 AM Post #325 of 421
I have a quick question for users from Hong Kong. Is the Mingo store a reputable store? My brother is going to buy a little dot MKIII from them for me but I would like to avoid getting a counterfeit version. So I would like to find out if you guys would recommend that store and what I can do to avoid getting a counterfeit version. I've read on the internet that there are a few counterfeit little dot amps on the market?

Also, do you perhaps know how to identify a real / counterfeit LD MKIII?

Thanks.

Mingo is a reputable store, 100%.

Can't say anything for the LD MKIII.

Aug 4, 2015 at 5:01 AM Post #329 of 421
  Can someone help with which DMA audio store has the 380 demo unit?

Thanks.

The one at 21/F., Mongkok Metro, 
594-596 Nathan Road, Kowloon 

wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back