Official 8th Annual ChiUniFi - June 21, 2014
Jun 20, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #466 of 522
  I almost forgot about this. I'll come. Bringing K701 (bumpless headband mod). I think we've just made a milestone and broke the 50 attendees mark. New record.

Yes... and 183 pieces of equipment, including 97 headphones, scheduled to appear!

Jun 20, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #467 of 522
I won't be bringing the HD600 but instead my HE6 with the pigtails.  I am letting On Song Audio use them with his Allnic Audio amplifiers.  The HE6 will have the WyWires Red while the HE500 will have a prototype that led to the final version of the Red.  Sonically the two cables are similar.

I will be heading up to Rays late this evening and then hope to be over at the Sheraton before 9 to be sure everything is ready.

Update the first post and with the 2 adds and 1 subtraction the count is at 50.  However, members from the Chicago Audio Society may be stopping in.  Brian also mentioned he posted it on Audio Karma.

It should be the best event yet.  Thanks everyone.  See you tomorrow.

Jun 20, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #468 of 522
  I won't be bringing the HD600 but instead my HE6 with the pigtails.  I am letting On Song Audio use them with his Allnic Audio amplifiers.  The HE6 will have the WyWires Red while the HE500 will have a prototype that led to the final version of the Red.  Sonically the two cables are similar.

I will be heading up to Rays late this evening and then hope to be over at the Sheraton before 9 to be sure everything is ready.

Update the first post and with the 2 adds and 1 subtraction the count is at 50.  However, members from the Chicago Audio Society may be stopping in.  Brian also mentioned he posted it on Audio Karma.

It should be the best event yet.  Thanks everyone.  See you tomorrow.

Do you have any info on how the raffle works, while I have your attention?

Kojaku

Jun 20, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #470 of 522
Jun 20, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #473 of 522
If anyone wants to pre-party, AxelCloris and I are at my place in Hyde Park tonight lol.

Kojaku

Jun 20, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #475 of 522
Here's sort of what I think my setup at ChiUniFi might look like (gotta practice, you know!)

Jun 20, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #477 of 522
Also, Kojaku, unfortunately, I don't have any mini XLRs on hand so no balanced cable for the second LCD-3.  

It's alright. I got one of the LCD-X owners to bring one.

Kojaku

Jun 20, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #479 of 522
Hahaha, quite the setup kayandjohn!

Thanks!

The advantage is that if table space is scarce, as it seems to be becoming, I can work without a table... and if table space is available, the setup is low enough that I can set it on a table to bring it to eye level.

Oh, and the AHA (Automated Headphone Auditioner) system on the right (mirror image of my avatar, on the left), available for $3,499.00 to ChiUniFi participants (normally $4,999.00), is available to you, in recognition of your kind comments, for $1.00 off (headphone not included).

Jun 20, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #480 of 522
Anyone know of any "Songs to wake you up for your 4 hour Drive To Chicago Before Dawn's Early Light" that I can dial up on my Beats streaming music service and play on my Beats automoitive audio system in my car as I drve there tomorrow morning?  High energy... hip-hop is good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back