Official 8th Annual ChiUniFi - June 21, 2014
Jun 17, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #406 of 522
  I plan to bring an automatic headphone listener.  This is the next step in automation of listening productivity.  With it, you need not spend countless hours listening to music through your headphones.. you simply set your headphones on this device and it listens, uncomplaining, indefatigable, and without need for breaks, for any length of time.  You then can go about your business, doing laundry, shopping, or whatever.

I am sure you are excited and want to know... "How Much Does This Automatic Headphone Listener Cost?"  Since this is a preproduction prototype, I shall be willing to trade it for a like-new Sennheiser HD800 headphone and HDVD 800 amp.  Be the first on your block to have one of these!

Due to a raft of PMs of enthusiasm asking about this new product, I have at great personal expense and effort gotten permission to actually reveal, nay, debut, this product at Saturday's ChiUniFi gathering.

I cannot believe your good fortune!  I am authorized to sell the fully-operational prototype, shown in the right-hand picture, for $3,499 (normally $4,999) to the first head-fi'er at ChiUniFi that wants it.

So look for this at my spot this Saturday!  Bring cash!!

Jun 17, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #407 of 522
  Jumping in...

We should have a couple of systems on demo, including:
- iFi component stacks with suitable headphones
- Laptop and Aurender X100L serving up the tunes
- iFi Micro iDSD prototype (the Nano iDSD is currently available)

An ample stock of iFi products will be on hand for purchase.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Thanks Brian

Thanks for getting the word out to the Chicago Audio Society.

Jun 17, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #410 of 522
Be great to see you again Brian. Missed your BBQ last time.

Well, don't miss it this time!
popcorn.gif

Saturday, August 23rd.

Jun 17, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #411 of 522
Huh. I never thought I'd be the only one bringing an LCD-3 to a meet. Weird.

Kojaku

Jun 18, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #412 of 522
I could bring my LCD-3 as well as my AT W3000ANV if people think we need another pair...

Jun 18, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #413 of 522
Sorry guys, the Stax are coming on Saturday (and I don't get my mail until about 1PM) so they won't be there. 

Jun 18, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #415 of 522
Welp, no Geek Outs have arrived at my door, and I don't believe I'll have one before I leave for Chicago on Friday, so mine will not be in attendance. Thankfully there will be one there at least.

Can't wait to wrap the Oppo PM-1 and HiFiMan HE-400i around my ears. I doubt Oppo is going to have a PM-2 on hand, right? I have a feeling my next open can will be a PM-2 or 400i.

Jun 18, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #416 of 522
I pleased to announce Ultimate Ears will be at our event this year.  Ian Eskridge is their new Chicago area representative.  This will be Ian's first Head-Fi meet and we hope it will be many more.  Ian is a live sound engineer and you may have seen his handwork all throughout Chicago.  Welcome Ian and Ultimate Ears.

Jun 18, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #417 of 522
So I realize that it isn't necessarily the usual level of quality that you would expect here (head-fi), but I could bring my Xonar Essence STX if anyone wants to buy it for a friend (or yourself) looking to get into the audio world. Just let me know if anyone wants me to bring it and I definitely will (though it will be in the original box, not set up to listen to)

Jun 18, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #418 of 522
I pleased to announce Ultimate Ears will be at our event this year.  [COLOR=222222]Ian Eskridge is their new Chicago area representative.  This will be Ian's first Head-Fi meet and we hope it will be many more.  Ian is a live sound engineer and you may have seen his handwork all throughout Chicago.  Welcome Ian and Ultimate Ears.[/COLOR]
Very excited about this. Looking to talk to Ian about using in ears for live performances. Be prepared for a brain picking Ian. Also excited to finally hear some UE.

Jun 18, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #419 of 522
Does anyone have/could anyone bring a Shure SE535? 

Jun 18, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #420 of 522
  Does anyone have/could anyone bring a Shure SE535? 

I can and I will.

Also, I hope I can compare its sound to that of the Shure SE846 that roscoeiii said he's bringing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back