Official 8th Annual ChiUniFi - June 21, 2014
Jun 19, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #436 of 522
If you don't mind lugging it, I'd love to take a listen. I've been eyeballing the Marantz 22xx line for a while now.

It's fine, I was gong to bring the NFB-28 and the LYR 2 but since the LYR can't make it a receiver will be a more than worthy replacement.   It'll be fun to see how people like it compared to dedicated headphone amps.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Jun 19, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #438 of 522
Does anyone have an extra Balanced 4-Pin mini-xlr cable (Audeze 4-Pin Balanced Cable) that they could bring? It turns out that Skylab's LCD-3 is non-Fazored and mine is, so I'm thinking that since I have a great fully-balanced setup with both balanced tube and balanced solid-state implementations, we could keep our LCD-3s near each other for people to A/B.

The issue is that Skylab doesn't have a 4-Pin balanced XLR cable. If anyone who has an LCD-X or XC could bring an extra, that would be great. Anyone?

Kojaku

Jun 19, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #439 of 522
I'm excited to hear the AD2000 on some other amps. They don't have great synergy with my setup, and I'd like to hear how they sound with other things before buying an MPX3.

Jun 19, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #440 of 522
Does anyone have an extra Balanced 4-Pin mini-xlr cable (Audeze 4-Pin Balanced Cable) that they could bring? It turns out that Skylab's LCD-3 is non-Fazored and mine is, so I'm thinking that since I have a great fully-balanced setup with both balanced tube and balanced solid-state implementations, we could keep our LCD-3s near each other for people to A/B.

The issue is that Skylab doesn't have a 4-Pin balanced XLR cable. If anyone who has an LCD-X or XC could bring an extra, that would be great. Anyone?

Kojaku

If I still have any mini xlr connectors at home, I can make one for use at the meet. Will update the thread once I get home and check.

Jun 19, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #443 of 522
  A piece of good news, though: in addition to the Astell & Kern AK240, I'll also have the new AK100 II and the AK120 II, so we'll have Astell & Kern's entire current player lineup at the meet!

Sweet! If only we had sets of balanced IEM cables for people to test the balanced output with. Have I mentioned how much I love balanced output? 

Kojaku

Jun 19, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #444 of 522
  Sweet! If only we had sets of balanced IEM cables for people to test the balanced output with. Have I mentioned how much I love balanced output? 

Kojaku

I'll see what I can dig up. I think I have one that fits a Roxanne, and one that fits a UE custom IEM. I'll double-check to make sure that I have those, and see if I have anything else.

Jun 19, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #445 of 522
The Schiit Ragnarok will not be making the meet. It hasn't arrived at my office yet, and we've now passed the point where someone there could still turn it around in time.

Sorry about that, y'all.

Too bad, I was all ready to walk in like a super hero carrying it into the meet. Thank you for trying to get it here.

Jun 19, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #446 of 522
Too bad, I was all ready to walk in like a super hero carrying it into the meet. Thank you for trying to get it here.

LOL. I was hoping you'd be able to, too.

Okay, so I've confirmed, I have a balanced cable (2.5mm plug for the Astell & Kern players) for the Alpha Dog, for the UE custom (new version with the shrouded overmold), and the Roxanne.

If you have a Moon Audio adapter cable, I have the Black Dragon 2.5mm Astell & Kern-compatible plug (that's what I'm using for the Alpha Dog, which I use the Black Dragon with).

If anyone has micro-SD cards with hi-res music on it, that'd be great. I might have enough cards here for all three Astell & Kern units, but I'll have to double-check later.

Jun 19, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #448 of 522
I also have some prototype open backed wooden Fostex T50RP mods that kind of sound like crap, but if anyone wants me to bring them, I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back