Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread
Jul 16, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #1,126 of 3,817
I'm not 100% sure why it is so...I have the 560, designed in a similar way, comfortable as can be. I think something happened to the angle of the curve of the inner headband when they made it smaller, all the pressure seems to focus at the very top (middle of the band) instead of spreading across the band, as I'm sure was intended. Does better opened wider than closed to smaller size (but I have a small head, so cups not in best place...the wrap does the trick, though)

I don't find it too small (have a small head), BUT it IS uncomfortable, have to use a wrap on cushion to use it, puts pressure on the top of my head (shiny top) and is uncomfortable without the band, OK with it.

Thanks. Is it uncomfy due to the weight of the phone causing the strap to put pressure downward on your head? Just trying to understand.
So how many hek owners have the new smaller band? Any comments on the fit ? Thx again.

Jul 16, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #1,128 of 3,817
OK, thanks again. What is the "wrap" you are using if you don't mind yet another question here?

I find the HE1000 to be very similar to the 560 in comfort.

The Ether is the most comfortable planar I have tried, but the SQ wasn't my cup of tea.

Jul 16, 2015 at 2:05 PM Post #1,130 of 3,817
Mine is supposed to be the latest and greatest as well, but, head shapes/sizes/hair content do vary (Others, not many but some, have had the same problem I did). I also find the 560 very comfortable, limited to the HEK. The post on the wrap is earlier in one of these HEK threads, I also have a package at home. Too busy at work to search now (really shouldn't be posting...), I can check tonight, definitely can take a picture of the wrap I have at home.

Jul 16, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #1,132 of 3,817
Hey thanks a million. Again, sorry to take up your time drjazz.

Nah, didn't take up my time, this stuff keeps me sane (as close as I can get, anyway :D )

Jul 16, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #1,133 of 3,817
I also got the new version now and for me they are very comfortable and much better fit that the beta.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Jul 16, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #1,134 of 3,817
Wish I could say the same, but that's good. With the lining they are OK.

Jul 16, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #1,135 of 3,817
Any clue on the serial number for when the"new smaller headband" model came out?  

I called HiFiMan a few days ago and they acknowledged the change made in the headband from first production run (or maybe it was a change from the beta models?).  The person I spoke to didn't know what serial number they made the change. If I pushed I bet she could find out if she called the plant where they are made.

I think mine are not the short version but I have no way of knowing.  It's pretty comfortable with no stress points. Fits at the shortest position but I would like to have some room to tighten.  My serial number begins with 505.

thanks

here is what they look like, maybe you can tell by looks alone...

Jul 16, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #1,136 of 3,817

If it can drive the K1000, I'd guess it will have no problems with the HE-1000s.  But that's only a guess.  You'll know very soon.  There's already an evolving list of amplifiers that show particularly good synergy with the HE-1000s.  Interestingly, those that match particularly well don't necessarily have the highest wattage.  People have discovered these amplifiers by listening and testing them for themselves.  (Imagine that!)  Among the reportedly great matches, here are the ones I'm aware of so far:

McIntosh MHA-100
Auralic Taurus II
MicroZOTL 2 (Designed by David Berning)
Headamp GSX Mark 2
HiFiMAN EF-6

It will be interesting to hear how the Bottlehead 2A3 does.

If you can build and find one, I highly recommend the Super Symmetry Balanced Dynahi.  It betters the GS-X MKII at driving both the HD800 & HE1000.

Jul 17, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #1,137 of 3,817
As a beta tester, I had and used the original HE1000 with the longer headband, and now I have the production HE1000 with the shorter headband.

I notice NO difference in comfort.  I never had a problem with the prototype HE1000 being too big, so perhaps there is no difference in feel, only in setting, for me.

Jul 17, 2015 at 1:35 AM Post #1,138 of 3,817
the production H1K sounds same as beta and measures just as bad as Tyll beta measurements? ofcourse its not bad but its worse than HE-6 and even HE-500,especialy the slow impulse response,sure measurements who cares but many people say it isnt as visceral as he-6 and its polite smooth sounding so I believe in Tylls measurements

Jul 17, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #1,139 of 3,817
Thanks. Is it uncomfy due to the weight of the phone causing the strap to put pressure downward on your head? Just trying to understand.
So how many hek owners have the new smaller band? Any comments on the fit ? Thx again.

I have the smaller band. it is fitting just right for me on the last position, but for sure someone with a big head or more hair than me
rolleyes.gif
will find the HEK uncomfy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back