Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread
Jul 12, 2015 at 1:03 AM Post #1,096 of 3,817

We're working on it.
redface.gif

Peter, the suspense is killing me!!!!!

Made a huge financial miscalculation and took Todd (TTVJ) up on the chance to listen to the HEK in my system, damn if these aren't the best headphones I have ever heard (no Stax beyond the old Lambdas or Abyss). Reddog said he doesn't believe they are twice as good as the Ethers, I am assuming based on price. While agree they aren't twice as good (could throw in my modded 560s, PS1000, really just about any very good headphone into that assumptive mix), the HEKs are significantly better. In fact when I heard the Ethers in Nashville in direct comparison to my 560s, I did find the Ethers better, but by a very slim margin.

Jul 12, 2015 at 1:24 AM Post #1,097 of 3,817

Peter, the suspense is killing me!!!!!

Made a huge financial miscalculation and took Todd (TTVJ) up on the chance to listen to the HEK in my system, damn if these aren't the best headphones I have ever heard (no Stax beyond the old Lambdas or Abyss). Reddog said he doesn't believe they are twice as good as the Ethers, I am assuming based on price. While agree they aren't twice as good (could throw in my modded 560s, PS1000, really just about any very good headphone into that assumptive mix), the HEKs are significantly better. In fact when I heard the Ethers in Nashville in direct comparison to my 560s, I did find the Ethers better, but by a very slim margin.

They are great headphones! Seriously good...enough to come in #2 in my collection. I hope to have my portion wrapped up by the end of this upcoming week.

Jul 12, 2015 at 1:25 AM Post #1,098 of 3,817

Dude, you must have a gynormous head! Chevy Chase, wait a second, are you the Land Shark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wink_face.gif

There are some who say I have a big head, but it doesn't have anything to do with my cranium. 
biggrin.gif

Land Shark? Nope! Not me. Huh uh. I ain't never attacked nobody. It was the one-armed man.

Jul 12, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #1,100 of 3,817
There are some who say I have a big head, but it doesn't have anything to do with my cranium. :D

Land Shark? Nope! Not me. Huh uh. I ain't never attacked nobody. It was the one-armed man.

Show off!!!!! :smiley:

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Jul 12, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #1,101 of 3,817

Any word on when the menage a trios review will be up on the Guru?

Menage a trois, with a side of vishy swa (vishyssoise) coming soon to a Theater near you.

Our agreed submission deadline is this Wednesday, the 15th. Then it goes to the editors desk at the NYTimes, then to Tom Clancy to be proofread.
After a trip to Funk and Wagnalls for checking fact accuracy, off it goes to Harvard Law School to make sure there are no legal ramifications. 
tongue.gif

…or….as they would say in Jamaica, "Soon come, mohn!"

Jul 12, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #1,102 of 3,817

They are great headphones! Seriously good...enough to come in #2 in my collection. I hope to have my portion wrapped up by the end of this upcoming week.

What is the #1 ?

Jul 12, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #1,104 of 3,817

... I hope to have my portion wrapped up by the end of this upcoming week.

... so we will soon know about the quality of the cable and headband of the HE1000, thanks to Macedonian Hero.

But we need to hear about the left earpiece and right earpiece, from Frank I and immtibiker respectively.

After all, what if Frank I loves the left earpiece and immtibiker finds the right earpiece wanting?  

Well, then, everybody who is ordering an HE1000 will find that they need to order two, using the left earpiece of each to make a complete pair!

Jul 12, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #1,105 of 3,817
  This is what happened when I went to put my production unit on this evening.

Headband pulled loose 'cuz it's too tight.

This is of concern.  I don't see how they can be used without a working adjustable strap. 

1. Can you fix it, or will it need to go back to HiFiMAN? 
2. Have you contacted Jeff?

I'm guessing you didn't try the shoe stretch idea.  I know it sounds goofy but that stuff works on leather.

Jul 12, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #1,106 of 3,817
  This is of concern.  I don't see how they can be used without a working adjustable strap. 

1. Can you fix it, or will it need to go back to HiFiMAN? 
2. Have you contacted Jeff?

I'm guessing you didn't try the shoe stretch idea.  I know it sounds goofy but that stuff works on leather.

The band is stitched. Once leather is stitched you aren't going to get much stretch due to the thread. 

Jul 12, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #1,107 of 3,817
Sucks, looks look like it needs to go back!

Jul 12, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #1,108 of 3,817
Menage a trois, with a side of vishy swa (vishyssoise) coming soon to a Theater near you.

Our agreed submission deadline is this Wednesday, the 15th. Then it goes to the editors desk at the NYTimes, then to Tom Clancy to be proofread.
After a trip to Funk and Wagnalls for checking fact accuracy, off it goes to Harvard Law School to make sure there are no legal ramifications. :p

…or….as they would say in Jamaica, "Soon come, mohn!"

Sorry, damn my iPhone spell check:confused:!!!!!! Looking forward the review!

Jul 12, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #1,109 of 3,817
Looking forward to it whenever you guys get to it! Times coverage will be nice, too :smiley:

Jul 12, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #1,110 of 3,817

Users who are viewing this thread

Back